Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It all boils down to AD's health.

If he's healthy they are title contenders

You can't win in the NBA as a two-man game. Even back in the day Magic-Kareem and Shaq-Kobe needed their supporting cast to play well.

With the quality and fit of the Lakers' cast right now, they either need them to play perfect or they need to upgrade their supporting cast. Most of all they just don't have the shooting they need for playoff basketball unless KCP and at least one other guy are going off.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
You can't win in the NBA as a two-man game. Even back in the day Magic-Kareem and Shaq-Kobe needed their supporting cast to play well.

With the quality and fit of the Lakers' cast right now, they either need them to play perfect or they need to upgrade their supporting cast. Most of all they just don't have the shooting they need for playoff basketball unless KCP and at least one other guy are going off.

GOOD LEADERS BRING OUT THE BEST OF THEIR SUPPORTING CAST

IN REALITY, SCHRODER, MONTREZL, KCP, ETC ARE ALL GOOD SUPPORTING PLAYERS.. THEY JUST UNDERPERFORMED FOR SOME STRANGE REASON.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
If Klutch/LA knew Davis wanted to sign with the Lakers, they never should've made the trade for AD. The Lakers would've been better off holding on to their assets and signing AD through free agency......This was my original thought before they traded for AD.

The team feels incomplete having not secured Kawhi. For a trade like that we needed to get that signing done. Oh well, gotta fix things now.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Klutch/LA knew Davis wanted to sign with the Lakers, they never should've made the trade for AD. The Lakers would've been better off holding on to their assets and signing AD through free agency......This was my original thought before they traded for AD.
Bron couldn't wait. Many of us said the same shyt and folks were like "Bron 34 gotta get it asap, no guarantees"..I told nikkas this was a shortsighted move and ultimately Bron fukked up his own legacy. A team with zo, Ingram, Bron & AD would win multiple titles. Now we got to swing for the fences and hope we put the right mediocre players around Bron and AD.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Major overhaul.

Get rid of:

Wes
The German
Kuz
KCP
Gasol

Get:
DeRozen
Dinwiddie
Powell
Mitchell Robinson

Health is a main issue too. AD is tin, Bron needs load management (minutes, not games)when he’s healthy.

Wishful thinking?
Do you know how salary cap or assets work?:dahell:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
GOOD LEADERS BRING OUT THE BEST OF THEIR SUPPORTING CAST

IN REALITY, SCHRODER, MONTREZL, KCP, ETC ARE ALL GOOD SUPPORTING PLAYERS.. THEY JUST UNDERPERFORMED FOR SOME STRANGE REASON.
Schroder - Covid
KCP - Knee injury
Montrez - phased out by Drummond

Not hard if you think about it.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The team feels incomplete having not secured Kawhi. For a trade like that we needed to get that signing done. Oh well, gotta fix things now.
I mean it seems that was the plan...Kawhi was stringing them along just to get to the Clippers.

No telling who the Lakers could have got if they focused elsewhere. :manny:

Didnt need Kawhi last year. Honestly didnt want him (I didnt want an easy championship). However, if I knew the Nets were going to stack the deck and AD's health be a major problem then I would have been in more support of it.

Last edited:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
With the cap situation we're in a tough spot. Rob really needs to see who would be willing to do a sign and trade for Dennis. If the Sixers flame out maybe they would bite? Other then that we're back at looking at Vet minimums and scouring the buy-out market

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm looking at other teams over the cap that might need to also reshuffle, I think we all agree they could use a ball handler that can shoot. If we got Seth and an add on I'd be happy :hubie:

So Philly would literally go from considering Kyle Lowry to Dennis Schroder especially when they’d have the assets and contracts to pull off a sign and trade with Toronto :huhldup:

Y’all Lakers fans really gotta be more realistic with the situation and the lack of contracts/assets you have at your disposal. If y’all don’t even want breh, then why would another contender want your scraps :mjlol:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
So Philly would literally go from considering Kyle Lowry to Dennis Schroder especially when they’d have the assets and contracts to pull off a sign and trade with Toronto :huhldup:

Y’all Lakers fans really gotta be more realistic with the situation and the lack of contracts/assets you have at your disposal. If y’all don’t even want breh, then why would another contender want your scraps :mjlol:

Lowry would cost more then Seth and an add on, and Philly was just an example of a team that may be willing to work on a sign and trade due to them being over the cap