RealAcademicEmu-size_restricted.gif
:ohhh::wow:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Got to leave it to Disney to “diversify” the film without pissing people off. Of course the colored girl has to have a white father to chase, not a black man. I really thought when i saw dude from Selma being casted, I thought he would be the father...but nah can’t have a bm being the central god-like figure in the movie poster. So let’s cast Steve Rogers instead :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Got to leave it to Disney to “diversify” the film without pissing people off. Of course the colored girl has to have a white father to chase, not a black man. I really thought when i saw dude from Selma being casted, I thought he would be the father...but nah can’t have a bm being the central god-like figure in the movie poster. So let’s cast Steve Rogers instead :mjlol:
I think you mean Steve Trevor. lol

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
would have thought this would have a young Black actor in a lead or co lead role also. it doesn't, can't fukk with it :hubie:

I feel you but the movie is based off a book where the lead character is white.

They spun that it to the main character being half black and also gave the control a to a black woman as director.

I think we should be supporting this movie.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I feel you but the movie is based off a book where the lead character is white.

They spun that it to the main character being half black and also gave the control a to a black woman as director.

I think we should be supporting this movie.
naw, they could have done more. not for me. every tv show/movie with a Black woman at the helm seems to involve some sort of Black female/white male dynamic. eliminating Black males from any importance. I'm not with it.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
If the review embargo isn't up until day before release then :francis: yeah, not looking too good.

Ava got brought into Marvel for BP and CM. Turned down both for this. I get that this was maybe something she was passionate about but I really didn't want her 1st major film to potentially flop.

I can't believe Ryan Coogler only got the job because she said no. Wow.

Really glad she said no then.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
The original books are very, very white. Lots of interesting questions raised, but the family is still wonderbread white.

I liked the one where Meg travelled back and forth in time with all the ancestors of a Latin American dictator named Murdoc -- going back to prehistory -- in order to stop a nuclear war. It was still very, very white, but again raised some interesting questions.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
never read the books...the original trailer had me a bit hyped...but peeped an extended trailer/sneak peek @ Disneyland last week...and seems kinda :ld: I think the extended shyt I saw revealed too much and made me feel like the flick would turn into a cliche fantasy/adventure film...will probably still watch, but not immediately.