A Teenage Girl is facing off against The Predator in new movie..

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's one of many main issues with female protagonist in movies now...theirs only so much suspended belief one can take and I have reached my limit

Even a highly trained female MMA fighter doesn't have a chance against a predator...

Why would any human have a chance against a predator? :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

You're talking like a female warrior on her own turf is impossible but 45yo Danny Glover was an intergalactic superhero. :russ:

whatthatthangsmelllike

W$GT$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach
The only thing outrageous in this thread is you fishing for an exchange on the basis of outrage because someone said they'd be cool with a film in native tongue.

:what:
Right :mjlol: I think it’s lazy film making if they don’t have the dialect of the time or the people I’ll prob watch when it’s streaming though

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Right :mjlol: I think it’s lazy film making if they don’t have the dialect of the time or the people I’ll prob watch when it’s streaming though

It's not "lazy filmmaking", it's, "Let's not immediately cut $50 million off the box office trying to go auteur for a fukking Predator movie."

Imagine if everyone insisted that Ben Hur or The 10 Commandments be in Latin or 300 be all in Greek. :russ:

You were just praising Chernobyl the other day when it was all in English they didn't even try to do correct accents and that's a fukking docudrama, not an alien flick.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

This one of my favorite franchise but .. :mjlol: she was about to be Bear food, now you expect me to believe she going to kill a Predator :dead:

A Super Advanced Alien with high-tech weaponry and camouflage going up against a frail teenage girl with a bow and arrow.

The whole film i'm going to be watching it like this :francis:

this feminist bullshyt has gotten way out of hand

they fukked up the Terminator
they fukked up Star Wars
now they’re fukking up the Predator

:snoop: lil fragile girls vs this

predator-main-223.jpg

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I think when a a female character is used that doesn’t involve some type of magical ability, the character should rely more on tactical, cunning, logical, and finesse characteristics. As far as fighting more evasive and quick strikes seem more realistic.

For an example, Black Widow is “realistic” to me.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Why would any human have a chance against a predator? :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

You're talking like a female warrior on her own turf is impossible but 45yo Danny Glover was an intergalactic superhero. :russ:
When you pick at nits, this is what you end up with....

I said in my post that you quoted/replied to suspended belief, that I've reached my limit, there is no way a woman that shorter than me and weigh 75 pounds soak and wet has a chance beating up/fighting the average Boxer/MMA fighter

But In movies that's all you see is a bunch of petite bony women holding their own against muscle bound men

Its has gone overboard, jumped the shark, so a movie (Prey) where a Native/Indegenous American woman will hold her own/best Colonizers, Natural Predators of the land and The Predator

im-out-shark-tank.gif

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

I'll definitely check for a film regardless but for immersion, it's always a better experience for me if it's in the language that was most common whenever the film was made. I'm the type that watched Squid Game in Korean w/ subtitles & that only plays Ghost of Tushima in Japanese w/ Eng subtitles. All that said, it's not a big deal and a good movie or game is a good movie or game regardless.

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
  • Dap
Reactions: IVS