A win for flabby set: Old music represent 70% of U.S music market

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
In my post where I said nikkas was bragging about making beats in 15 minutes, I was 100% talking EXACTLY about Swizz Beatz. 95% of his beats were trash and sounded like they were made in 15 minutes...yet he kept getting placements on top tier projects for about 15 years. This is not to say he doesn't have SOME bangers, but most of his shyt was default keyboard presets, he didn't even tweak the sound. I'd say his production alone is 10% of the reason that rap music sounds like garbage now.
  • Swizz Beatz, beats
  • Autotune
  • Home recording/Fruity Loops
  • Mixtapes, being able to rap over someone else's exact beat and resell it (freestyling is entirely different)
  • Drug/deviant/savage culture becoming mainstream

1000% repped

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
the other aspect of this is the fact that Nostalgia sells...for better or for worse

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
What's crazy, the year of the Lox Verzuz, that was the BIGGEST Rap moment of the year.

These young nikkas never making moments, just posting like fashion bytches on IG.

What was the last great battle versus two 20 year olds? We just hope these lil nikkas don't kill each other.

:wow:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
These kids received almost 10 million views for reacting to Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" - a 41 year-old pop tune.

My 18-25 age family members watch all of their uploads and then stream the old songs that they review.

Song is a late night on 85 classic:wow: Man I don’t work the late shift no more but I’d crank this up at night heading home when I was upset.. I’d be hyped once I got to the crib. This video made me check them out. They remind me of family.. You know when you put your little cousins or friends kids on some old shyt. I agree with you 100%

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People become nostalgic during hard times. These are easily the hardest times for millions of people worldwide. For Gen Z, it’s so bad they are nostalgic for time periods they weren’t even alive to experience a la the 80’s and the 90’s. :ohhh:Can you blame them? Many of them graduated in 2020. Couldn’t even go to prom because of lockdown, couldn’t have a real college experience because learning is all virtual, the younger Gen Z even got it worst because they can’t even have a normal adolescence because you have to be wrapped in bubble wrap and injected with a new mystery vax every week just to go outside. Also, even Gen Z knows deep down times were better before social media and smartphones/devices even though they were basically raised by these things.:mjtf:

The nostalgia isn’t just for music. People wearing old clothes too. You go to the thrift stores nowadays and that shyt is packed with younger folks wearing old ass concert t shirts and releases of basic 80’s shoes (Dunks and Jordan 1’s).

And the new music simply don’t match the times. Nobody in the mainstream making any real social commentary. When times were hard in the 90’s, all of that gaudy 80’s excess died down real quick. Now, it’s the same old tired trap music making you feel bad for not being a fake ass rap millionaire. Or drill music dissing dead folks that all sounds the same still riding the same tired ass beats. No creativity, no soul. Not to mention genres like R&B, Rock and Pop music that was actually good been dead for decades at this point. :unimpressed:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
I’m a old head but i just can’t listen to old shyt 24/7, I need new music to listen to

thankfully it’s some rappers out here that still make the type of music that I like :whew:

Same here.

There’s so much dope shyt getting made right now it’s ridiculous.

These the last 3 songs Tidal just played for me..

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
People become nostalgic during hard times. These are easily the hardest times for millions of people worldwide. For Gen Z, it’s so bad they are nostalgic for time periods they weren’t even alive to experience a la the 80’s and the 90’s. :ohhh:Can you blame them? Many of them graduated in 2020. Couldn’t even go to prom because of lockdown, couldn’t have a real college experience because learning is all virtual, the younger Gen Z even got it worst because they can’t even have a normal adolescence because you have to be wrapped in bubble wrap and injected with a new mystery vax every week just to go outside. Also, even Gen Z knows deep down times were better before social media and smartphones/devices even though they were basically raised by these things.:mjtf:

The nostalgia isn’t just for music. People wearing old clothes too. You go to the thrift stores nowadays and that shyt is packed with younger folks wearing old ass concert t shirts and releases of basic 80’s shoes (Dunks and Jordan 1’s).

And the new music simply don’t match the times. Nobody in the mainstream making any real social commentary. When times were hard in the 90’s, all of that gaudy 80’s excess died down real quick. Now, it’s the same old tired trap music making you feel bad for not being a fake ass rap millionaire. Or drill music dissing dead folks that all sounds the same still riding the same tired ass beats. No creativity, no soul. Not to mention genres like R&B, Rock and Pop music that was actually good been dead for decades at this point. :unimpressed:

Exemplary commentary. This is why I heart the fellas here.

Astoundingly well said. You could literally compose a master's thesis on this topic alone and present it at the grand coliseum and bet it would generate massive praise (because anyone that's human can identify with it; it's that profound. WOW).. This is a crowning achievement if i've ever come across one.

If you ever come to seattle, DM me (first two rounds on ya boy... all day).

But as for flabby and swaggy set.

This is why you got rappers in they 40's still topping the charts :ohlawd: (it wasn't like this when I was in high school or even the 00's). Digressingly, I wear a lot of obscure rock band tee's and character's from yesteryear (even if i was never a fan, especially the bands, haha). Got an R Kelly and Alf shirt on the way. lol.

In essence, one understands that things are cyclical... but this is our time to shine.

Geriatric sqad up!

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I’m late as fukk to this thread but are we really surprised? Man I work with mad young people and they stay singing old songs. I’m not saying they don’t know the more current stuff, but they definitely be singing old stuff. I work with a 26 year old that was excited to go see Billy Joel when he was on tour. She knows all his music. This is one of the most non surprising stories ever
I mentored a STEM program at a local high school and most of the kids would quote Billy Joel songs during sessions and play his songs during breaks:gucci:
I was like how you find out about him:dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ironically, most people I see that are heavily into new music and the associated culture are midlife crisis brehs and crehs in their late 30’s and early 40’s. :mjlol:Why? Because new music is heavily entrenched in flex culture and men in their prime earning age and their midlife crisis spending habits relate to that shyt. :beli:Who else could afford to wear nothing but Gucci, Prada and LV and drive a Hellcat? Not most 21 year olds. I’m 38 and saying this. Now that much of the older millenial demographic finally has a bag, they relate to Lil Baby and DaBaby. :pachaha:And it’s cringe to see 40 year old brehs listening to his music and trying to dress like them. :hhh:It’s even evident in the industry. Money Man and Griselda look younger now than they did in throwback pics from 10-20 years ago. Fabolous still out here dressing and making music like he 22 still. The older generation don’t wanna grow up, but the younger generation has a harder time growing up because of the economic and societal conditions.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

100% facts.

I think this just *Might* spark artists to make better quality music again and force them to play instruments like in the past. When their economic bottom line gets ravaged by older music of better quality, now it is occuring in their minds that they fukked up something monumental :ufdup: .

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Ironically, most people I see that are heavily into new music and the associated culture are midlife crisis brehs and crehs in their late 30’s and early 40’s. :mjlol:Why? Because new music is heavily entrenched in flex culture and men in their prime earning age and their midlife crisis spending habits relate to that shyt. :beli:Who else could afford to wear nothing but Gucci, Prada and LV and drive a Hellcat? Not most 21 year olds. I’m 38 and saying this. Now that much of the older millenial demographic finally has a bag, they relate to Lil Baby and DaBaby. :pachaha:And it’s cringe to see 40 year old brehs listening to his music and trying to dress like them. :hhh:It’s even evident in the industry. Money Man and Griselda look younger now than they did in throwback pics from 10-20 years ago. Fabolous still out here dressing and making music like he 22 still. The older generation don’t wanna grow up, but the younger generation has a harder time growing up because of the economic and societal conditions.

For real. Last year, I made a MAJOR bag at my new job working remote along with a side Hustle, getting in deep into the 6 figures, but now at 35 I do feel typa weird being in the best physical shape in my life, looking like a 23 year old dressing fresh as hell hype beast. Like, I can go to a club and mingle with 20 something year old brehettes, and they not knowing my real age. But the real Gen Z dudes do got it tough in the age of COVID and having their growth stunted with trash entertainment they been raised upon.