A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yea, the first time I read through the red wedding I put the book down for about two months. I was literally outraged, furious and felt sickly. This series better end with the Starks on top........

threw my book across the room... nikkas will :deadrose: when they see it on the tv show cause Robb is way more likable on the show than he was in the books...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
if you want the spoiler..........

Barristan Selmy almost tells her in Mereen but she kinda refuses to know. He hits her with a "sometimes peoples IDEA of others is better to hold on to than the TRUTH" kinda argument.

Oh ok. I'm just tired of her negative Usurper talk and how all the people the rose against her father (when they had a legit reason to) are traitor scum.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Oh ok. I'm just tired of her negative Usurper talk and how all the people the rose against her father (when they had a legit reason to) are traitor scum.

I've seen people make statements like this before and it never makes sense. Why wouldn't/shouldn't Dany thing Robert, Ned and them were usurpers? Some of y'all need to actually think of things from the character's perspective instead of your own. If Dany had all the information I'm sure she wouldn't look at her father with the same reverence and would disagree with some of the things he did, but she's still a Targaryean and would take their side. And Robert did usurp the throne.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I've seen people make statements like this before and it never makes sense. Why wouldn't/shouldn't Dany thing Robert, Ned and them were usurpers? Some of y'all need to actually think of things from the character's perspective instead of your own. If Dany had all the information I'm sure she wouldn't look at her father with the same reverence and would disagree with some of the things he did, but she's still a Targaryean and would take their side. And Robert did usurp the throne.

Yeah, from Dany's POV it would make sense that she hates Robert calls him userper and all that Jorah as well. He was exiled by Roberts warden of the North, her dad was killed by the current Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, her oldest brother killed by the king at the time, and assassins were sent at her head.

I'd hate that nikka too.:pacspit:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Yea, the first time I read through the red wedding I put the book down for about two months. I was literally outraged, furious and felt sickly. This series better end with the Starks on top........

I just kinda sat there with a stunned look on my face and had to put the book down for a while. Just the utter ether GRM threw to 2 of his main characters and their crew had me like :krs:. Craziest shyt Ive read in a book

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:stopitslime:

I do see it from her perspective and I know all that. I'm just stating I get annoyed with it.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Arya got knocked out the chapter right after the Red Wedding. If Martin killed her I probably would've stopped reading for a while :laugh:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
i still remember after i read the red wedding, i put my phone down (kindle app :lolbron: ) for at least 1 hour and was just staring at the wall thinking about what the fuk just went down. :to:

i was shocked and pissed off at the same time, i was feeling happy for arya thinkin shes finally gonna reunite with her fam and then the author just squashed any type of hope. :to:

Then i remember feeling bad as hell for catelyn, im like damn from her perspective her husband and entire family are killed and her oldest son is getting murdered right infront of her eyes. Besides theon, no one in the books suffered more than her :to:

i cant wait to see this go down on tv and see peoples reaction

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
i was shocked and pissed off at the same time, i was feeling happy for arya thinkin shes finally gonna reunite with her fam and then the author just squashed any type of hope. :to:

Then i remember feeling bad as hell for catelyn, im like damn from her perspective her husband and entire family are killed and her oldest son is getting murdered right infront of her eyes. Besides theon, no one in the books suffered more than her :to:

I feel sorry for her to an extent...but Cat's brought so much of it upon herself with stupid decisions and terrible judgement that it's hard to feel for her too much

but...as I've already said...if GRM decides to end Arya...we gone have issues :birdman:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Arya got knocked out the chapter right after the Red Wedding. If Martin killed her I probably would've stopped reading for a while :laugh:

Yeah I thought Arya was dead at that point. If I remember correctly, it ended with some "..and everything turned to black" shyt. I thought the end of her chapter was the end of her chapter.

Sandor Clegane :king:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't want to say I predicted, but I felt all the major deaths coming like a page before they happened so that kind of took away the full impact. I could sense Joffrey was gonna screw Ned over. The way Walder Frey was acting all cool about what Robb did, the way Cat kept noticing Black Walder acting funny and the way the author made a point to mention the guest right made me know something was going down.

Renly's death is really the only one that surprised me just cause it happened so suddenly. Also Jon Snow's cliffhanger. Varys murking Kevan Lannister came out of nowhere.

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
I don't want to say I predicted, but I felt all the major deaths coming like a page before they happened so that kind of took away the full impact. I could sense Joffrey was gonna screw Ned over. The way Walder Frey was acting all cool about what Robb did, the way Cat kept noticing Black Walder acting funny and the way the author made a point to mention the guest right made me know something was going down.

Renly's death is really the only one that surprised me just cause it happened so suddenly. Also Jon Snow's cliffhanger. Varys murking Kevan Lannister came out of nowhere.

As soon as Catelyn made it an issue to ask for food it was obvious what was gonna happen, yeah.

-edit. Renly's was surprising? After Mel birthed the shadow? Also wasn't expecting Snow to get Julius Caesar'd like that.