Daps
Killmonger would've been a tragic mulatto :loldenzel2:
Her Killmonger?

b1a94de13d1742340bb7a582f9dd1020.jpg

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Ava you gonna have to take that L.

Turn down black panther for a flop in time, brehettes.

Black Panther would've been a heavier flop in every sense of the word if she took it.

From what I'm in the thread she probably wouldn't have made the villain about Kilmonger. I almost guarantee that if she took the helm she would've made the villain Madam Slay to represent black female empowerment or White Wolf and have him be a tragic white villain that we're supposed to feel sorry for lol

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

And either Nakia or Shuri would've been bedwenching.

Wakanda would've definitely be a "mixed" culture.

Now that I think of it..... I think she turned down the movie because it was TOO black. She probably didn't have faith in the story or the direction and decided to pass on it.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Her Killmonger?

b1a94de13d1742340bb7a582f9dd1020.jpg

Black Panther would've been a heavier flop in every sense of the word if she took it.

From what I'm in the thread she probably wouldn't have made the villain about Kilmonger. I almost guarantee that if she took the helm she would've made the villain Madam Slay to represent black female empowerment or White Wolf and have him be a tragic white villain that we're supposed to feel sorry for lol

And either Nakia or Shuri would've been bedwenching.

Wakanda would've definitely be a "mixed" culture.

Now that I think of it..... I think she turned down the movie because it was TOO black. She probably didn't have faith in the story or the direction and decided to pass on it.

Lol y’all need to chill. Regardless of this movie looking like trash Ava still made the 13th. Anyone capable of making a movie like that is clearly not on some c00n shyt.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:picard:

I know I shouldn’t but

Lol y’all need to chill. Regardless of this movie looking like trash Ava still made the 13th. Anyone capable of making a movie like that is clearly not on some c00n shyt.
Black Twitter got her back tho :myman:

Now the next time you got a 100 million dollar movie cast some black people in the roles :ufdup:

And don't try to make movies no one wants to make just cause :ld:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I’m just fukking around with my post. I don’t actually believe she is on the bullshyt. But she did fukk up, with casting, but even more than that, by accepting a project like this that she didn’t at least co-write. She left the whole story in the hands of the Frozen screenwriter (Disney probably forced that on as a condition) and the script seems to be one of the biggest issues based on reviews.

You have to be an amazing director to overcome a bad script, and she isn’t that yet.

Ava swung and missed so she has to take these jokes on the chin and move on to the next one without copping pleas and crying. She still has my support though. I’m taking my nieces to see this on Saturday.

We saw black Panther twice though and will probably see it a third time:ufdup:

Last edited:

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
So I saw the movie with my little sis brehs. ....

It was meh.

The only good things I can say about this movie were the visuals and Storm Reid.

Other than that, the story was convoluted as fukk and none of these characters acted like human beings. In fact, most of their actions were stupid. That whole movie would have ended sooner if they used common sense.

The acting of the children were bad too at some points. Oprah was ight, yet her presence took me out of the movie. Reese Witherspoon turned into a kale leaf as well, abd that had me like :ohhh:. I aint got nothin to say about Mindy Kaling, she seemed out of her league here.

Overall, I'll say Ava gave her best but she couldn't save the film. I think she works best with real stories and should build on that. My little sis was entertained too so that was nice.

I give it a 4.5/10
:ehh::yeshrug:

Last edited: