“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
When he beat who?
I'm guessing he's talking about Gresham.
1200px-Brock_Geodude.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-16-at-5.36.19-PM.png

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
c04ee318a42e83693b2ac2ece16bdf8f.png

Tony was forced to keep RoH off of TV/AEW. He acting like he came to that on his own. Execs told him get that off my station . We would still be getting Jericho and RoH stories on Dynamite if it were up to him:mjlol:

That's some fascinating spin in that quote, could it not just be that it doesn't make sense for Warner's platform to be used to promote a product they don't profit off nor want?

It's the same question I've always had when people cry about WWE not wanting to cross-promote. If I'm NBCU/FOX and I'm paying through the nose for WWE programming why the fukk would I want the time I'm paying for to go towards building another product that I don't want and that could end up on someone else's network and now my TV time and reach were used to create an audience for it. It makes no sense, business wise.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That's some fascinating spin in that quote, could it not just be that it doesn't make sense for Warner's platform to be used to promote a product they don't profit off nor want?

It's the same question I've always had when people cry about WWE not wanting to cross-promote. If I'm NBCU/FOX and I'm paying through the nose for WWE programming why the fukk would I want the time I'm paying for to go towards building another product that I don't want and that could end up on someone else's network and now my TV time and reach were used to create an audience for it. It makes no sense, business wise.

Only equivalent is if you say its a sub brand under AEW like WWE would with NXT or ECW.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Technically Warner does profit off of it as the ROH POVs are done in conjunction with Warner Discovery. At least that’s what I gathered based on TK saying the PPVs will still be on Bleacher Report like Warner Discovery wants them to be.

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
Only equivalent is if you say its a sub brand under AEW like WWE would with NXT or ECW.

The problem with that is that Tony came out from jump and said he'd maintain ROH as its own promotion. If Vince came to NBCU and said that he was thinking of relaunching ECW as its own thing outside of their existing IP obligations/rights and he'd take time on Raw to promote it they'd dub him too.

It was haphazard truly the best thing would have been to just fold ROH and keep the IP, tape library. The reality is the only people who ever cared about ROH already watch AEW, dumped ROH for AEW when it was announced and are more than happy with AEW.

Technically Warner does profit off of it as the ROH POVs are done in conjunction with Warner Discovery. At least that’s what I gathered based on TK saying the PPVs will still be on Bleacher Report like Warner Discovery wants them to be.

If that's the case that's fine but it also means Warner have seen enough data to decide that it's not worth the trouble of giving the brand TV time at the expense of their primary investment AEW which is what has been happening. What he's done has been effectively to cannibalize both ROH and AEW and it just comes off as an excuse to put belts on guys who aren't doing anything meaningful.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Idk man
ylwmufrsoywvfxjbrr0n.jpg

Looks like a main eventer in the middle of a poster of a show that outdrew the same opponent vs jericho :francis: either ROH is continuing to fail and is shrinking or Gresham did better than Jericho…or both

The Gresham match literally was opening match lol FTR Briscoes were the main event. Tony may be a little crazy but he’s not stupid.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
That was the first ROH show since it was acquired so 12,000 more people tuned in to see what was going on off that

Of course the next one is going to draw less since they still haven't established why it exists alongside AEW

And if they still can't explain it before the next one then it will do even less than 25k

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Idk man
ylwmufrsoywvfxjbrr0n.jpg

Looks like a main eventer in the middle of a poster of a show that outdrew the same opponent vs jericho :francis: either ROH is continuing to fail and is shrinking or Gresham did better than Jericho…or both
There was significantly more build and hype behind Death Before Dishonor. I mean we only knew something like two matches on the card with less than a week before Final Battle aired.