A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So Martin said he's writing episode 7 of season 3 entitled "Autumn". I think we can guess what's going down on that ep.:to:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
So Martin said he's writing episode 7 of season 3 entitled "Autumn". I think we can guess what's going down on that ep.:to:

Doubt it. He said that he had such a hard time writing that chapter that he completed the rest of the book first and then went back and wrote it. Doubt he wants to write it again. And the producers said its their favorite part of the series so they probably going wanna write it.

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pacspit: 5 book taking place in less than a year

:pacspit: Arrya being going from on Cornu place to another for five fukking books and achieving nothing

:pacspit: 100k dothraki just running around doing nothing for 4 books

:pacspit: killing Rob and Catleyn like that.

:pacspit: the dragon not growing or doing shot until book 5

:pacspit: to no end in sight

:pacspit: killing some great characters and leaving a lot of corny ones

:pacspit: killing khal drago

This man has a point...

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I think they should've kept Jon's storyline the same as the book. Jon fighting Qorin to the death and Ghost showing up just in time to save him would've made for some good TV. Oh well.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Oh lawd, I feel sorry for all dem nigs in the TV series thread representin' for the Starks. All the L's Robb is taking. :to:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I think they should've kept Jon's storyline the same as the book. Jon fighting Qorin to the death and Ghost showing up just in time to save him would've made for some good TV. Oh well.

It can still go down. Qorin told him to make sure the other crows didn't die for nothing

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Oh lawd, I feel sorry for all dem nigs in the TV series thread representin' for the Starks. All the L's Robb is taking. :to:

they gonna commit that when "that thing" happens season 3 :to:

and people are gonna be even more pissed when they see the character that resurrects is Catelyn :wow:

It can still go down. Qorin told him to make sure the other crows didn't die for nothing

Yeah, it seems Qhorin is trying to set things up for his Obi-Wan Kenobi moment with Jon.

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doubt it. He said that he had such a hard time writing that chapter that he completed the rest of the book first and then went back and wrote it. Doubt he wants to write it again. And the producers said its their favorite part of the series so they probably going wanna write it.

"That part" will be the season 3 season finale....

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Im asking why he gave Storm's End to Renly instead of Stannis when Stannis was the one who held it for him.

Oh sorry....

Nah it was never really clear. Stannis was always the better military mind and did what was practical but Robert was just an a$$hole :yeshrug:

But I haven't read the first book in a while.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Im asking why he gave Storm's End to Renly instead of Stannis when Stannis was the one who held it for him.

Dragonstone and the islands around it were the biggest loyalists to the Mad King and Robert wanted someone strong to govern them and watch his back.