ACTION AUGUST! The Coli's Top 10 Action Films ***FINAL LIST***

What genre should the next top 10 list be for September?

• High School/College/Frat

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Sports

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Comedy

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • War

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Overall the list is cool. I personally feel that Empire Strikes Back and Matrix or more Sci Fi movies than action flicks since they take place in the future and have more Sci Fi elements than the standard action movies. Same thing with Aliens and I love that movie.

T2 and Predator have Sci Fi elements, but the majority of those films take place on Earth in the present and the science fiction is more of a back drop for the story rather than being the primary focus of the story. nikkas ain't in the future or in space having battles and shyt.

TDK is a solid movie, but none of the action really blew me away to the point of it being an all time top 10 action flick. True Lies is better and deserved it's spot. It also had one of the best villain deaths of all time.

One thing I am proud about is the Raid series getting it's just due. Classic action movies right there. Same thing with Hard Boiled.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
1. The Matrix
2. Terminator 2
3. True Lies
4. Die Hard 3
5. Gladiator
6. Lethal Weapon
7. Robocop
8. Man on Fire
9. The Rock
10. Desperado

Was pretty difficult, I almost put the dark knight, Batman begins, ip man, road warrior, multiple Bruce Lee and 007 movies, several action comedies...tough list to create.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
1. The Matrix
2. Terminator 2
3. True Lies
4. Die Hard 3
5. Gladiator
6. Lethal Weapon
7. Robocop
8. Man on Fire
9. The Rock
10. Desperado

Was pretty difficult, I almost put the dark knight, Batman begins, ip man, road warrior, multiple Bruce Lee and 007 movies, several action comedies...tough list to create.

The voting is finished breh. Next top 10 is for Comedies in September. Feel free to discuss the final top 10 action list though.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Overall the list is cool. I personally feel that Empire Strikes Back and Matrix or more Sci Fi movies than action flicks since they take place in the future and have more Sci Fi elements than the standard action movies. Same thing with Aliens and I love that movie.

T2 and Predator have Sci Fi elements, but the majority of those films take place on Earth in the present and the science fiction is more of a back drop for the story rather than being the primary focus of the story. nikkas ain't in the future or in space having battles and shyt.

TDK is a solid movie, but none of the action really blew me away to the point of it being an all time top 10 action flick. True Lies is better and deserved it's spot. It also had one of the best villain deaths of all time.

One thing I am proud about is the Raid series getting it's just due. Classic action movies right there. Same thing with Hard Boiled.

Yea I wasn't trying to dictate to people on here what was action and wasn't, I figured the final list would weed out the non-action choices. I can't be mad at Star Wars and Matrix making the list though since they influenced the action genre a great deal. Darth Vader was one of the first great villains of all time and the Matrix influenced action movies of the 2000's in many ways. If we only were allowed to select movies with non sci fi/future/space elements the list would be pretty boring imo. We can always do a Top 10 sci fi list someday and I'm pretty sure people will be making arguments that so and so movies aren't true sci fi the same way action is being filtered into a certain type of film here. And I think The Raid movies are more martial arts than straight action films, so we can debate all day on what is what.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yea I wasn't trying to dictate to people on here what was action and wasn't, I figured the final list would weed out the non-action choices. I can't be mad at Star Wars and Matrix making the list though since they influenced the action genre a great deal. Darth Vader was one of the first great villains of all time and the Matrix influenced action movies of the 2000's in many ways. If we only were allowed to select movies with non sci fi/future/space elements the list would be pretty boring imo. We can always do a Top 10 sci fi list someday and I'm pretty sure people will be making arguments that so and so movies aren't true sci fi the same way action is being filtered into a certain type of film here. And I think of The Raid movies as more of a martial arts film than straight action, so we can debate all day on what is what.

I feel you, it's just that if a Sci Fi list was made The Matrix, Empire, Aliens, etc.. would prolly end up dominating that list too.

I also disagree with an action list being boring without adding those type of films since a lot of good movies that were left out of the top 10 due to those films ended up being in the top 20 anyways.

The Raid is martial arts heavy, but all of the gun battle sequences kinda give it that action movie feel, but yeah it's borderline though.

Overall not mad at the list though. It still got some legit great action films on it.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I also disagree with an action list being boring without adding those type of films since a lot of good movies that were left out of the top 10 due to those films ended up being in the top 20 anyways.

Well when I look at the 11-20 on the list it gives me a good idea of what movies would have made the top 10 if we took out the movies with sci fi elements. If you type in top sci fi movies all time in google, all the movies except E.T. are action, so even that list would be tricky. I know a lot of those sci fi films I would consider horror as well.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Well when I look at the 11-20 on the list it gives me a good idea of what movies would have made the top 10 if we took out the movies with sci fi elements. If you type in top sci fi movies all time in google, all the movies except E.T. up there are action, so even that list would be tricky. I know a lot of those sci fi films I would consider horror as well.

At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion and standards for what true Sci Fi is. .What it comes down to it for me is that a film is science fiction if it's general plot is heavily focused on the following....

1. Taking place in the future or outer space.
2. Multiple aliens
3. Time travel
4. Cloning.

With that said even with all of those elements the theme of a sci fi movie can still be action, horror, fantasy, or drama so it does cross lines when categorizing them.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion and standards for what true Sci Fi is. .What it comes down to it for me is that a film is science fiction if it's general plot is heavily focused on the following....

1. Taking place in the future or outer space.
2. Multiple aliens
3. Time travel
4. Cloning.

With that said even with all of those elements the theme of a sci fi movie can still be action, horror, fantasy, or drama so it does cross lines when categorizing them.

:ohlawd:I wouldn't wanna be the person doing Top 10 Sci Fi. I ain't no expert on that shyt.

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
On that note, here's what our Top 10 would be without any sci fi films in it....

1.TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY
2. DIE HARD
3. THE RAID 2
4. PREDATOR
5. THE RAID: REDEMPTION
6. HARD BOILED

7. FIRST BLOOD
8. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
9. TRUE LIES
10. THE TERMINATOR

:manny:
Pretty boring if you ask me.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
On that note, here's what our Top 10 would be without any sci fi films in it....

2. DIE HARD
3. THE RAID 2
4. PREDATOR
6. HARD BOILED

7. FIRST BLOOD
9. TRUE LIES
10. THE TERMINATOR

Might as well get rid of Terminator 2 and The Terminator, because they are sci-fi as fukk. Same with the Predator. lol. Hell, I consider all three of them Horror movies as well. lol

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

2. DIE HARD
3. THE RAID 2
4. PREDATOR
6. HARD BOILED

7. FIRST BLOOD
9. TRUE LIES
10. THE TERMINATOR

I don't know how that list is boring, but like I said before, everyone has their opinion. :manny:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Might as well get rid of Terminator 2 and The Terminator, because they are sci-fi as fukk. Same with the Predator. lol. Hell, I consider all three of them Horror movies as well. lol

post-24400-Seinfeld-thats-enough-gif-nHrW.gif

:salute:I think we did a great job on this list brehs. All those movies ARE action (check imdb/wiki/google/etc) and goat worthy. Start taking out movies and the list falls apart into some wack shyt.

Last edited: