"A Wrinkle in TIme" directed by Ava DuVernay

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Disney: Hey do you want to make this 100 million dollar movie? Its based on a popular book. A Wrinkle in Time:smugdraper:

Ava: I never heard or read this book and google search says its UN FILMABLE :patrice:

Disney: Well its got a little girl as the lead and she saves the world. :manny:

Ava: Can she be black? :lupe:

Disney: Lets call it 50/50 and make her bi racial :youngsabo:

Ava:: Deal! :krs:
:mjlol::russ:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I wonder how much flack Jennifer Lee is going to get or if this will affect her career. She wrote the film and so far I'm seeing just as much, if not more, criticism for the script as I am seeing for the direction.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Also why must the lead be biracial and not a likttle black girl

Ava did some questionable casting choices with this which leaves me :mindblown: with all these nerds saying this is just as important as BP for black films

It would have been nice to see black boys asking a black girl what to do Ava :francis:

I mean her choices for her movie is ok....it just doesn't match up with people trying to lump this in with Black Panther.

I appreciate her support of the film tho.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

It would have been nice to see black boys asking a black girl what to do Ava :francis:

I mean her choices for her movie is ok....it just doesn't match up with people trying to lump this in with Black Panther.

I appreciate her support of the film tho.

Sound very bedwench'ish for my taste. We will get the message if its quality

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Also why must the lead be biracial and not a likttle black girl

Ava did some questionable casting choices with this which leaves me :mindblown: with all these nerds saying this is just as important as BP for black films
The lil girl is actually black. The character she's playing is bi-racial tho lol

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I get she is passionate about it but the quote from that tweet is :francis: status.

Could have did another indie, a Disney fairytale or Rocketeer. Nope had to pick this shyt. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Disney: Hey do you want to make this 100 million dollar movie? Its based on a popular book. A Wrinkle in Time:smugdraper:

Ava: I never heard or read this book and google search says its UN FILMABLE :patrice:

Disney: Well its got a little girl as the lead and she saves the world. :manny:

Ava: Can she be black? :lupe:

Disney: Lets call it 50/50 and make her bi racial :youngsabo:

Ava:: Deal! :krs:

I know I shouldn’t but