ACTIVE SHOOTER: Louisville, KY; UPDATE: 4 killed 8 hurt; Shooter dead; Governor lost 2 friends

Genos

Superstar
Daps
This is the part where everyone dap fishes and emptily says ‘gun control’

Yes we 100% need gun control, but that isn’t how you solve large scale societal problems. To do that you look at ROOT CAUSES. And the root cause is mental health and something poisonous in this country, a societal decay.

Seeing people immediately jump to ‘gun control’ is cringeworthy. Shouldn’t your first thought be ‘damn, well why does someone even WANT to kill a room of strangers, or elementary school kids, etc’.

The fact no one even bothers to ask that anymore, and if you do you’re lazily branded as:mjpls: , shows exactly how fukked we are as a society
So do you think the USA citizens are the most evil out the 1st world natuons? Why does this kind of study only happen in places where guns are easily accessible?

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
You can ban guns but people will just buy one illegally
So why have any laws at all then?

Also, no one outside of a very small minority is calling for all guns to be banned. Just for their to be more restrictions and regulations in order to be able to get a gun.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching from afar, I'm getting quite numb to all these shootings.

There's gonna be thoughts and prayers then, in a week or two, its gonna be the same shyt all over again.
Not that it’s funny, but either you or another poster legit typed this verbatim the last mass shooting we had…. And yet…. Here we are again, and legit the same ‘thoughts and prayers” are being sent lol. Country is a mess

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This is the part where everyone dap fishes and emptily says ‘gun control’

Yes we 100% need gun control, but that isn’t how you solve large scale societal problems. To do that you look at ROOT CAUSES. And the root cause is mental health and something poisonous in this country, a societal decay.

Seeing people immediately jump to ‘gun control’ is cringeworthy. Shouldn’t your first thought be ‘damn, well why does someone even WANT to kill a room of strangers, or elementary school kids, etc’.

The fact no one even bothers to ask that anymore, and if you do you’re lazily branded as:mjpls: , shows exactly how fukked we are as a society
Here's the thing: This is also the part where people say "mental health" but won't talk about medicare for all, price limits on drugs to treat mental health disorders, increased funding for hospitals, increased funding for health centers where people can get access to family doctors, rehab and prescriptions under one roof, or any of the other actual solutions other countries have used and succeeded with.

Until this sort of thing keeps PERSONALLY affecting the people in charge, they won't care. It's only a matter of time until a house speaker, congressman, or president's child or spouse gets killed in one of these rampages. Until then, it's not real to them. They'll trot out platitudes and make speeches and talk about how they shouldn't politicise a tragedy to the point where 'thoughts and prayers' has become a meme.

Gun control is something more practical, has already happened before, and is something they're more likely to do than to reform the health care system to treat the mental health, drug, and overall health crises in this country. If you make weapons harder to get and more expensive, it reduces the risk of this kind of thing happening. If you won't do that, at least invest in the structures that will prevent someone from thinking "it's a good idea for me to kill other people because I'm pissed off"

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
This comment is the problem. I don’t even know what SSRI’s are. I had to Google it. When I do, my immediate instinct is ‘Yep, makes sense. I don’t trust ANY prescription drugs’.

Yet bc of our ridiculously politicized culture, that opinion is automatically owned by MAGA? Does that make any sense whatsoever?! So whole ass opinions/takes are automatically bucketed into 1 of 2 political groups. Insanity

Also lol @ believing any ‘data and research’ when big pharma is involved. Tf they gon say ‘yea this shyt gon make you crazy btw’
Youre making a lot of assumptions about me and my political ideas.

But you just said you had to google SSRIs. So that tells me theres a lot of context missing here about SSRIs and the weaponization of information the RW uses.

Let me break it down:

First off, i agree that Big RX shouldnt and cant be trusted. To say that all RX is off the table is a bit extreme but whatever. Do you.

The first issue I think youre missing here is:

Consider WHO is propagating THAT argument. Most people I see propagating that argument (like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Nut job Libertarians) are the same people who *never* admit guns and/or capitalism are the problem.

According to them, THE REAL CAUSE OF MASS SHOOTINGS has been everything from false flags to Manchurian candidates to SSRIs having the side effect of giving people homicidal idealation.

THiS IS A SHAKEY THEORY WHEN YOU CONSIDER THAT SSRIs have been in circulation since the late 80s and 90s...yknow..the decade marked by huge dips in violent crime toward the middle and later half. ALSO mass shootings were happening BEFORE SSRIs entered mass circulation so what about *THOSE* shooters? :jbhmm: Additionally not every mass shooter is on SSRIs! RWingers often time LIE about this. And conversely, 14% of the population is on SSRIs to treat a myriad of mental ailments....Its reasonable to assume that some people are going to have bad side effects and/or some people will halt their treatment completely during a mental episode which can have bad side effects. People are always going to have bad reacttions to RX whats more problematic is the ease of access to KILLING MACHINES.

Lastly, where does the theory of RX influenced shootings end and begin?
Meaning are shooters in Jacksonville spinning the block given the same benefit of a doubt and research into their medical history or are they just violent criminals:mjpls: ?

This is not solely directed at you @Braman . I dont think youre some RW nut job, just someone rightfully suspicious of Big Pharma.

But Ima be honest, I see too many Americans get caught up in smart dumb nikka shyt and wind up agreeing with some insane take. I dont doubt that SSRIs MAY have some sort of negative impact on people but HOLY shyt theres far bigger issues with regards to gun control, the economy, and how America leaves its citizens to rot which causes mental breaks.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
So if someone goes on a stabbing rampage, or runs people over with a truck, how are they going to be stopped?
This is such a disingenuous argument. It's a lot harder to kill random people within seconds with a knife. Which is why we don't have mass knifings on the same scale.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Here's the thing: This is also the part where people say "mental health" but won't talk about medicare for all, price limits on drugs to treat mental health disorders, increased funding for hospitals, increased funding for health centers where people can get access to family doctors, rehab and prescriptions under one roof, or any of the other actual solutions other countries have used and succeeded with.

Until this sort of thing keeps PERSONALLY affecting the people in charge, they won't care. It's only a matter of time until a house speaker, congressman, or president's child or spouse gets killed in one of these rampages. Until then, it's not real to them. They'll trot out platitudes and make speeches and talk about how they shouldn't politicise a tragedy to the point where 'thoughts and prayers' has become a meme.

Gun control is something more practical, has already happened before, and is something they're more likely to do than to reform the health care system to treat the mental health, drug, and overall health crises in this country. If you make weapons harder to get and more expensive, it reduces the risk of this kind of thing happening. If you won't do that, at least invest in the structures that will prevent someone from thinking "it's a good idea for me to kill other people because I'm pissed off"

Most of the mass shooters have came from middle class backgrounds and have access to things like health care and would be able to buy guns with tough laws.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
You thinks these sheltered suburban white kids know gun runners and shyt?
You think they don’t run with people that do? You think a cracker in Louisville, KY doesn’t have cousins down in the holler with arsenals? Cmon breh. Even the most milquetoast white dude here in KY got relatives from bumfukk nowhere that they go shooting with

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
You think they don’t run with people that do? You think a cracker in Louisville, KY doesn’t have cousins down in the holler with arsenals? Cmon breh. Even the most milquetoast white dude here in KY got relatives from bumfukk nowhere that they go shooting with
Then why don’t Canadians have the same level of gun violence.