Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

notorious8562

Sine Metu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, that title track really isn't on this album?:what:

About to give this a listen. Ab-Soul is my favorite of TDE, but the mixed reviews have me concerned.

EDIT: Just got to "Just Have Fun". Glad they included that verse on the album.

Last edited:

Regista

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tree of life :lawd:

Just Have Fun :win:

Album sounding good so far. That Kendrick interlude was slightly disappointing though, why is Kendrick rapping off beat damn :dahell:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I've heard dude speak in interviews..lol at calling his music "intellectual" ..dude doesn't sound too smart..no abstract theories..no creative thinking..he's never said anything to blow my mind or think deep..it's an insult to us intellectuals in this world to call him that..

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
I'll keep it real, I wanted to like this album because I fukk with his content, but man, this shyt stinks. It's all over the place. There's no cohesion at all, which is weird, because that's something I've come to expect from TDE projects. Sounds like a bunch of tracks thrown together with no rhyme or reason.

There's only like 3 songs I'm feeling. Outside of Jay Rock and Bronson, even the features were wack. Ross and Lupe sounded uninspired and Kendrick was on some Rza shyt on the interlude, not even TRYING to rhyme on beat.