ACTIVE SHOOTER: Louisville, KY; UPDATE: 4 killed 8 hurt; Shooter dead; Governor lost 2 friends

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:ehh:

Most people with mental health issues are only a threat to themselves. We may be overusing the mental health angle

We aren't. I've studied it. U.S. is BY FAR the leader per capita when it comes to mental health illnesses. That's not the only factor but it's a factor.

Adonai

Pro
Daps
Alright even if we banned assault weapons how would that work out? Would the government go door-to-door knocking and just take them from people? Or would we just stop selling them?

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:

The whole point of a mass shooting is to kill lots of people, they don't have lots of people in a gun range at any given time like a school, or a concert.

Also, if there was a mass shooting on a military base, what makes you think there is anywhere off limits?

This isn't to downplay this in any way whatsoever....but mass shootings on military bases is an exception not a rule. I stand by my statement. Stack up mass shootings on bases next to the ones where folks absolutely will not be carrying or even close to having access to weapons and see how you look. My main point is the folks that do this are cowardly.

And even military bases have spots where folks won't have a weapon at the immediate ready. Bases aren't war zones. Ever been to one? As the shooter at Ft Hood was an army major he would have been well aware of how and where to pop off when he did.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
You can ban guns but people will just buy one illegally
Yep and people think you're being cold when you say this but ifI'm an illegal arms dealer I actually want bans because my bottom line gets a boost.

I'm the kind of person I want solutions but I want them to have a decent chance at success.

I never see any bills aimed directly at illegal arm dealers. You knock them out? Then institute bans? I can see maybe a 30% chance of success. That's being pretty loose.

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11

Gunman was going to be fired from bank, source says

The gunman was notified that he was going to be terminated from Old National Bank, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation.

Sturgeon wrote a note to his parents and a friend indicating that he was going to open fire in the bank, the source said.

It is not clear whether that note was on paper or emailed, or whether it was seen before the incident or after, according to the source.

The shooting was livestreamed on Instagram and has been taken down but not immediately after the shooting.

Police are in possession of the video, according to the source.

A LinkedIn page reflecting Sturgeon’s name sheds details on his employment history. He went to business school at the University of Alabama and worked at Old National Bank beginning in 2018 as an intern and later became a full-time employee.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
The bottom line to me is that the assault weapons ban ended in 2004, and for the
past 20 years we have been doin it the republican way. It's not fukkin working. We
should have the right to LIFE.
wym?
Coli liberal brehs love to tell me crime is lower now than what it was in the 80s/90s

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
It's not scared. Moreso the fact these crackaz keep dancing it around it.

It's the only answer at this point.

Other countries have shown that it can be done, but these goofy politicians are so bought and paid for by gun lobbyists that it's pathetic.
Were there as many guns in homes before that ban was implemented in other countries? It wouldn't be easy to ban guns in America because so many already have them. What do you think will happen if you tried to take them away?

Bgreat

All Star
Daps
Alright even if we banned assault weapons how would that work out? Would the government go door-to-door knocking and just take them from people? Or would we just stop selling them?
No one can answer that. There are more guns than people in America, they are not rounding up the ARs