“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Nah, this is mostly false. When New Japan was the clear number 2 and pushing out classic after classic, nobody had smoke for them. They were just doing what they did and everybody coexisted. TSC also fukked with the original All In which was an ROH ran event it I’m not mistaken.

The smoke didn’t come until AEW leaned into that combative “we’re here to save wrestling from the big bad WWE” bullshyt like Dixie’s TNA did. Once that became the angle, the tribes were chosen.. WWE hands ain’t clean in it either, they tossed NXT on Wednesdays and fueled the fire which made shyt really ridiculous. That “Wednesday war” is really the reason we’re here now lol

There is no analogy to be made there. New Japan was never seen as any kind of legit threat to WWE, and a good portion of TSC doesn't watch Japan anyway so why would anyone have had any smoke for them? You reaching. Completely different situation from TNA/AEW.

As far as why there is smoke to begin with, I don't think it really matters why and the reason you gave is probably true but that's what makes it even more corny. Dudes really that heated about Tony saying something mean about they favorite wrestling company that they gonna make it they life mission to search all day finding obscure tweets with botch gifs that were retweeted by 10 people? That's the Stand up for WWE crowd though. But if AEW ever disappears they gon switch up quick and go right back to shytting on WWE. :lolbron:

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I think some people that hate on AEW just want WWE to be the only major wrestling company

They have Stockholm Syndrome.

Like someone said earlier, AEW needs to trim the fat. Honestly since they are going to buyout Punk and taking a loss, I wouldn't be surprised AEW letting people walk just to soften the dollar losses of the buyout.

TK is learning on the job and probably discovered fantasy booking =/= real life booking. If anything, frees up money to reinvest in who they have and not continue to push people to the back of the line (i.e. MJF, Hobbs, Starks, Fenix, Penta, Wardlow). The people going back to WWE are going to eventually encounter the same problem that AEW currently has: there's only a certain amount of TV time per week

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
There’s two other fanbases who’s hate for tony is ten times as intense as any wrestling fans. Hating tony is the norm you bozo.

Think their hate is towards Shad Khan more given he owns both and signs the checks. Don't know about the soccer club, but you don't generally see TK get dragged into whatever Jaguars fukkery is happening.

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
This site definitely skews towards WWE now. That seems to be the trend.. Trips taking over mixed with AEW backstage drama kinda swung momentum

I noticed :leon:

For a minute this shyt was lookin like an AEW fansite with any criticism of AEW being met with pushback.. recently that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. There’s still like 3-4 posters you can’t say shyt about AEW around without some heated ass argument following but aside from that, shyt is lookin mad pro-WWE anti AEW lately

:patrice:

IMO the tide started to turn with Khan's remarks about Big Swole and never apologizing for them and then really ramped up with Double or Nothing and the MJF shyt that happened that weekend.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
The thread title changed saying there will be a buyout but there isn’t one post in here talking about this in detail. Where is the source for this information?

I think it was Wade(don't know last name) THINKING there may be a buyout. There hasn't been a single report confirming that I may happen, or even rumors surrounding it, I don't think.

I think it was just one person giving their 2 cents on what he thinks could happen, and everyone ran with it

It shouldn't be in the thread title

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Y’all don’t know how to use the search function?

513-C02-B1-0-ED7-4-E7-F-AFC2-096-D0-BC1295-C.png

They also asked Alvarez about it on Observer live and he said he doesn’t see Punk coming back and that a buyout was more likely as well unless Punk decides to sue. It’ll be up to Punk whether he thinks he can get more money from the buyout or from suing them. There’s also the option he has to put everything behind them and move on with their partnership but literally nobody in the know can see it happening.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I am not expecting CM Punk to wrestle in AEW again. I'm not saying it's 100 percent sure thing but everything is pointing in the direction of some sort of buyout of his contract.

Doesn't sound like they're reporting any concrete... They're just giving their best guess on what may happen based on the circumstances.