ACTION AUGUST! The Coli's Top 10 Action Films ***FINAL LIST***

What genre should the next top 10 list be for September?

• High School/College/Frat

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Sports

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Comedy

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • War

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ehh: Not a bad list.

Star Wars and Batman (not because it's a comic film) are the only ones that are head-scratchers, imo.

I need that horror vote to happen.

Wait till October breh. Here's the schedule right now:

September-Comedy
October-Horror
November-Comic book films (I'm assuming)
December-Christmas
January-Oscar Winners (top 10 films to win best picture so you nikkas better do your homework)
February-Top 10 movie characters

I got ideas after that too but I want everyone else to contribute some ideas if they have them. But just know we'll be straight for a while..a long while. If @kp404 is cool with it, we may make the horror one top 15 or top 20, I feel like that one will get ugly

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Hmmm.

I dunno maybe its just me but I feel like action should have been more closely defined.

It just feels funny seeing a top ten action film list and it look like that.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:isthatall: what would you have preferred breh
An actual action film List.

I dont know when I think action film I dont think star wars.

Even though I did have sci fi on my list I think those should be saved for a sci fi top ten.

Because looking at the final list it looks like a random list of movies that contain action scenes Instead of an actual action film list.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
An actual action film.

I dont know when I think action film I dont think star wars.

Even though I did have sci fi on my list I think those should be saved for a sci fi top ten.

Because looking at the final list it looks like a random list of movies that contain action scenes Instead of an actual action film list.

Die Hard is action
The Raid 2 is action
Terminator 2 is action but I could see someone making an argument for it being sci fi
Predator is action
Hard Boiled is nothing but action
I could see someone making an argument that aliens and the matrix are Sci Fi but I believe they qualify as action. A lot of films cross genres.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Die Hard is action
The Raid 2 is action
Terminator 2 is action but I could see someone making an argument for it being sci fi
Predator is action
Hard Boiled is nothing but action
I could see someone making an argument that aliens and the matrix are Sci Fi but I believe they qualify as action. A lot of films cross genres.

Yeah theirs action films on the list for sure didnt mean to word my response as if their isnt. But those ones just make the other ones stick out even more.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Bank heist, murders with knifes and guns, multiple exploding cars and buildings (hospital, police station, warehouse), house invasion, bazooka, helicopter crash, semi truck flipping on to its back from the front, hand to hand combat, hostages, car chases, a dead man hanging by his neck from a skyscraper, kidnapping from a skycraper by an airborne plane.

Yeah The Dark Knight is definitely not an action movie.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm good with the list....I figured a lot of my choices wouldn't make the overall list,lol. You guys do realize that movies can be described as more than 1 style or genre Like Marty said. A movie like Midnight Run can be a comedy and a action movie. You don't think movies like Edge of Tomorrow or Oblivion are action movies as well as science fiction?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm good with the list....I figured a lot of my choices wouldn't make the overall list,lol. You guys do realize that movies can be described as more than 1 style or genre Like Marty said. A movie like Midnight Run can be a comedy and a action movie. You don't think movies like Edge of Tomorrow or Oblivion are action movies as well as science fiction?

Yup. Very rarely are films just one category

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
Wait till October breh. Here's the schedule right now:

September-Comedy
October-Horror
November-Comic book films (I'm assuming)
December-Christmas
January-Oscar Winners (top 10 films to win best picture so you nikkas better do your homework)
February-Top 10 movie characters

I got ideas after that too but I want everyone else to contribute some ideas if they have them. But just know we'll be straight for a while..a long while. If @kp404 is cool with it, we may make the horror one top 15 or top 20, I feel like that one will get ugly

How about Foreign or Crime? Top 10 actresses ? actors?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I think we might need too chill with the lists, 1 a month is max imo or else we could rename this is to The Coli Buzzfeed room