“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
If the Tribal Chief says he should be slapped then he should be slapped:yeshrug:
I’m glad he finally said something

Punk was straight up foul for the little side swipe he threw at Reigns back when he was doing his little rant about the WWE and it definitely made the marks hate on him harder than they already were. There was absolutely no reason to throw shade at that man for something he had no control over, especially when your whole gripe is how you didnt have any control. He was sour that Vince took his idea and made it better by replacing Chris Hero with Reigns and just proved how much of a mark he is for himself. I think that’s the biggest difference between his generation and the generation before them. All of them were marks. Hogan was a massive mark for himself, so is Bret, but they were never fanboys. Punk is both a mark and a fanboy of wrasslin which makes a miserable combination. A mark can at least do business. A fanboy is running around trying to make Shakespeare.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Cesaro always been awful to me. In ring he’s incredible. Strong as shyt and looks good

But he’s so fukkin bland. Can’t talk for shyt. Has the personality of stale bread. He’s right where he should be as roh champ IMO. AEW doesn’t need to rocketship that man to the top. Stop that talk!

Chris Hero was always much better but he couldn’t handle his weight, and Sheamus is obviously still better. Y’all gon get enough of overhyping these Dean Malenko personality having nikkas because they wrestle good. He ain’t selling no merch

Investing in the MJF’s and Ricky’s is a much smarter move on AEW’s behalf

Last edited:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
@Jesus H. Christ I'd give him this spot if I could, but the Truth is...he wouldn't even know what to do with it

He doesn't understand the accountability, the responsibility, of being on top. He doesn't understand the weight and the pressure of being the face of WWE.

It's not his fault. His entire life, he depending on his shooting promos. Nothing wrong with that. But Tsc depends on me, TheColi depends on me. These daps and reps is how I provide for families. It'll never be him. Because it will always be ME

Punk gonna take his payday, take the ass whooping that comes with it. But he will never take the titles, never take the head of table place.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Fightful report on teh podcast episode(apparently it released early to some ppl)

The lead-up to AEW Double or Nothing was pivotal in Punk's AEW career as a promo segment with Hangman Page caused waves with Punk taking exception to a line from Hangman. Speaking on his FTR podcast, Harwood revealed the conversation he had with Punk following the segment.
"After the promo segment, I went to Punk and I said, 'that was really good, that was a great segment.' They got the fans to react. It's hard sometimes to get the fans to react to a babyface-babyface match. I thought it was a great segment. He was like, 'Ahhh, I'm kind of feeling a certain way about it.' I had no inkling that anything went wrong or went sideways or anything like that,"

When asked by co-host Matt Koon if Hangman seemed like the type of guy to take that kind of shot in a promo, Dax replied,
"To be honest, I don't really know Adam Page very well, we worked together once on the North Carolina Indies. I don't know him very well, but I don't think so and I didn't think so. I didn't have that notion of him. He's a family man, he loves his wife, he just had a newborn, he's always pleasant and polite to me. We always talked and get along. Even after the disagreements we've had with the Young Bucks, he and I have always talked and got along great."

When asked if he got the feeling that Punk was starting to become bitter towards AEW heading into All Out, Dax replied,
"No, not at all. Punk was still so joyous and happy to be in the wrestling business. To be honest, he told me, when they were going to put the belt on him, that he didn't want the belt. He said, 'I just want to have fun,' but he understood that Tony putting the belt on him would put AEW in a better light. He took it, begrudgingly a little bit, but he took the belt. At the time, he was taking me, Cash, Max [MJF], Wardlow, Hobbs, I'm missing so many guys, he was taking us out to eat, always paying for it. He bought all the girls in the locker room Starbucks gift cards and had one of the girls hand them out, anonymously, and didn't say who they were from, but it was from him, just because he loved the atmosphere and loved being there. He also loved the work the girls were putting in. He thought they were busting their ass to try and get the attention that WWE's women's division was getting."

Asked if we would see Punk back in AEW, Harwood said,
"I can tell you what I hope, because I don't know. Everyone knows about the legalities of the situation and no one is really expressing what is going to happen, what has happened, and what won't happen. I can tell you, all I can be truthful about, I can only tell you what I know and what I perceive to know, I hope that he comes back. I feel that AEW should have the Young Bucks in their locker room. AEW should have Kenny Omega in the locker room. I know that I feel AEW should have CM Punk in the locker room. With those four entities, it makes our talent roster so much deeper and better. It's four guys who want to be the best. Regardless of what any of us think personally, I know that we all want to be the best and I know we all want the best for professional wrestling. It's given us a life that we could never have otherwise."

"This is my plea to all four guys. Please find a way to make it work. If we can make it work, we can set up the future of professional wrestling for a long time and we can change the course of professional wrestling for a very long time. When you think about it, unselfishly, we're doing this for 20-30 years down the road so guys and girls can make a living."