A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Finished AFFC. Idk why people were saying this was a bad book, it was very good to me. The Ironborn chapters were some of my favorite. Cersei is a crazy bytch. Jamie the :king: (slayer). I wonder what happened to Brienne at the end w/ Lady Stoneheart. On to ADWD :yes:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not going read this thread brehs but, I read the first three books..started the fourth and couldnt dig it...I think now that I have had some time away maybe I should retry the fourth... what you guys think, is it worth it??

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I'm not going read this thread brehs but, I read the first three books..started the fourth and couldnt dig it...I think now that I have had some time away maybe I should retry the fourth... what you guys think, is it worth it??

Yeah mane you got through the best book so far but it's worth it to read the next two just to see what happens to the characters. I got a little burned out in the middle of the 4th too but I pushed through.

Maybe read the 4th now and save the 5th for when the new book gets a release date.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
the 3rd was easily the best of the books I've read and one of the best books I've read period. 4 was a bit of a let-down, but it was decent enough. I need to get on 5, but I don't know if I want to cop, read, and be waiting 5 years for the next one to come.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
i was thinling . what if rr martin dies, dude's pretty damn old ? does the series just end, or is there someone else assigned to taking it over?

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
i was thinling . what if rr martin dies, dude's pretty damn old ? does the series just end, or is there someone else assigned to taking it over?

He told the HBO producers how he intends to have all the major characters stories play out, but still.... I don't even think I'd want someone else finishing it second hand.

Seen a lot of speculation of people thinking that Dagmer Cleftjaw (the dude that was in the Office UK) is actually Reek. Doesn't really work given the age of the actor playing him and the actor playing Roose Bolton.

Who knows though? :leon:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Went to Barnes & Noble today to get A Dance With Dragons and they said they wont have it until July :scusthov:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
He told the HBO producers how he intends to have all the major characters stories play out, but still.... I don't even think I'd want someone else finishing it second hand.

Seen a lot of speculation of people thinking that Dagmer Cleftjaw (the dude that was in the Office UK) is actually Reek. Doesn't really work given the age of the actor playing him and the actor playing Roose Bolton.

Who knows though? :leon:

i highly doubt that

the reason they called the dude reek is cause he literally reeked. he had that disease that made him super stinky. im sure someone would have mentioned his odor is it was him

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
i highly doubt that

the reason they called the dude reek is cause he literally reeked. he had that disease that made him super stinky. im sure someone would have mentioned his odor is it was him

Reek/Ramsay - people think it's Bolton's b*stard undercover since he's the one playing the role of devil on Theon's shoulder like Ramsay (disguised as Reek) did in ACOK.

Measter Luwin paying the Iron Price
http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/nooo.gif :ooh:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Just read Martin's interview in Rolling Stone and he said he only has 200 pages out of 1500 done in his next book :sadcam: I can read 200 in 2 days or less