A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm starting to think that Brienne is going to eventually kill Stannis.

She has been such a big part of the story for no apparent reason. You could argue that she played her part by getting Jamie back to King's Landing, but she has still been a large part of the story since then and is wandering around aimlessly. She will still want to avenge Renley's death.

On a side note, I'm rewatching the TV series and it is a completely different viewing experience now that I have read the books. I missed/didn't understand so much the first time around. There are just too many characters and too many fictional locations, it all was a blur. It's like I'm watching it for the first time now.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:what:
Episode 10 is going to be a chaotic mess if this is the case. Unless maybe they open episode 9 with the fight and take the remaining 3/4 of Ep. 9 to help flesh it out a bit more. WAAAAYYY too much happens after that fight to fit in 1 episode.

EDIT: they could technically move up the whole Eyrie shyt with Peter and Sansa, there is nothing stopping all that from happening before Tyrion's trial.

I agree, epi 9 is ALWAYS the climax of the season "Baelor", "BlackWater" and "Red Wedding" it ONLY makes sense to have epi 9 of season 4 be the battle at castle black and the duel in kings landing, both are climaxes of each respective locale. Epi 10 can be used for Shae and Tywin.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I can't fukin decide on a sweater and a tshirt to get
been practically at it since last night

Im back here at work still like
:facepalm:

I've pretty much decided on a sweater. But I want "The North Remembers" stitched on the back instead of blank

I might call up the mall around here and see about some custom embroidery and see if I can just design my own
:ehh:

Both of these sites have great tshirts
http://tshirtonomy.com/game-of-thrones-t-shirts

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/and+fire+ice+of+song+t-shirts

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so I'm on my second run through of the (audio)books. and just kinda caught the part where Varys says if Stannis is into magic then he means to see him dead (when he's telling Tyrion the story of how he lost his man-parts). I thought it was a kind of idle threat at first, but now I know a little more about the power of The Spider :ohhh:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
so I'm on my second run through of the (audio)books. and just kinda caught the part where Varys says if Stannis is into magic then he means to see him dead (when he's telling Tyrion the story of how he lost his man-parts). I thought it was a kind of idle threat at first, but now I know a little more about the power of The Spider :ohhh:
When it comes down to it breh, its all a chess match between Varys and Littlefinger. They have been controlling the board for sometime now. At some point tho, the pieces will become their-own and take control. Varys will eventually make an appearance again in later books, but I believe littlefinger wont survive the series.
A mon avis

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

there also a quote by tywin where he says something like "stannis will fight to his death and then some" and i think it might be foreshadowing stannis faking his death in his upcoming battle.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
When it comes down to it breh, its all a chess match between Varys and Littlefinger. They have been controlling the board for sometime now. At some point tho, the pieces will become their-own and take control. Varys will eventually make an appearance again in later books, but I believe littlefinger wont survive the series.
A mon avis

Sansa will deff take him out I think.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Good looks on the info. I hope they don't combine Euron and Victarion. But those guys weren't in it until book 4 right? So we may get some Brienne searching for Sansa in there (more build-up to lady stoneheart's reveal).

I was thinking Shae seems a lot different in the show and that they might not kill her off like that, but it's kinda integral to the story.

Agree with things you want to see end eps, I don't want it to end an episode but Jamie's exchanges with Loras were entertaining to me and the outting of Barristan/Jorah will be interested (the battle Meereen could potentially be dope since they basically skipped it in the books).
That'll be wack if they combine those 2.

Dany already knows about Barristan, she just doens't know about Mormont spying on her IIRC.

Another thing, peeps saying Stoneheart could show up at the end of ep 10 but I say why can't she show up in the opening of the premiere? Season 1 opened with the WW and Others, can't remember what season 2 opened with, and season 3 although it's a stretch you can say they opened with WW too. So the precedent for a fantasy opening is there and you have to figure time wise, how much time wil pass between ep 1 and ep 10? can't have Cat laying the water for that long but if they open with Nymeria pulling her out then that'll make more sense

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That'll be wack if they combine those 2.

Dany already knows about Barristan, she just doens't know about Mormont spying on her IIRC.

Another thing, peeps saying Stoneheart could show up at the end of ep 10 but I say why can't she show up in the opening of the premiere? Season 1 opened with the WW and Others, can't remember what season 2 opened with, and season 3 although it's a stretch you can say they opened with WW too. So the precedent for a fantasy opening is there and you have to figure time wise, how much time wil pass between ep 1 and ep 10? can't have Cat laying the water for that long but if they open with Nymeria pulling her out then that'll make more sense

because for more impact i think they'll want to show Stoneheart for the first time when she murks Brienne, give people that :mindblown::wtf::damn: feeling

and they can't start with the brienne shyt on the first episode :yeshrug:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
because for more impact i think they'll want to show Stoneheart for the first time when she murks Brienne, give people that :mindblown::wtf::damn: feeling

and they can't start with the brienne shyt on the first episode :yeshrug:
What I'm saying is for the non book readers they have to show how she came to be. That's why I say open the premiere ep with Nymeria(of course they won't know that's Nymeria) pulling Cat out of the river then the BWB shows up to run the wolves off and Donderrion realizes who she is and gives her the kiss. Show her eyes open then cue the opening credits. We won't have to see her again until the end of the season.