Aaliyah vs. Beyonce

Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: People love saying this, but what’s so special about her performances?

What chick from the hood can’t do this?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She's pulled off enough longer and larger than life live sets to be up there with the GOATS imo.

invalid

Banned
Daps
How would she be Ciara status when her in house producer grew to be the hottest nikka in the game? Timbaland didn’t even reach his commercial his peak until like 2006-2007. And besides, Aaliyah was signing with the Roc right before she died. She would have had prime Kanye joints as well.

Some of y’all nikkas on this site just say anything, I’m convinced. Aaliyah was already booked up until like 2008. She wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

What does all this have to do with 2019? I didn’t say she wouldn’t have saw more success if she wouldn’t have died. That was someone else. I’m sure she would have packed in more hits up until the 2010s. In 2019 though, everyone that she had collaborated with has been pretty much done. That’s what I meant when I said she would have gone the way of Ciara. And, if she would have married Dame, I’m not sure that would have yielded anything positive career wise.

Timbalands sound is dated as is Swizz Beatz. Hell, Wayne came out with Uproar in 2018 and I thought I was listening to Swizz Beatz tune from 2008.

Plus, I don’t see Beyoncé and Aaliyah occupying the same lane. As I said in my original post, it’s really hard to speculate on trajectories after someone has died.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Why do people say this when Aaliyah was clearly on her way to bring a huge movie star?

:comeon:

On her way? Her acting in Queen of the Damned was horrible. And I don’t remember much of her acting in Romeo Must Die for it to have been impressionable.

Granted Beyoncé’s acting isn’t much better and she has been featured in a whole host of movies, but I wouldn’t categorize her being featured as being a huge movie star.

When it comes down to it, as I said, not the biggest fan of either, so I’m not going to debate with folks who are, y’all would know more than me in this regard.

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps

On her way? Her acting in Queen of the Damned was horrible. And I don’t remember much of her acting in Romeo Must Die for it to have been impressionable.

Granted Beyoncé’s acting isn’t much better and she has been featured in a whole host of movies, but I wouldn’t categorize her being featured as being a huge movie star.

When it comes down to it, as I said, not the biggest fan of either, so I’m not going to debate with folks who are, y’all would know more than me in this regard.

Yes, she was on her way.

She had The Matrix sequels, Sparkle, Honey, and she did a reading for A Star Is Born.

Pimpdaddy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GMB
I'd let Beyonce breath directly in my nose for 5hrs straight after she woke up with morning breath and her usual bad breath

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
What does all this have to do with 2019? I didn’t say she wouldn’t have saw more success if she wouldn’t have died. That was someone else. I’m sure she would have packed in more hits up until the 2010s. In 2019 though, everyone that she had collaborated with has been pretty much done. That’s what I meant when I said she would have gone the way of Ciara. And, if she would have married Dame, I’m not sure that would have yielded anything positive career wise.

Timbalands sound is dated as is Swizz Beatz. Hell, Wayne came out with Uproar in 2018 and I thought I was listening to Swizz Beatz tune from 2008.

Plus, I don’t see Beyoncé and Aaliyah occupying the same lane. As I said in my original post, it’s really hard to speculate on trajectories after someone has died.

The only part of this post that’s accurate is the last part. Well, maybe not. They could have occupied the same lane. I don’t know why you nikkas act like there can only be room for one massive star at a time.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If you didn't like her acting that's fine but being in those Matrix sequels would have put her on a new level.