“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yep. Yet another predictable outcome, per usual.
I mean, predictability is not necessarily a bad thing. With the roles reversed, I think most people would righfully assume MJF would take the belt from Danielson. But it's different to give fans an anticipated match with an outcome they want to see (MJF getting the belt, as Full Gear showed) than give them an outcome they get frustrated by (Dragon losing another big match in AEW and never getting the strap).

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The DanielStans would be crying to the high heavens that he got a transitional reign. Then again, they would only be satisfied if he got 2 year reign where he wins every belt the company has.
I mean, yeah, there's a portion of his stanbase than never wants to see him lose so worrying about what they will bytch about next is useless.

But there was a clear path with Danielson getting a 5 month reign, reestablishing the AEW belt as THE biggest price in wrestling, putting younger people over just by being in high profile title matches AND build up to a huge match with MJF, were Max finally gets the strap. You achieve a bunch of things by giving the belt to Dragon and letting him run with it till Revolution. By going the Mox route they achieved none of them.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
8165415ed8aaa54f08833aaa6c8c7725.png

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The still have 4 months before the next PPV, who knows what's gonna be the main attraction. I think a Danielson vs MJF feud (which was teased with all this Regal stuff) would've been much bigger if Dragon was the champion and Max was chasing him than the other way around, as everyone knows there's no shot of Danielson winning the belt and cutting MJF's reign short.

I feel that Danielson shouldnt have lost to Jericho repeatedly (in any case after 2013, but especially in the Fall) if hes the next ppv match. The medium term story of a showdown with Hangman over the soul of AEW makes perfect sense for Double or Nothing but there has to be months of logical build for that. We'll see

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Is Regal leaving confirmed or is it just speculation given the way he's been booked the past 2 weeks?