ACTIVE SHOOTER: Louisville, KY; UPDATE: 4 killed 8 hurt; Shooter dead; Governor lost 2 friends

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
there is no amount of logical arguments or evidence that will dissuade the people who believe this. I know some of these people personally and they are so far gone that its terrifying. These people really believe that the true downfall of America will be due to a Police State run by Jewish Communist Fakks who will swiftly send shock troops in to disarm and pacify the general public.

Many of them see the gun violence as either A. a perfectly acceptable cost to protect themselves from the existential threat of government,

B. illegitimate and inorganic. Fake News. False flags planned or exaggerated by the Govt to enact Martial Law. Or the govt is lying about the cause of the shootings (see SSRIs cause mass shootings).

or C. Part of the plan. Many of these psychos want the US to collapse as thatd mean the Federal Govt cant "enforce tyranny" and they can live out their Idiotic Libertarian/Christo-fascist fantasies of living off the land, forming compounds/ethnostates, and being able to kill minorities with no legal consequences.

Part C is the part people are starting to say out loud. J6 and "Anti-woke" are a perfect example of this.

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
People get shot at gun ranges all the time, even that sniper from the Clint Eastwood movie met his end cause some crazy soldier off'd him and another guy at a gun range. But the point of mass shootings is either to be at the place that upset you (your school, your workplace) or to be where the crowds are (a school, church, club, theater, concert). Why would someone just randomly have a mass shooting at a gun range?

Last year:

Year before that:

The Chris Kyle shootings:

I get your point, but those are poor examples.

One was a robbery.

American sniper likely tried to talk his way out of it, due to his killer also being a vet.

The other, I had just left there 1.5 hours before that happened. There’s multiple signs there stating your weapon must remain in a case until you are in the range. After watching the video, the employees were waaaaay too patient trying to de-escalate. Once he fired in the air and turned to walk in, he should’ve been dropped.

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
It looks like we have a few a$$holes in here with the "arming more people=less mass shootings" garbage.
The fact that some of the worst mass shootings in history have taken place in deep red areas
of Texas, Tenn, Kentucky, etc make that claim fukkin ridiculous. When there's a mass shooting, the
"good guys with guns" run for the exits just like everyone else does. :camby:

Where did these shootings occur?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Why are you making this a partisan issue?
because it is one. people are literally voting against their own self-interests, so much so that they are dying from it.

its a human rights issue. anywhere else, this shyt would be over after kids started dying. it isn't over because, by and large, one party is opposing any laws to curb this savagery. the other is too inept to force laws through

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Why isn't this being covered more? I won't say because ya know :mjpls:, or is it because there's nothing atypical about it? No children, no trans, nothing exciting - for lack of a better word.

Daps
Why are you making this a partisan issue?
:hhh: Because republicans are singlehandly preventing us from trying to solve the fukkung issue.

Gun control? They refuse.
Invest heavily in mental health? They refuse.

Republicans are 100% ok with mass shootings so the least they could do is be the victims.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
snippet:
Sturgeon was an all-round athlete, playing basketball, football and running track at school, according to an old classmate.

The classmate, who asked to remain anonymous, told The Daily Beast Sturgeon wore a helmet while playing due to multiple concussions he suffered while playing football.

A classmate said Sturgeon had so many concussions that he had to wear a helmet to play basketball.
A classmate said Sturgeon had so many concussions that he had to wear a helmet to play basketball.Courier Journal-USA TODAY NETWORK

“We played football together in eighth grade. He was out most of the year because he had multiple concussions,” he said. “Then he had a couple more in high school.”

multiple concussions in 8th grade?!! :why:

dude might have had CTE.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yep and people think you're being cold when you say this but ifI'm an illegal arms dealer I actually want bans because my bottom line gets a boost.

I'm the kind of person I want solutions but I want them to have a decent chance at success.

I never see any bills aimed directly at illegal arm dealers. You knock them out? Then institute bans? I can see maybe a 30% chance of success. That's being pretty loose.
Because the “legal” gun dealers and the “illegal” ones are one in the same.

An illegal gun is just a legal gun that crossed the wrong state line.

If gun manufacturer/sellers were really held accountable for where their guns ended up, the streets would be clear of “illegal” guns real quick.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
snippet:

multiple concussions in 8th grade?!! :why:

dude might have had CTE.
So what if he did? Penny of folks get concussed in high school and college sports but aren’t running around being a mass shooting asswipe. CTE is absolutely irrelevant