Aaliyah vs. Beyonce

Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Seven One Eight
beyonce was destined to be the commercial juggernaut but had aaliyah lived, i believe she would've far outstripped bey in regards to critical acclaim and respect from real musicians. she had good taste and her music was always slightly off in an interesting way.

even if you remove the tim & missy factor, i just feel like she would've done way cooler shyt :manny:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Not a fan of either, I usually stay away from pop RnB. But

Aaliyah would be monica or brandy status right now.

I won’t disrespect the dead, but she wasn’t touching Beyonce in any sense. Beyonce is a better singer, better dancer, better stage presence, she destroys Aaliyah in everything music.

Looks, its all on what you prefer. I don’t like girls shaped like mary kate and ashley olsen.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Not a fan of either but objectively Beyoncé has the better vocals although I have viewed both of their singing abilities to be without much range, monotone, or even bland, compared against, let’s say an Amel Larrieux.

Beyoncé is also the better looking and performance is probably better suited for today. Aaliyah was closely affiliated with the Timbaland sound which has become dated much like Swiss Beats. Also, her type of dancing no one really does anymore. I’m afraid, if she would have lived, she would have gone the way of Ciara. Of course, there’s also the possibility that she would have reinvented herself so it’s hard to speculate.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Not a fan of either but objectively Beyoncé has the better vocals although I have viewed both of their singing abilities to be without much range, monotone, or even bland, compared against, let’s say an Amel Larrieux.

Beyoncé is also the better looking and performance is probably better suited for today. Aaliyah was closely affiliated with the Timbaland sound which has become dated much like Swiss Beats. Also, her type of dancing no one really does anymore. I’m afraid, if she would have lived, she would have gone the way of Ciara. Of course, there’s also the possibility that she would have reinvented herself so it’s hard to speculate.
Which male and female singers past and present have great range and dont sing in a monotone voice?

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps

How would she be Ciara status when her in house producer grew to be the hottest nikka in the game? Timbaland didn’t even reach his commercial his peak until like 2006-2007. And besides, Aaliyah was signing with the Roc right before she died. She would have had prime Kanye joints as well.

Some of y’all nikkas on this site just say anything, I’m convinced. Aaliyah was already booked up until like 2008. She wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Why do people say this when Aaliyah was clearly on her way to bring a huge movie star?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Aaliyah for songs, 'yonce for performances

:patrice: People love saying this, but what’s so special about her performances?

What chick from the hood can’t do this?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif