"A Wrinkle in TIme" directed by Ava DuVernay

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I feel bad for her

Disney set her up too fail....Oprah did too with her Puff Daddy all up in the movie head ass

Disney: Hey do you want to make this 100 million dollar movie? Its based on a popular book. A Wrinkle in Time:smugdraper:

Ava: I never heard or read this book and google search says its UN FILMABLE :patrice:

Disney: Well its got a little girl as the lead and she saves the world. :manny:

Ava: Can she be black? :lupe:

Disney: Lets call it 50/50 and make her bi racial :youngsabo:

Ava:: Deal! :krs:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Apparently Tomb Raider might be decent so this is going to get buried even worse. Add to that pacific rim and ready player one it might not even hit $100 million domestic.

Potentially a mini Tomorrowland situation for Disney unless it does amazing internationally which I don’t think will happen unfortunately.

Makes you think how Black Panther had a perfect storm and wrinkle in time ended up like this.

That shyt looks even worse

I feel bad for her

Disney set her up too fail....Oprah did too with her Puff Daddy all up in the movie head ass

:rudy:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Disney: Hey do you want to make this 100 million dollar movie? Its based on a popular book. A Wrinkle in Time:smugdraper:

Ava: I never heard or read this book and google search says its UN FILMABLE :patrice:

Disney: Well its got a little girl as the lead and she saves the world. :manny:

Ava: Can she be black? :lupe:

Disney: Lets call it 50/50 and make her bi racial :youngsabo:

Ava:: Deal! :krs:
:russ:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Nice try, But you're not going to guilt us into supporting the swirl movement:umad:

I ain't guilting anyone into shyt. I could care less. But people "claim" they want different but won't support different unless it's poppin. I'm going to see it just because it's my type of movie. Even though I never made it through the book. Damn sure wasn't picking up the sequels.

As for the biracial Meg. She's white in the book. Like 100% white, nothing ambiguous about it. And only geeky girls that are now adults, were fans of the book...a very complicated book to translate into a visual medium. Even if the character wasn't "biracial" in the book, the BP crowd, would not go see it. How many of y'all supported Annie? Because they are also stating that they won't support a black director doing a blockbuster movie with a non-all-black cast. Things that make me go hmm?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I ain't guilting anyone into shyt. I could care less. But people "claim" they want different but won't support different unless it's poppin. I'm going to see it just because it's my type of movie. Even though I never made it through the book. Damn sure wasn't picking up the sequels.

As for the biracial Meg. She's white in the book. Like 100% white, nothing ambiguous about it. And only geeky girls that are now adults, were fans of the book...a very complicated book to translate into a visual medium. Even if the character wasn't "biracial" in the book, the BP crowd, would not go see it. How many of y'all supported Annie? Because they are also stating that they won't support a black director doing a blockbuster movie with a non-all-black cast. Things that make me go hmm?
Just like we won’t support Ben Carson with his anti discrimination erasing ass just because he’s black. You think black people are mindless sheep that you fool with a negro costume into supporting causes that hurt us? This type of movie sends a message we aren’t feeling. Your undercover ass is the only one caping. That makes me say hmmmmm. Cac?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
A few months back I said that this would probably flop but hoped it wouldn't. Disney films not attached to Lucasfilm, Pixar or Marvel have been flopping for years, it's not Ava's fault look at John Carter and Tomorrowland.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
They cast a Filipino actor as an adopted brother :patrice:

Not knocking Filipino brehs. Dude is probably great in the role.
Just wondering why Ava avoided the chance to give her a black brother.

Also why must the lead be biracial and not a likttle black girl

Ava did some questionable casting choices with this which leaves me :mindblown: with all these nerds saying this is just as important as BP for black films