Aesop Rock = Mutated Edomite Rap At It's Worst

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Paul Barman's greatest contribution to Hip-Hop was playing the role of Masta Ace's "shakey" roommate on the skits from Disposable Arts.

"jumpin' jehosaphat, and something that goes with that
I'm more funky than a 4 year old yoga mat"

:russ:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
It's a fukkin chore listening to this cat. Like I have to make an effort to listen any of his shyt all the way through

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nahh, y'all nikkas are just narrow minded as fukk.

My playlist can jump from Aesop Rock, to Big K.R.I.T., to Sage Francis, to Three 6 Mafia, to Incubus, to Kendrick Lamar, to Lil Wayne, to Portishead, to Outkast, to Mobb Deep, to Cunninlynguists, to Kanye West, to fukking Smashing Pumpkins..

Don't be hating because others and I can appreciate music which you can't. Different strokes for different folks..

:beli:

fukk your taste then. If I'm on a film forum and make a thread about Cuba Gooding Jr. being among the ultimate thespians or "the day after tomorrow" being one of the true great dystopic masterpieces of all time, I would hope that people would mash on me and wouldn't fall back on the "you just don't get it" defense. I gives a fukk if you connect with Billy Corgan's insight that tomorrow's just an excuse away or if you vibe to "it could be sweet." aesop rock is wack as fukk, period. I don't even know what genre his horrible music falls under except Bullshyt. You like it? Cool. Don't parade your affinity for all these other artists as proof of the legitimacy of your opinion. That motherfukker sucks at making rap music, whether you've been rocking with Explosions in the Sky since before FNL made them wealthy or trying to put supposed hip hop heads up on JVC Force. aesop just fukking sucks and puts out garbage ass doodoo non-rap music. And it has nothing to do with whether someone transitions from Donny Hathaway to Kate Bush to Beach House on their latest playlist.

:birdman:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
in 10 years the next kanye will be biting aesops style

aesop rock is the jimi hendrix of this rapping shyt

fukkkers

:rudy:

don't insult the gawd jimi u damn fool

jimi hendrix basically schooled the world on how to play the fukk out of a guitar...

what has Aesop contributed to rap? if he is that great and influential then where is the impact :troll:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nahh, y'all nikkas are just narrow minded as fukk.

My playlist can jump from Aesop Rock, to Big K.R.I.T., to Sage Francis, to Three 6 Mafia, to Incubus, to Kendrick Lamar, to Lil Wayne, to Portishead, to Outkast, to Mobb Deep, to Cunninlynguists, to Kanye West, to fukking Smashing Pumpkins..

Don't be hating because others and I can appreciate music which you can't. Different strokes for different folks..

:beli:
:childplease:

this proves nothing other than the fact that you occasionally have garbage ass music in your rotation.

I can appreciate any GOODmusic, no matter what it is. But when something is bad it is just bad.:pacspit:

Jigsaw2347

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
South Bend, Indiana
Yeah thats cool and all but if you are really in South Bend Indiana then it kind of makes sense. Thanks for your input mr. diverse white guy.

Funny that you say that because South Bend has a pretty large black population..

And I'm only half white actually, so way to pull the race card and look like an ignorant shythead.

fukk your taste then. If I'm on a film forum and make a thread about Cuba Gooding Jr. being among the ultimate thespians or "the day after tomorrow" being one of the true great dystopic masterpieces of all time, I would hope that people would mash on me and wouldn't fall back on the "you just don't get it" defense. I gives a fukk if you connect with Billy Corgan's insight that tomorrow's just an excuse away or if you vibe to "it could be sweet." aesop rock is wack as fukk, period. I don't even know what genre his horrible music falls under except Bullshyt. You like it? Cool. Don't parade your affinity for all these other artists as proof of the legitimacy of your opinion. That motherfukker sucks at making rap music, whether you've been rocking with Explosions in the Sky since before FNL made them wealthy or trying to put supposed hip hop heads up on JVC Force. aesop just fukking sucks and puts out garbage ass doodoo non-rap music. And it has nothing to do with whether someone transitions from Donny Hathaway to Kate Bush to Beach House on their latest playlist.

He's wack to you, but not me. See, that's the beauty of music..there's something different for everyone. Aesop Rock isn't for everyone..plain and simple. I can understand why you and others might not like him, he's dense as fukk, has a nasally voice, and has a weird flow. But it clicks with me..it makes sense to me. Just because YOU think it's wack doesn't necessarily mean its wack..just wack to you. Just because I like Aesop doesn't mean he's dope to everyone either..only to me and those who enjoy his music. It's all subjective bro...