Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
just started this...this hook on the first joint is damn near unlistenable...shame since SZA is on one of my favorite hooks of the year (Ronnie Drake).

i'll keep chiming in. i have avg expectations on this. i was in the minority that didnt really fukk with Control System. I like the Long Term joints more.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I bet TDE wanted to do a "big" Ab-Soul album, like Schoolboy Q's. A lot of promotion. Big name features, big name producers. A concept.

But Ab-Soul was a little salty about getting the album out. Didn't want to wait like Q for a year or whatever. He felt like he had a project done and it was album worthy and let's put the shyt out. We all saw the Tweets - he was threatening to leak it himself.

That might explain why it is what is. We expected something on the scale of Q's, but it wasn't intended to be that. Maybe the next one will be bigger.

Pretty much..

These Days was pretty solid all the way through..IMO it was the strongest release this year from the TDE camp.

K. Dot's interlude was :whew::bryan::ohlawd:..and he was just warming up! :wow:

I gotta listen to it all the way through again..but on the first few listens the album was pretty damn solid :obama:.

b@squ1@t

I AM THE GOLDEN GOD
Daps
im 7 songs in and almost all this shyt is trash to me

weakest member of tde

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Listened to about half of it this morning. I liked it so far, not as much as Control System or Longterm Mentality but sounds dope to me. Give it a good go over the next few days

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
this first track is sick
2nd track fuego

i cant see how this doesnt end up being a great our...yall really dissin?

Last edited:

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm liking that thecoli is splittin down the lines on this, pretty much either fukin with the ross and twact type tracks or fukkin with the God's Reign and Tree of Life type tracks. :obama:

Shows that Ab got appeal on both ends of the spectrum which I think is what he was going for on this album. He showed versatility and that he can appeal to different types of hip-hop fans.

:salute: