Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Feeling the album despite the fact there are a few skippable tracks for me.

Ride slow is :ohlawd: I feel like right now Mac Miller can't go wrong on the beat tip, sets a dope soundscape.

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
XXL review was glowing as they had time to sit with the album, Complex shytted on it but only had a day to listen to it (who the fukk reviews an album after a day?).

I listened to this last night, it didn't hit me immediately like Control System and it definitely sounds like an album I'll have to listen to a few more times to really get the feel for. Seemed to drag a little in the middle but there's a lot of tracks I fukked with. Ordered the signed physical last night.

Signed physical :whoo:

Where you get that bruh?

EDIT: Found it :salute:

Last edited:

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like Ab-Soul just cheated me out

Like I got to listen to this nikka album AND this nikka EP

You ain't got to listen to shyt, breh. Its choices out here.

With that said, its not an EP, its a battle with Daylyt and a dope one at that.

"I hear they raising raisins down on grape street, crazy right? / thats what happens when you expose them grapes to too much day light" :wow:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
On everything this n***a got to be one of the wackest rappers I've ever heard

Son is straight trash :russ:

Glad ScHoolboy was able to save that 'Hunnid Stacks' song from recycle bin status :whew:.......only one I didn't delete :heh:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I fux with Ab-Soul, but this album literally pissed me off, like shyt got me angry :fire:.

No intellectual discourse, just nonsensical drug references, out dated production, lackluster features , offbeat Kendrick verse. I mean what the fukk!?!? :why:

then the few tracks that are decent have interludes or secondary tracks attached on the back end that completely ruin the vibe :mindblown:.

nikka who puts a fukkin 30 minute track on an album? :wtf: Where they do that at??

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yea the reviews are not lookin good plus im not a Soulo fan forreal so doesnt seem like this album will make me change that

so Ima skip on dis one

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its kinda sad that people aint feeling this. At the root its real hip hop; great beats combined with very good rhymes, punches and flow. nikkas will :bow: to Migos and tell me this album isnt hot as fukk? I cant believe it

Cosign breh. If twact was a YG song nikkas would be like "yo this shot knocks :gladbron:"

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
its kinda sad that people aint feeling this. At the root its real hip hop; great beats combined with very good rhymes, punches and flow. nikkas will :bow: to Migos and tell me this album isnt hot as fukk? I cant believe it

Exactly. This is a great thread to determine who's opinion on hiphop you should take seriously an whose you should ignore.

Anyone not fukking with this will likley share very little in common with me when it comes to good hiphop. Not surprisingly, most of them are Wayne, Migos, and Lil Durk fans..

BStapies

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its iight

nikkas gonna dicc ride it cuz its TDE but its just an iight album :manny:

Same with Oxymoron

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Exactly. This is a great thread to determine who's opinion on hiphop you should take seriously an whose you should ignore.

Anyone not fukking with this will likley share very little in common with me when it comes to good hiphop. Not surprisingly, most of them are Wayne, Migos, and Lil Durk fans..
or maybe ur just an ab sould dikkrider who cant notice the mediocrity in this tape :mjpls:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
There is something about Ab-soul that I can't really get into his music. He's really the only TDE rapper who's music I can't get into.