AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I mean, it was as simple as booking All Out for early October and pushing Full Gear to December.

TK's obsessions with creating "traditions" fans don't really give a fukk about ("All Out has to be on Labor Day weekend and in Chicago!") is not an acceptable justification.
Oh yeah it was definitely stupid as fukk…just speaking exclusively about pulling all of the top matches from All Out to All In because he really fukked himself with the timing of everything….

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Oh yeah it was definitely stupid as fukk…just speaking exclusively about pulling all of the top matches from All Out to All In because he really fukked himself with the timing of everything….

thing is we don't even know what the top matches are for All Out (hell we barely know what the top matches are for All In) so if Tony Khan did move any from Chicago to London it's not like the fans could get mad about it, they'd just think whatever got booked for Chicago was the original plan provided someone didn't leak shyt to the dirt sheets

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
thing is we don't even know what the top matches are for All Out (hell we barely know what the top matches are for All In) so if Tony Khan did move any from Chicago to London it's not like the fans could get mad about it, they'd just think whatever got booked for Chicago was the original plan provided someone didn't leak shyt to the dirt sheets

Only one for All Out that I believe is set in stone is Luchasaurus vs. Darby for the TNT Title. Guessing for All In, Darby will be in a six man tag with Sting and Nick Wayne vs Swerve, AR Fox, and someone else.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
this card is :yawn: so far

i want fresh matches
Yeah, Be interesting now to see what they do with Omega & Hangman

Im guessing they gonna do Omega vs Takeashyt. Should anyway. No idea what Hangman does.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Why would they waste a Ospreay match with Jericho.. Perfect chance for Omega Ospreay 3
AEW does not have the power to get that match unless New Japan gives them the ok, and that's a complicated negotiation. The fact we still don't know Omega's match makes me think Tony still trying to convince NJ but who knows if they'll go for it.

Now, doing Jericho vs Ospreay is a horrible idea that once again shows TK is a complete moron when it comes to "taking advice" from his talent. Jericho and Mox always get theirs and more often than not leads to hilariously bad ideas :mjlol:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Shiiit, if they get 215k buys for both All In and All Out that's a W all things considered :russ:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Shiiit, if they get 215k buys for both All In and All Out that's a W all things considered :russ:
They’ll get a ton of buys for All In but I think All Out buys are going to be rough. Only the most hardcore of fans with money are going to get both, at least in the US through BR. I might look into doing the VPN route to buy it through FiteTV for only $20.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
100k buys for "the biggest show of all time" would be pretty disappointing don't u think?
But it's not the biggest show of all time and AEW is not booking it like it either. Optics wise, I get it, but I'm trying to be realistic about an early Saturday PPV with not one single "big money" match on its card. And honestly, I could still see this PPV doing 150k or something. The problem is the show the next week. If All In does 140-50k and All Out 65-75k, I'd call that a best case scenario for Tony Khan's stupidity :hubie:

If AEW was promoting All In like WWE does WM, RR or even Summerslam, I'd be right with you on them having to sell at least the most PPVs in 2023. But they are not doing that, and they also were retarded enough to book back-to-back PPVs so why would anyone that tries to analyze this without a serious bias would expect something else?

They’ll get a ton of buys for All In but I think All Out buys are going to be rough. Only the most hardcore of fans with money are going to get both, at least in the US through BR. I might look into doing the VPN route to buy it through FiteTV for only $20.
I mean, I guess I could see a scenario were the UK folks buy the PPV in bigger numbers than usual, but I don't see the US market buying "a ton" of PPVs for a 1PM ET (10 AM Pacific!) show that doesn't really have a can't miss hook in it. It would have to get legit consensus "greatest wrestling show of all time" type of reactions after the show to drive "a ton" of late PPV buys for that to work.

It seems to me AEW has enough of a faithful, paying audience to get around 120-150k buys no matter what card they put out. But breaking that number, when they also have another paid show a week later, requires a lot of special shyt that so far this show doesn't really have...beyond being a huge non-WWE stadium show. If being in Wembley really drives the numbers up, I'd be gladly surprised :ehh: