ACTION AUGUST! The Coli's Top 10 Action Films ***FINAL LIST***

What genre should the next top 10 list be for September?

• High School/College/Frat

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Sports

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Comedy

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • War

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:ld:What was so bad about that tunnel scene? shyt was mad intense imo. That whole chase scene was epic. Joker standing in the middle of the street:banderas:

Joker-Yelling-Hit-Me-The-Dark-Knight.gif

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Bad editing apparently. .. always hated the commentary from the dude in the van. " I didn't sign up for this" cliche ass lines as nikka.

:yeshrug:The movie is so great though it's hard to pick at those types of things. Even the bank heist at the beginning has some bad acting by the joker robbers. It's a comic book movie though so I can let that cliche stuff slide.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
:yeshrug:The movie is so great though it's hard to pick at those types of things. Even the bank heist at the beginning has some bad acting by the joker robbers. It's a comic book movie though so I can let that cliche stuff slide.

I think they did a good job acting with still masks covering their entire face :ehh:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah its a comic book movie but nolan doesnt treat that series as a comic book...but It didn't ruin the scene but it didn't help it either. Its a good action scene though. Not anywhere near T2 chase scenes, cuz a real master of action nails it almost perfect.

T2 #1 and Die Hard #2...I can live with that..Aliens in top 5, . So yeah not bad.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Yeah its a comic book movie but nolan doesnt treat that series as a comic book...but It didn't ruin the scene but it didn't help it either. Its a good action scene though. Not anywhere near T2 chase scenes, cuz a real master of action nails it almost perfect.

T2 #1 and Die Hard #2...I can live with that..Aliens in top 5, . So yeah not bad.

Yea Nolan is no James Cameron when it comes to action scenes. Every movie in the top 5 are different types of action films imo so I couldn't compare one to the other. If you are looking for an all around great action movie with everything (car chases, shoot outs, scary scenes, robots from the future, etc etc.) T2 had everything. Probably why it's still #1 to this day on most peoples list. I bet if you took the Joker out of The Dark Knight, it would never have made the list. Same with if you took Bruce Willis out of Die Hard. They would just be good movies, nothing more.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yea Nolan is no James Cameron when it comes to action scenes. Every movie in the top 5 are different types of action films imo so I couldn't compare one to the other. If you are looking for an all around great action movie with everything (car chases, shoot outs, scary scenes, robots from the future, etc etc.) T2 had everything. Probably why it's still #1 to this day on most peoples list. I bet if you took the Joker out of The Dark Knight, it would never have made the list. Same with if you took Bruce Willis out of Die Hard. They would just be good movies, nothing more.
True.

Did Nolan ever say what part 3 would've been like if heath never died? Always wondered what the script would've entailed.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
True.

Did Nolan ever say what part 3 would've been like if heath never died? Always wondered what the script would've entailed.

I think Joker would have had a minor part, he would have been locked up in the mad house with Scarecrow. I'm kind of glad he isn't in part 3 though. Bane's story took up a lot of the movie and I don't see how Joker would have been useful to Bane's army. Also, it took place 8 years after part 2.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I think Joker would have had a minor part, he would have been locked up in the mad house with Scarecrow. I'm kind of glad he isn't in part 3 though. Bane's story took up a lot of the movie and I don't see how Joker would have been useful to Bane's army. Also, it took place 8 years after part 2.
I'm sure joker would've been the main villain again and the whole bane idea/ take over wouldn't have been the story. Imo no rhyme king.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I'm sure joker would've been the main villain again and the whole bane idea/ take over wouldn't have been the story. Imo no rhyme king.

I dunno breh. Joker absolutely killed dark knight. I doubt they would have made him the main villian twice after everything batman did to capture him. He basically had to go the illegal route and tap everyones phones to find where he was hiding out. Now that Joker is in jail part 3 would have had to have him break out and find a purpose to terrorize the city again. I think the Bane storyline was a better fit to end the trilogy cause literally everything was at stake. He had the city under siege. Joker wasn't half as evil as Bane was.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I don't think the story would've taken place 8 years after the Dark Knight if Heath lived. There'a a storyboard somewhere of Bane breaking into Arkham and letting out the prisoners but coming up to the Joker's cell, having a brief interaction with him and going :whoa: and not letting him out

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps

I don't think the story would've taken place 8 years after the Dark Knight if Heath lived. There'a a storyboard somewhere of Bane breaking into Arkham and letting out the prisoners but coming up to the Joker's cell, having a brief interaction with him and going :whoa: and not letting him out

From another thread:

He said in some interview The Joker would be in Arkham the entire movie on some Hannibal Lecter shyt and Batman would come for him for help against The Riddler

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It seemed like they were setting it up for a two face , joker part 3. Then introducing a new villain and maybe joker eacaping at the end to set up a fourth film.