Adam Cole's NXT contract expires after SummerSlam

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
He’s wrestling in front of more people than he would be if he stayed :manny:

Actually no, I take that back, he wouldn’t be wrestling at all if he stayed, so why stay?

so what you're telling me is that NXT was his ceiling and he isn't good enough to be a success or even have any impact on Smackdown or Raw to the point he won't even be featured on tv ?? so he might as well go and be the lackey with the catchphrase to his pals and let his lady be the star ?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
so what you're telling me is that NXT was his ceiling and he isn't good enough to be a success or even have any impact on Smackdown or Raw to the point he won't even be featured on tv ?? so he might as well go and be the lackey with the catchphrase to his pals and let his lady be the star ?

Na…. That’s NOT what he saying

But that IS how you’re trynna spin it and frame it:russ:

Well played though…… new heels are definitely rising in TSC:lolbron:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You know damn well there’s a chance he wouldn’t be used properly. Don’t deny history. :comeon:

Do you forget he had meetings with creative pitched to him? Probably was like :ohhh: on the outside, but :scust: on the inside. He didn’t take the gamble.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This is exactly it. I was telling NXT stans this before he signed to AEW that he is mid-card tops wherever he goes and this ain't no loss for the E. Just off his look, dude refuses to hit the gym, and he ain't no Danielson in the ring to make up for it. He might as well just goto the place with friends and girl, and have a small amount of creative input.

Anyone that wanted this dude to go big on Raw or SD, was massively fooled by his NXT run.

Will give him credit on the mic, but that's only one piece of the puzzle in wrestling though.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
This is exactly it. I was telling NXT stans this before he signed to AEW that he is mid-card tops wherever he goes and this ain't no loss for the E. Just off his look, dude refuses to hit the gym, and he ain't no Danielson in the ring to make up for it. He might as well just goto the place with friends and girl, and have a small amount of creative input.

Anyone that wanted this dude to go big on Raw or SD, was massively fooled by his NXT run.

Will give him credit on the mic, but that's only one piece of the puzzle in wrestling though.

Maybe you are right….. but at the end of the day…. People there are only as good as one out of touch maniac sees them.

They view Kofi as nothing but a “placeholder” (not sure if that’s a positive or negative)

And Joe is/was better than everyone on the roster at one point and they should’ve pulled the trigger and let him beat Brock but foolishly let an opportunity to make him be a bigger star flounder (they severely lack star power to this day)

Also Lashley only became good to them when they had absolutely NO OTHER options.

In the end (to a degree) anyone can be anything when used the right way and have the proper support

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know damn well there’s a chance he wouldn’t be used properly. Don’t deny history. :comeon:

Do you forget he had meetings with creative pitched to him? Probably was like :ohhh: on the outside, but :scust: on the inside. He didn’t take the gamble.
They be taking that opportunity sales pitch too damn far.

because so many people let themselves get saddled with a shytty gimmick, and its not like WWE immediately tries to fix it they’ll let something wack rock for YEARS before doing something about it and the talent gets the flack for not getting it over.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG

200.gif

I take back what I said about him running from the grind. he sprinted.
You're an absolute moron if you think Adam Cole didn't make an excellent business move that keeps him sufficiently busy.

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Na…. That’s NOT what he saying

But that IS how you’re trynna spin it and frame it:russ:

Well played though…… new heels are definitely rising in TSC:lolbron:

oh nah, I was just asking questions.

:hubie:

the answers seem to be that he took an easier gig at AEW were he wouldn't have much to prove because its fanbase is already mostly familiar with him.

shyt, I said he ran from the grind but people replying to me have been basically calling that boy p*ssy.

but what is used correctly for someone like Adam Cole ?
yous don't believe in that mans ability or that he couldn't politic his way to an upward trajectory ?

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
oh nah, I was just asking questions.

:hubie:

the answers seem to be that he took an easier gig at AEW were he wouldn't have much to prove because its fanbase is already mostly familiar with him.

shyt, I said he ran from the grind but people replying to me have been basically calling that boy p*ssy.

but what is used correctly for someone like Adam Cole ?
yous don't believe in that mans ability or that he couldn't politic his way to an upward trajectory ?

Maybe…. But kinda feels like there was an axe that needed to be grinder.

I think if someone else other than Vince and all the old 70+ years olds in charge. It would be easier and more fair to use that judgment based off the answers in here.

Hell even if it was Heyman that lead the creativity.

You do have a point about “the grind” which raises the questions, why do they constantly feel the need to handicap some talent out the gate and in some cases humiliate them before giving them a fair chance to shine and succeed?

Why put Kross in a poor Fayetteville, NC Comicon costume and take away his valet?

Why take everything that made Keith Lee cool and make him look like a bum?

Why did it take them years to make people like Becky and Bailey become the things they are today?

For years all people said behind the scenes is that Eugene and Santino are really legit dope and skilled guys, but they chose to make one a retard and the other a comedy clown that had a ceiling to how far they can go.

When there were no options, shyt you gotta do what you gotta do. But now that there are options, ain’t no one trynna waste they time and deal with that.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
We have to remind ourselves that this ain’t our “old WWF” that made great stars like Rock, Austin and hell even Cena.

They are sooooooo far removed from that tight knit machine that made everyone a star.

So I can’t blame anyone for not wanting to take a crapshot with them to see if they are gonna be the next Rock or next Rob Conway (both outcomes equally 50/50) and wanting to see go places that may give them a higher percentage or chance to be bigger and not have to humiliate themselves or be unnecessarily handicapped just due to someone else’s amusement or to see “how they respond”

It’s not even about AEW, ECW created a great template….. ROH did pretty well with that and in recent times Lucha Underground did a GREAT job highlighting everyone’s strength and making their roster look like stars