ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fair enough. I still think they was slipping in subliminals but thats just me since I tend to see things differently. Also I'm not American so if theres a large black number that feels like Bow I havent witnessed that. Most if not all black people I speak to in Canada feel exactly how Dre feels regarding police shooting black people in America. Bow making too many excuses imo. Murder is murder. Cops are murdering blacks. Point blank. That is an issue in itself. That was the only issue I was really concerned bout watching this episode. That Obama shyt was just cause of the elections this year imo. They were subliminally saying that Obama's mission for change and hope failed since they still fear the racist system. They dont even want him to nominate a new Supreme court judge. smh. Thats how I took it. Blackish has addressed racism in other episodes better than this though. It all just seemed forced with no actual message or moral. Unless the moral was give up hope. I'll watch it again though. fukk Chipotle too. We eat Burrito Boyz in Canada. pause.
I feel you. We just don't see it the same way but I get where you're coming from. Just can't get there with you

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Fair enough. I still think they was slipping in subliminals but thats just me since I tend to see things differently. Also I'm not American so if theres a large black number that feels like Bow I havent witnessed that. Most if not all black people I speak to in Canada feel exactly how Dre feels regarding police shooting black people in America. Bow making too many excuses imo. Murder is murder. Cops are murdering blacks. Point blank. That is an issue in itself. That was the only issue I was really concerned bout watching this episode. That Obama shyt was just cause of the elections this year imo. They were subliminally saying that Obama's mission for change and hope failed since they still fear the racist system. They dont even want him to nominate a new Supreme court judge. smh. Thats how I took it. Blackish has addressed racism in other episodes better than this though. It all just seemed forced with no actual message or moral. Unless the moral was give up hope. I'll watch it again though. fukk Chipotle too. We eat Burrito Boyz in Canada. pause.

I can't even front like I don't feel like Bow sometimes. I don't have kids, but I have a little cousin who's going into high school and is one of the only 4 or 5 black kids in the entire school. 10 years ago I was in his shoes and I remember all the slick racist shut the white boys would try to say to me to get a reaction etc. I remember thinking as a teen, that I can't do all the dumb shyt they would do after school cause I knew as the black kid, I'd get in worse trouble than they would.

But my cousin, doesn't seem to have those thoughts or concerns. I remember his pops getting upset that "he thinks it's all good with these white boys" and I remember asking him what if it is though? What if it's not like it was when I was in school. Isn't this what we want? I didn't want to "crush his reality" so to speak. I did take him aside and told him to always watch himself and taught him all the "the rules are different for us" talk etc.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
What's very interesting is how we teach kids that cops are the good guys .

No they're just guys. Some are good some are bad
Im from the projects
I aint met a good cop my whole life

When i was 11 this fakkit pig stole my Mets hat
Took the shyt right off my head in front of my friends
I told my son never trust these people
Largest gang in the world