AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But it's not the biggest show of all time and AEW is not booking it like it either.

That in itself is a mistake. When you have the largest gate in company history, top ten largest gate ever for wrestling and 80,000 fans in attendance... you know what you should do? You should lean into the spectacle. You should lean into "hey! look how fukking popular we are.."

People make fun of WWE for gloating about their success because some of it sounds stupid but this is a situation where WWE would be... I mean shyt we'd never hear the fukking end of it from them about how big the show is gonna be :pachaha:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That in itself is a mistake. When you have the largest gate in company history, top ten largest gate ever for wrestling and 80,000 fans in attendance... you know what you should do? You should lean into the spectacle. You should lean into "hey! look how fukking popular we are.."

People make fun of WWE for gloating about their success because some of it sounds stupid but this is a situation where WWE would be... I mean shyt we'd never hear the fukking end of it from them about how big the show is gonna be :pachaha:
I mean, we all know this. TK is basically the only one that didn't get the memo.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I say all this as someone who does believe MJF vs. Cole is the way to go to close out the show. I think that's the right move for where they are and that audience.

But the rest of the card I'm not sure on... even if they couldn't get Ospreay/Omega III on the show, surely you can use Ospreay in something that will be better than a match with Jericho, right?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
FTR vs Bucks is cold to me no matter how much people will like the in-ring. The story is the tag team champs have to challenge a team that hasn't competed in the tag division in how long? Did FTR reference the backstage brawl at all in their promo on Saturday?

CM Punk vs Joe again? We just saw this match with a clean finish, other than ROH nostalgia why would anybody want Punk vs Joe yet again over Punk vs Jay White or better yet Hangman Page or Kenny Omega?

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
FTR vs Bucks is cold to me no matter how much people will like the in-ring. The story is the tag team champs have to challenge a team that hasn't competed in the tag division in how long? Did FTR reference the backstage brawl at all in their promo on Saturday?

CM Punk vs Joe again? We just saw this match with a clean finish, other than ROH nostalgia why would anybody want Punk vs Joe yet again over Punk vs Jay White or better yet Hangman Page or Kenny Omega?

I'm in on Punk vs Joe if it was happening on the next PPV cycle so they could let it breathe :manny:

Already throwing it out in a tournament that ultimately means nothing & then rushing back to it with like 3 weeks of TV to build it is stupid as fukk though. Should have just ran with the Starks stuff until their past these 2 shows but I guess Starks ain't a big enough deal for Wembley against Punk.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

The tag team champs aren’t having to challenge the Young Bucks in kayfabe. They issued the challenge to determine who the best tag team ever is (their words) because they are tied 1-1 head to head.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I hope Sting makes the card in some capacity

Would love to see him and Phil link up again at Wembley one more time

sting-singer-and-phil-collins-at-a-live-aid-concert-at-wembley-B506MK.jpg