AD NEED AN MD & LESS SCRUBS IN LA’S ANATOMY: THE 2021 LAKERS OFFSEASON THREAD

Mars

Superstar
Daps
We won the chip tho. Did what we had to do for the short term while sacrificing the long term :yeshrug:

The repurcussuons are now here

Rob and Klutch better work somethin

LA would be in position to win 3 or 4 championships...They would've had a 3rd star (Ingram), a young pg (Ball), all of their draft picks, plus the option to keep or trade Kuzma/Hart for 1 or 2 rotation players.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
LA would be in position to win 3 or 4 championships...They would've had a 3rd star (Ingram), a young pg (Ball), all of their draft picks, plus the option to keep or trade Kuzma/Hart for 1 or 2 rotation players.
AD would have been a free agent last summer if we waited. I'm not knocking the logic in waiting, which is what a lot of us wanted to do, but the trade was made and the ends justified the means at least. Granted, we paying for it now, but at least we won the chip with the deal. Bron didn't want to wait. He already missed the playoffs year 1 even though he activated playoff mode, but I think we would have made the playoffs last season without AD and just pick him up Summer 2020 for this current season.

What's done is done, but I don't disagree.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I cant even get mad at them for keeping Kuz.

Kawhi/PG returning + KD on the Nets.

When competing for a repeat the idea was we had to go through those teams. So we needed another big forward that can guard those guys. Just didnt work out.

I think the reality is that Kuz was a product of Zo. In hindsight, we should have given up Kuz as well and kept the 1st round pick.

DeAndre Hunter is the obvious fit or Darius Garland (Klutch) would have been the shooter/pg needed,

100% agree on Deandre or Garland.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Major overhaul.

Get rid of:

Wes
The German
Kuz
KCP
Gasol

Get:
DeRozen
Dinwiddie
Powell
Mitchell Robinson

Health is a main issue too. AD is tin, Bron needs load management (minutes, not games)when he’s healthy.

Wishful thinking?

Derozen is a free agent and I doubt the Spurs would even consider a sign and trade, esp for fukkin Dennis/Kuz combo :francis:

Wes been ass for years

Gasol needs to retire.

KCP...I think Rich still owe him bread for his terrible advice to him with what Detroit offered. So I doubt he goes.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
AD would have been a free agent last summer if we waited. I'm not knocking the logic in waiting, which is what a lot of us wanted to do, but the trade was made and the ends justified the means at least. Granted, we paying for it now, but at least we won the chip with the deal. Bron didn't want to wait. He already missed the playoffs year 1 even though he activated playoff mode, but I think we would have made the playoffs last season without AD and just pick him up Summer 2020 for this current season.

What's done is done, but I don't disagree.
He avg 28/10/9 during the time despite not clearly moving as well as he did before the injury. What doomed the team was no Zo and BI being injured as well (Who knows how long the blood disorder was hurting him) Luke being in over his head as well.

Lakers needed that Warriors like perfect timing like how KD was a free agent when the cap went up (Steph on a cheaper contract) Its just too bad AD wasnt a free agent same year as Bron.

Obviously didnt want to waste one of Bron's prime years either so they went for it.

I THINK if they somehow had the #1 seed they might have still won the title. It would have a tougher time in the playoffs, but enough to get by. Primarily because they would have avoided the Clippers and didnt get the Bucks or Sixers in the finals. Cause BI was looking ready to step up and Vogel was an obvious upgrade over Luke.

I think none of this would even matter though if Silver just started the season in March. AD doesnt break down, Bron is fresher (hopefully avoids Solomon Hill) and they are on track to have a great battle in the finals.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He avg 28/10/9 during the time despite not clearly moving as well as he did before the injury. What doomed the team was no Zo and BI being injured as well (Who knows how long the blood disorder was hurting him)

Lakers needed that Warriors like perfect timing like how KD was a free agent when the Cap went up (Steph on a cheaper contract)

Obviously didnt want to waste one of Bron's prime years either so they went for it.

I THINK if they somehow had the #1 seed they might have still won the title. It would have a tougher time in the playoffs, but enough to get by. Primarily because they would have avoided the Clippers and didnt get the Bucks or Sixers in the finals. Cause BI was looking ready to step up and Vogel was an obvious upgrade over Luke.

I think none of this would even matter though if Silver just started the season in March. AD doesnt break down, Bron is fresher (hopefully avoids Solomon Hill) and they are on track to have a great battle in the finals.

completely agree, but don't run that bullshyt I'm activating playoff mode thinking you gonna run through the conference like you did the East. He learned quick that shyt don't work out in the West.

Zo going down was the killer, most of us knew it was.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
completely agree, but don't run that bullshyt I'm activating playoff mode thinking you gonna run through the conference like you did the East. He learned quick that shyt don't work out in the West.

At the time I cant blame him for being confident (Bron's career by 2019) Only a 5% dip to him

510-241 vs East (.679)

275-163 vs West (.628)
From BBR

After returning from the injury

4-8 vs East
4-5 vs West

I think coaching and injuries had more of an impact than people realized at the time :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
At the time I cant blame him for being confident (Bron's career by 2019) Only a 5% dip to him

510-241 vs East (.679)

275-163 vs West (.628)
From BBR

After returning from the injury

4-8 vs East
4-5 vs West

I think coaching and injuries had more of an impact than people realized at the time :yeshrug:

no doubt.

but that playoff mode shyt made him look dumb...we end up in the lottery :dead:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
When you look at the trajectory of AD's career, he seems to follow up disappointing/injury ridden seasons with monster years

Expecting an MVP like year from him next season

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Derozen is a free agent and I doubt the Spurs would even consider a sign and trade, esp for fukkin Dennis/Kuz combo :francis:

Wes been ass for years

Gasol needs to retire.

KCP...I think Rich still owe him bread for his terrible advice to him with what Detroit offered. So I doubt he goes.
That championship should carry KCP post career. Might get a tv gig or another type of opportunity. So all wasnt lost.

However, if I'm Trez :picard:

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

That Playoff mode shyt was pure jokes

:mjlol:

Fred

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

They had no point guard at all, no center at all, coaching was ass, Bron was playing hurt and their top two players outside Bron were out with injury.

Talking like it was an East/West thing is counterfactual. Lakers went 4-5 against the West and 4-8 against the East in the games after injured Bron came back.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Got damn at the amount of LWO members :picard::pachaha:

Y’all a damn army :dwillhuh:
That corporate brand pulls in fans from across the world. Most of those guys ain't even LA - I just found out the other day that one of the loudest LWO guys and pure Bron haters is a fukking Canadian. :deadrose: