• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
No. But I expected more than this.

giphy.gif

4J8Qb1.gif

I have not seen anyone here hate on Aaliyah. What I have seen is people being objective. Beyonce gets more vitriol than she does. And LOL at clouded judgements. That has been the summation of all your post. I at least gave you my logic on why I favor Beyonce over Aaliyah. You haven't given any logic or forms of measurement that we can make predictions off of.

Latinos are not as talented as blacks. So comparing us to them is just as queer as someone comparing Aaliyah to Beyonce. We can critique our artist with a finer brush because we have higher talent and higher standards.

Exactly.

You haven't seen anyone in here hate on Aaliyah? Dude on page 2 referred to her as a "12 year old boy bodied hoe." Wtf do you mean?

You're implying that Aaliyah would be Ciara status at this point...and I'm telling you that is NOT likely because she had already had several MAJOR projects lined up. These aren't predictions. Baby girl was BOOKED and BUSY. That's a fact. Everything else you're saying is neither here nor there because you're ignoring the direction her career was going at the time of her death. You're completely disregarding the multiple projects she had signed on to do.

And furthermore, I don't understand why nikkas are so critical of Aaliyah. It be ya own people...that's my point. Critique her based on FACTS. All that other shyt y'all talking is not what critique is.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Aaliyah would've been an A list actress by now.

I don't think so. Gabrielle Union was a Hollywood "it" girl at about the same time Aaliyah was in her prime, has better acting talent, and look where she's at now. If anything, I would've thought Gabrielle Union would be A list by now.

tater

Superstar
Daps
Beyonce is a better singer, dancer, and artist. In terms of raw talent she wins. However, I'm still listening to Aliyah's music and I haven't willingly listened to more than 5 Beyonce songs in a >10 year period. Beyonce is a robot and she seems to have no personality. She's boring and there is nothing interesting about her. While this should mean nothing in terms of artistry, it does. I would rather hang out with Aaliyah than Beyonce any day of the week. But Beyonce essentially had a Michael Jackson upbringing minus the abuse, constantly in entertainment so I can't blame her. I do respect her though.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't think so. Gabrielle Union was a Hollywood "it" girl at about the same time Aaliyah was in her prime, has better acting talent, and look where she's at now. If anything, I would've thought Gabrielle Union would be A list by now.
Gabrielle Union was never the hollywood it girl.:mjlol: Her most well known role is still bring it on.
and acting talent had nothing do with it Aaliyah was beautiful and people were throwing roles at her. Same way they did with Halle Berry.
She wasn't just on the verge of breaking out, she did. Romeo must die was a hit and came out at the height of Jet Li's popularity. They would've made it into a trilogy. to try to cash in on the popularity of films like Rush Hour. Queen of the Damned, showed that hollywood was already ready to cast her in lead roles in movies meant to crossover (white people). Gabby has never been the lead or co lead on a major crossover film.

Olmec

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Hidden Temple
People in here hating on Aaliyah's natural beauty and talent :hhh:.

Must like them build-a-hoes with them fake bodies. Baby girl was doing her thing without being a hoe and had talent without being extra.

She accomplished all that by 22 and without a group, but people still throw salt :stopitslime:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
That's not a fair comparison due to Aaliyah's life being cut short. She was only 22 when she passed and accomplished so much in that little time. No telling where she would be now.:yeshrug:
exactly
that's like Beyonce dying after her solo debut came out

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Aaliyah occupied a whole other subset of R&B that is more experimental and alternative. I would group her more with acts like FKA Twigs or even a Kelis. Beyoncé is in a whole different realm and is more or less the successor of Tina Turner and other great performing female acts of the past.

:GloveTF:

I'm going to need you to shut all the way the fukk up on this subject off the strength of your own retardation. :CleanDaHell:

You can claim to not be a Bey stan but no normal music head, even a casual listener would say something this got damn egregious. :HybridDH:

invalid

Banned
Daps
:GloveTF:

I'm going to need you to shut all the way the fukk up on this subject off the strength of your own retardation. :CleanDaHell:

You can claim to not be a Bey stan but no normal music head, even a casual listener would say something this got damn egregious. :HybridDH:

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

Do y’all nikkas live on planet Earth?

“The heir to Turner’s throne has long been Beyoncé, who paid homage to her foremother back in 2005 at the annual Kennedy Center Honors: “Every now and then, when I think of inspiration, I think of the two Tinas in my life – that’s my mother, Tina, and of course, the amazing Tina Turner …”

Tina Turner: the making of a rock'n'roll revolutionary

“Songs like “Respect,” “Chain of Fools” and “Think” became anthems for the civil rights and women’s liberation movements, though Franklin downplays her influence on the latter: “I think that’s Gloria Steinem’s role. I don’t think I was a catalyst for the women’s movement. Sorry. But if I were? So much the better!” Today, she praises Beyoncé for carrying the torch for feminism in pop. “Astrologically, for what it’s worth, she’s a Virgo, like Michael Jackson,” Franklin says. “A very hard worker.”

Aretha Franklin on Feminism, Beyonce and Who Should Star in Her Biopic – Rolling Stone

As “SNL” suggests, Beyoncé has become something more than just a superstar. She is a kind of national figurehead, an Entertainer in Chief; she is Americana. Historically speaking, this is no small achievement. Black women have always been dominant figures in American popular music, but no one, not even Aretha Franklin, has reached the plateau that Beyoncé occupies: pop star colossus, adored bombshell, “America’s sweetheart.”

Beyoncé: The Woman on Top of the World

This is my last post in this thread. Then y’all can can go back to talking about how crazy I am cause y’all legit got me out here looking crazy.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Beyoncé had the better vocals and stage performance, Aaliyah made better music, more “relatable” , had that Naturka Swag/Aura and a better actress.. and in a short amount of time I much play Aaliyah than any of Beyoncé’s solo work..