“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Daps
I'm not a CM Punk fan at all but Dave Meltzer starts a lot of shyt in general. Punk was replying to that and he's catching a lot of flak for it. I don't have a dog in the PR battle over who was right and who was wrong but if you can't see that Meltzer starts shyt, hides his hands, and has his sources use HIM to both their benefit, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't strike yall that as soon as the CM Punk to AEW conversation starts trending again, Meltzer has an attack story given to him, Punk responds, and now everyone is back on the Punk is an a$$hole narrative? This is like when Klutch Sports uses the Windhorst or one of the journalists on their payroll as attack dogs.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
? I was replying to breh asking why would Punk want to comeback :why:

And the FOX deal is the perfect example as to why Punk would prefer any other place in the world besides WWE. He basically cashed a check and didn't have to deal with the company.
You forgetting that he said he "chose" AEW? It's easy to choose when there's no offer from the other company.
These recent events starting to feel like a work :patrice:
How is making the company and the owner look completely reckless a work? What good does this do the company?

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
He’s not wrong for questioning the build to All Out everyone was confused by it
Yeah. Not taking a side here as I like Mox also, but both can be right in this situation.

For Punk, if it's true they rushed him back uncleared to do the JOB at Dynamite to get the title on Moxley so that he could remove the interim tag officially (hence saying he didn't want to lose to Punk, which is a valid argument), then they needed to think about re-working the storyline altogether and the timing of it. Mox didn't HAVE to win in Ohio.

If they really wanted to do the Rocky 3 comeback story shyt, then scrap Dynamite, have Mox squash him at All Out (would have gotten booes I'm sure, but it is what it is) and then you do the whole comeback story until I guess Full Gear? That is now 2 months for your story build if that's what they were going for.

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I'm not a CM Punk fan at all but Dave Meltzer starts a lot of shyt in general. Punk was replying to that and he's catching a lot of flak for it. I don't have a dog in the PR battle over who was right and who was wrong but if you can't see that Meltzer starts shyt, hides his hands, and has his sources use HIM to both their benefit, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't strike yall that as soon as the CM Punk to AEW conversation starts trending again, Meltzer has an attack story given to him, Punk responds, and now everyone is back on the Punk is an a$$hole narrative? This is like when Klutch Sports uses the Windhorst or one of the journalists on their payroll as attack dogs.
He's earned the nickname "double talk Dave". He either plays both sides so he's not held accountable or he uses his sources to start shyt. One of the dumbest things Charlotte did was admit that Dave has her number, because she outed herself as a possible source for him. Punk is a a$$hole but he wasn't wrong here, and if anything Tony needs to be taking most of the flack here.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That whole Punk/Mox thing was absolutely nothing like Rocky III outside of "Champion loses title to challenger, Champion regains title in rematch".
Rocky III story has way more depth than that.
Honestly the story would've made way more sense with Mox playing the Rocky role given the bum of the week club challengers he had there for a while. Neither of them make sense as Clubber which is why it was stupid for them to ever equate anything they do to Rocky III

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
That whole Punk/Mox thing was absolutely nothing like Rocky III outside of "Champion loses title to challenger, Champion regains title in rematch".
Rocky III story has way more depth than that.
Honestly the story would've made way more sense with Mox playing the Rocky role given the bum of the week club challengers he had there for a while. Neither of them make sense as Clubber which is why it was stupid for them to ever equate anything they do to Rocky III

A Clubber Lang story would’ve made sense for a younger up and coming star like Hobbs, Wardlow, or someone in that vein to challenge Mox, shyt talk and get under his skin the entire way, beat him down and just physically dominate him, then have him built back up as former enemies/people he’s feuded with in the past (maybe Kenny, maybe Punk to sell the injury) light a fire under his ass so he can try again a few months down the line.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Yeah. Not taking a side here as I like Mox also, but both can be right in this situation.

For Punk, if it's true they rushed him back uncleared to do the JOB at Dynamite to get the title on Moxley so that he could remove the interim tag officially (hence saying he didn't want to lose Punk, valid argument), then they needed to think about re-working the storyline altogether and the timing of it. Mox didn't HAVE to win in Ohio.

If they really wanted to do the Rocky 3 comeback story shyt, then scrap Dynamite, have Mox squash him at All Out (would have gotten booes I'm sure, but it is what it is) and then you do the whole comeback story until I guess Full Gear? That is now 2 months for your story build if that's what they were going for.

Mox didnt have a valid argument at all wtf. He proved hes a mark. The interim shyt was always getting laughed at on the net, these idiots really got worked by fans online :mjlol:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Same reason he showed up in AEW at all after 7 years of being as about completely out of the business as possible, Khan is handing him a whole bunch of money.

He’s Contractually Obligated To Work When Healthy, Why Would Tony Give Him More Money? This Isn’t An MJF Situation