"A Wrinkle in TIme" directed by Ava DuVernay

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
And either Nakia or Shuri would've been bedwenching.

Wakanda would've definitely be a "mixed" culture.

Now that I think of it..... I think she turned down the movie because it was TOO black. She probably didn't have faith in the story or the direction and decided to pass on it.

BP is as black as it gets. According to her it wasn't a match to her vision of it.

She definitely would have wenched it up.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Trailer was utter garbage to me...:ld: I saw it and STILL didn't understand what the fukk the story was about...:mjlol:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'm just glad she didn't do black panther. Turning down an important marvel movie shows a lack of good judgement.

I dont know about that, at the time it felt like she turned it down because the studio also wanted to kind of restrict

They also learned a little bit and gave Coogler some freedom, though tbh Black Panther does have all constructs of a regular Marvel film too

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I have a new found respect for Ava after watching this interview. And I'm willing to admit it put my foot in my mouth in this thread.

If you don't want to watch.

1. She says the movie was marketed towards kids and families with kids. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. She said she turned down black panther because she felt it should be directed by a black man. She wanted to do a movie about a black woman. Which is true.

3. She made the father white because she didn't want to have another movie portrayal of an absentee black father. So she made him white.

I will never see this movie because it wasn't made for me.

I would also date her as well :manny:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I have a new found respect for Ava after watching this interview. And I'm willing to admit it put my foot in my mouth in this thread.

1. She says the movie was marketed towards kids and families with kids. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. She said she turned down black panther because she felt it should be directed by a black man. She wanted to do a movie about a black woman. Which is true.

3. She made the father white because she didn't want to have another movie portrayal of an absentee black father. So she made him white.

That actually is a very good explanation, i might go see it now.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I ain’t never thought Ava was on some fukk shyt like some of y’all was posting.

I just wished she had picked a different project besides this. :manny:

Y’all was going overboard with the wench shyt:mjlol:

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

But in the trailer it seems like the dad is lost not that he left :francis:. Haven’t seen it so idk

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Aren't all the characters in the book white? WTF:dahell::mjlol::skip:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps

to those that have read the books or seen the movie, was the fathers absence due to him abandoning his family or some other shyt?

EDIT: reading the wiki entry on the book, the father disappearance has nothing to do with "absentee father" bullshyt. its a plot of the story. and the daughter has to rescue him. :camby: fukk outta here

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
This is a movie for little girls based on a book for little girls...right?