“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
You’ve watched long enough to know Punk MJF was no Rock Hogan either lol, that’s more wild than anything im typing

You know that's not the point I'm trying to make. Sometimes the main attraction of a PPV card isn't the main event, almost always because that match isn't for the world title and the world title is "protected" by still getting the main event slot in spite of being a "lesser" match.

CM Punk returning for his first match in forever against Darby was a bigger attraction than Kenny Omega vs Christian for example

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
You know that's not the point I'm trying to make. Sometimes the main attraction of a PPV card isn't the main event, almost always because that match isn't for the world title and the world title is "protected" by still getting the main event slot in spite of being a "lesser" match.

CM Punk returning for his first match in forever against Darby was a bigger attraction than Kenny Omega vs Christian for example

You mean to tell me the 83k people in MetLife stadium for mania weren’t there to see Becky, Charlotte and Ronda Rousey!?

Nah, can’t be true. They headlined!! :skip:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hangman-Cole already outdrew Hangman-Punk and Hangman-Kenny outdrew Punk-Moxley. CM Punk has only been a main event top star in ROH & AEW and he surely wouldn’t be the top star anywhere else at 44, so he needs AEW more than AEW needs him. If I’m Khan, I’m throwing a lot of these 2020-21 signings back at Levesque to dare him to use them all and push my young guys even harder. You see the numbers, ratings are STATIC year to year, that means you don’t need all these old WWE wash outs. Get the people that matter and lock them in.

lol lets be honest those PPVs also did well cause Punk was in key matches, Punk vs MJF Dog Collar match might go down as being the real main event over Hangman-Cole. And Punk-Mox had a confusing build where people didint even know he was main eventer which I think hurt them.

Punk probably fits more in AEW than WWE creativley but I als think AEW needs him as a star and theres clearly been a void in ticket sales and while people will cite the ratings holding over they're factoring the months he was out in the summer and the demo is down year to year, him in a key program with his promo ability still brings interest. Hes on limited time but I dont see why they all cant do business

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I read the Dax comments the same way a lot of y'all do too, total attempt to put pressure on Tony Khan to bring him back and make the Elite look like heels for "not allowing it".

I enjoy both sides as performers and don't have a real dog in the fight, but I woulda let the door hit Punk's ass on the way out just based on the press conference. Between that and the Adam Page callout, at the end of the day, Punk only cares about himself and will burn down everything around him if he doesn't get his way. Why risk it again?

Punk was objectivley in the wrong but where I think the convo of never letting him back again falls apart for me is there was already a culture of people sideways burying each other and fights happening (Andradae, Sammy, Kingston not only getting into scraps but saying who he doesnt like on press tours legit and thinking they arent good for the company, Omega's locker room speech, even if he was joking the word back to the sheets was it divided the locker room). I think thats probably why Punk insanely thought it was no big deal cause people were fighting every week.

My thing is if people are fixing things, see whats up with him and where is mindstate is at and have him talk it out. They'll know at the table if hes gonna play ball or not

To be honest with you, the guy Im worried about recreating disruption and instigating is Jericho more than anyone. I actually think Punk and Omega might be able to co-exists, Young Bucks Im not sure but they did have a relationship with Punk before this (Which is the wild part and why I think he may thought it was fine to pop shyt)

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado

I'm starting to see why hhh, rvd and everybody hated on Jericho. :hhh:

He’s playing his hand so far away from the table it’s legitimately hilarious

“Man, all y’all lucky I wasnt there when it happened”
He's employing all the bullshyt he saw Hogan do to keep his spot.
I read the Dax comments the same way a lot of y'all do too, total attempt to put pressure on Tony Khan to bring him back and make the Elite look like heels for "not allowing it".

I enjoy both sides as performers and don't have a real dog in the fight, but I woulda let the door hit Punk's ass on the way out just based on the press conference. Between that and the Adam Page callout, at the end of the day, Punk only cares about himself and will burn down everything around him if he doesn't get his way. Why risk it again?
Yeah, he's a pro wrestler. The bucks and Jericho aren't seeming especially selfless right now.
If you're Tony Khan, and Jericho & the so-called Elite tell you that it's either them or Punk, who do you decide to keep on your roster?
Even if I'm not signing Punk I tell them to have fun in the WWE or TNA or whatever. No way am I letting these idiots dictate what I can and can't do.