AD NEED AN MD & LESS SCRUBS IN LA’S ANATOMY: THE 2021 LAKERS OFFSEASON THREAD

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Sad that the needs are the SAME as last year.

Better shooters
Defensive 3/4
If they don't trust Gasol, then a big who either spaces or plays defense (can probably only get one)

Early in the season I would have kept KCP, Morris, Caruso, but at this point damn near everyone is expendable considering their performance at the end.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Kuz should of been traded for a minute now. Never understood why they kept.his ass when they traded all the other young players the rebuild.

Need a better Center I thought Drummond would be a solid solution but he's kinda not.
Gasol was a waste.
Schroeder wasn't really it. Should of kept Rondo can try and trade for a better back up PG next season since this FA gonna be ass

Oh yeah better shooters of course. They had Luke Skywalker from Star Wars sounding like a great option when he talked about shootin wombats from his T-16.

:scust:

Fred

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kuz should of been traded for a minute now. Never understood why they kept.his ass when they traded all the other young players the rebuild.

Need a better Center I thought Drummond would be a solid solution but he's kinda not.
Gasol was a waste.
Schroeder wasn't really it. Should of kept Rondo can try and trade for a better back up PG next season since this FA gonna be ass

Oh yeah better shooters of course. They had Luke Skywalker from Star Wars sounding like a great option when he talked about shootin wombats from his T-16.

:scust:

Fred
They didn't include Kuz in the original AD trade cause they needed the larger salaries of Ingram and Ball to make the trade work. Also New Orleans would never have done the trade if they weren't getting Ingram.

But they should have packaged Kuz with Danny Green last year and gone after Buddy Hield. Toss in the draft pick or THT too if necessary. Could have thrown in some other salaries and probably taken Bjelica off their hands as well.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
If Klutch/LA knew Davis wanted to sign with the Lakers, they never should've made the trade for AD. The Lakers would've been better off holding on to their assets and signing AD through free agency......This was my original thought before they traded for AD.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If Klutch/LA knew Davis wanted to sign with the Lakers, they never should've made the trade for AD. The Lakers would've been better off holding on to their assets and signing AD through free agency......This was my original thought before they traded for AD.
We won the chip tho. Did what we had to do for the short term while sacrificing the long term :yeshrug:

The repurcussuons are now here

Rob and Klutch better work somethin

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
They didn't include Kuz in the original AD trade cause they needed the larger salaries of Ingram and Ball to make the trade work. Also New Orleans would never have done the trade if they weren't getting Ingram.

But they should have packaged Kuz with Danny Green last year and gone after Buddy Hield. Toss in the draft pick or THT too if necessary. Could have thrown in some other salaries and probably taken Bjelica off their hands as well.
I still wish we kept Zo atleast he could of been a solid pg off the bench. I definitely agree about they should of traded Kuz with Green as a package. He gotta fukking go too fukking inconsistent for this team on both offense and defense

Fred

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You know good and well the NBA won't let Lebron load manage unless the Lakers lie
He popularized load management lol. That being said for the life of me I don’t understand why he plays damn near the entire game during the season. Why not rest him as much as possible during games you’re winning?

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Our shooting is trash. But why would packing the paint not also be for neutralizing a component of Bron’s offense? Both things can be true.
Cuz if the shooters can shoot.. youndont need lebron's offense...just his passing....

And u can also unlock lebron's offense by putting him at the posts...but his explosion was gone... we only saw a glimpse when he was mad at crowder...

The real defense they did against lebron was to foul him..to get him out of his game...it works a lot too.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Major overhaul.

Get rid of:

Wes
The German
Kuz
KCP
Gasol

Get:
DeRozen
Dinwiddie
Powell
Mitchell Robinson

Health is a main issue too. AD is tin, Bron needs load management (minutes, not games)when he’s healthy.

Wishful thinking?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Cuz if the shooters can shoot.. youndont need lebron's offense...just his passing....

And u can also unlock lebron's offense by putting him at the posts...but his explosion was gone... we only saw a glimpse when he was mad at crowder...

The real defense they did against lebron was to foul him..to get him out of his game...it works a lot too.
Said in another thread, but Bron's gotta figure out the FT line.

His worst series have been when he hasnt gotten to the ft line much/made enough fts.
He didnt get many calls those last two games. So he's gotta figure out a way to sell calls better.

He was getting 9 to 10 FTs in the playoffs his last year with the Cavs.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I cant even get mad at them for keeping Kuz.

Kawhi/PG returning + KD on the Nets.

When competing for a repeat the idea was we had to go through those teams. So we needed another big forward that can guard those guys. Just didnt work out.

I think the reality is that Kuz was a product of Zo. In hindsight, we should have given up Kuz as well and kept the 1st round pick.

DeAndre Hunter is the obvious fit or Darius Garland (Klutch) would have been the shooter/pg needed,