“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I read the Dax comments the same way a lot of y'all do too, total attempt to put pressure on Tony Khan to bring him back and make the Elite look like heels for "not allowing it".

I enjoy both sides as performers and don't have a real dog in the fight, but I woulda let the door hit Punk's ass on the way out just based on the press conference. Between that and the Adam Page callout, at the end of the day, Punk only cares about himself and will burn down everything around him if he doesn't get his way. Why risk it again?

Because Punk has and will draw more people than the Young Bucks or Hangman ever will

Punk is on limited time physically, might as well use that time to make every dollar they possibly can

The Young Bucks have been back long enough to show they've made 0 positive impact on ratings and 0 impact on ticket sales.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I read the Dax comments the same way a lot of y'all do too, total attempt to put pressure on Tony Khan to bring him back and make the Elite look like heels for "not allowing it".

I enjoy both sides as performers and don't have a real dog in the fight, but I woulda let the door hit Punk's ass on the way out just based on the press conference. Between that and the Adam Page callout, at the end of the day, Punk only cares about himself and will burn down everything around him if he doesn't get his way. Why risk it again?

I read Dax as placing himself in a Jey Uso main event adjacent type role. Them doing the feud would only elevate FTR, not anyone else.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Because Punk has and will draw more people than the Young Bucks or Hangman ever will

Punk is on limited time physically, might as well use that time to make every dollar they possibly can

The Young Bucks have been back long enough to show they've made 0 positive impact on ratings and 0 impact on ticket sales.

Hangman-Cole already outdrew Hangman-Punk and Hangman-Kenny outdrew Punk-Moxley. CM Punk has only been a main event top star in ROH & AEW and he surely wouldn’t be the top star anywhere else at 44, so he needs AEW more than AEW needs him. If I’m Khan, I’m throwing a lot of these 2020-21 signings back at Levesque to dare him to use them all and push my young guys even harder. You see the numbers, ratings are STATIC year to year, that means you don’t need all these old WWE wash outs. Get the people that matter and lock them in.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just wanted to say FUKK Chris Jeribloat

Who the hell is he? He’s more of a cancer to the roster than Punk is. Forcing himself to be the Bret Hart of the locker room :mjlol:

Folks don’t love him like THAT.

I guarantee Mox and Danielson feels the same but Meltzer had to keep confidence

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps

"Several top guys"

NDK1U9I6-Bs33xAdT-Chris-Jericho-y-los-Young-Bucks-en-el-primer-Rock-n-Wrestling-Rager-At-Sea-.jpg

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Hangman-Cole already outdrew Hangman-Punk and Hangman-Kenny outdrew Punk-Moxley. CM Punk has only been a main event top star in ROH & AEW and he surely wouldn’t be the top star anywhere else at 44, so he needs AEW more than AEW needs him. If I’m Khan, I’m throwing a lot of these 2020-21 signings back at Levesque to dare him to use them all and push my young guys even harder. You see the numbers, ratings are STATIC year to year, that means you don’t need all these old WWE wash outs. Get the people that matter and lock them in.

I know you don't believe this but you're too committed to your schtick to ever go back

you've followed wrestling long enough to know that the most pushed match on a PPV isn't always the main event (i.e. Wrestlemania's 18 and 23)

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
"After the promo segment, I went to Punk and I said, 'that was really good, that was a great segment.' They got the fans to react. It's hard sometimes to get the fans to react to a babyface-babyface match. I thought it was a great segment. He was like, 'Ahhh, I'm kind of feeling a certain way about it.' I had no inkling that anything went wrong or went sideways or anything like that,"

Kinda surprised this hasn't been talked about more, but again, Sourpuss Punk took something the wrong way that no one's first reaction was "wow, that was a low blow". Have to sell a face vs. face match-up somehow and it looks like Punk was just looking for a reason to be mad.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I know you don't believe this but you're too committed to your schtick to ever go back

you've followed wrestling long enough to know that the most pushed match on a PPV isn't always the main event (i.e. Wrestlemania's 18 and 23)

You’ve watched long enough to know Punk MJF was no Rock Hogan either lol, that’s more wild than anything im typing

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Fightful report on teh podcast episode(apparently it released early to some ppl)

The lead-up to AEW Double or Nothing was pivotal in Punk's AEW career as a promo segment with Hangman Page caused waves with Punk taking exception to a line from Hangman. Speaking on his FTR podcast, Harwood revealed the conversation he had with Punk following the segment.

When asked by co-host Matt Koon if Hangman seemed like the type of guy to take that kind of shot in a promo, Dax replied,

When asked if he got the feeling that Punk was starting to become bitter towards AEW heading into All Out, Dax replied,

Asked if we would see Punk back in AEW, Harwood said,

God damn he’s a Punk fanboy. I don’t think Dax knows he’s a star now too.