A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Just read Martin's interview in Rolling Stone and he said he only has 200 pages out of 1500 done in his next book :sadcam: I can read 200 in 2 days or less

He's mentioned previously that in a "good year" he can do about 250 pages a year.

So...

Next book in 2017?

Disgust.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The TV show. I finished and delivered my script for season three of GAME OF THRONES. It's episode 307, with the working title "Autumn Storms." David and Dan seem to like it. Casting is in full swing for the new season, so I'm watching auditions every night. Froggy may be turning up soon, but don't hold your breath. I'm too busy to devote much time to whipping up obscure clues.

From Martins Not a Blog. I wonder who Froggy is. The Reeds? But damn if it takes for ep 7 of next season to show up.

WINDS OF WINTER. Yes, I'm working on that too. At the moment, I am writing about the Dothraki. More than that, I sayeth not, you know I don't like to talk about this stuff.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
From Martins Not a Blog. I wonder who Froggy is. The Reeds? But damn if it takes for ep 7 of next season to show up.

nah, he does riddles/clues about whos being cast for a role before a season starts and he uses a frog avatar for that particular post. thats all he meant by that

as for the reeds, they could come up next season but i dont think they're too necessary. Since bran is already having jojens dreams, maybe they can just cast meera and she meets bran,rickon,hodor and asha while they're on they way to the wall. Then after they get there asha and rickon can go they're seperate ways and meera can accompany bran and hodor beyond the wall. I think that could be plausible :yeshrug:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
GRRM is 63 but looks 80 on his way to a heart attack. At the pace hes going its not going to be completed. hope he leaves notes behind for someone else to finish or details for the tv show

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
:huhldup: this nikka only got 200 pages out of 1500....

i just got done with adwd a couple of weeks ago bruhs i'm fiending :noah:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
GRRM is 63 but looks 80 on his way to a heart attack. At the pace hes going its not going to be completed. hope he leaves notes behind for someone else to finish or details for the tv show

He said he doesn't have any major health problems, just the annoying things that come with age. Still people die everyday, b....Donna Summer just went out at 63 :yeshrug:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
:pacspit: 5 book taking place in less than a year

:pacspit: Arrya being going from on Corny place to another for five fukking books and achieving nothing

:pacspit: 100k dothraki just running around doing nothing for 4 books

:pacspit: killing Rob and Catleyn like that.

:pacspit: the dragons not growing or doing shyt until book 5

:pacspit: to no end in sight

:pacspit: killing some great characters and leaving a lot of corny ones

:pacspit: killing khal drago

:pacspit:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
:pacspit: 5 book taking place in less than a year

:pacspit: Arrya being going from on Cornu place to another for five fukking books and achieving nothing

:pacspit: 100k dothraki just running around doing nothing for 4 books

:pacspit: killing Rob and Catleyn like that.

:pacspit: the dragon not growing or doing shot until book 5

:pacspit: to no end in sight

:pacspit: killing some great characters and leaving a lot of corny ones

:pacspit: killing khal drago

:pacspit:

tumblr_lmjptgLeR21qcragg.gif

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
What was the point of creating this new "Talissa" character and not sticking w/ Jeyne Westerling? In the books you actually felt bad for Robb, in the show he's just an idiot :snoop:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

I think he already did. I read in the SOHH version of this thread that GRRM won't allow any other authors to finish his work if he dies or something but he has already told HBO execs how the story is suppose to go down for the TV show. Watch this dude go down on some Gene Roddenberry shyt...:snoop:

Dude is not too far from the American life expectancy age. I'm not wishing a bro dead but I'm not feeling to optimistic on him finishing the series.

He told the HBO producers how he intends to have all the major characters stories play out, but still.... I don't even think I'd want someone else finishing it second hand.

Seen a lot of speculation of people thinking that Dagmer Cleftjaw (the dude that was in the Office UK) is actually Reek. Doesn't really work given the age of the actor playing him and the actor playing Roose Bolton.

Who knows though? :leon:

Reek cut is a no show for this season. Roose Bolton basically just sends his b*stard son to "liberate" Winterfell from Theon. Ramsay is just gonna sack it when he gets there.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
can someone answer this for (spoiler warnings included)

what the hell is this "weasel soup" i keep hearing about?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
What was the point of creating this new "Talissa" character and not sticking w/ Jeyne Westerling? In the books you actually felt bad for Robb, in the show he's just an idiot :snoop:
I think they're doing it for time/budget reasons. They obviously wanted to show why Robb ends up breaking his word and love stories never get left out of shows. If they went with Jeyne they'd have to go to a new locale and introduce her family. That said I was still holding out hope that she was still lying about being from Volantis and that she was really Jeyne. Robb was headed to the Crag in this last episode and that's the seat of House Westerling. Plus two episodes ago when Robb said he was going there with her she made a face. :yeshrug:
can someone answer this for (spoiler warnings included)

what the hell is this "weasel soup" i keep hearing about?

It involves the way Arya tricked Jaqen to help her out with the third name in the book.
A Clash of Kings-Chapter 47 - A Wiki of Ice and Fire