A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
jon does not have silver hair or purple eyes. I am not buying it.

This is a passage from the Hedge Knight book about ser Duncan the tall and egg. Takes place 90 years before game of thrones and in this particular part he is talking about prince maekar targaryen who is at a tournament.

"He does not look a Targaryen in truth, with that dark hair. Dunk said as much to Egg.
“It’s said he favors his mother,” the boy reminded him. “She was a Dornish princess.”

So yea..

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
A few random thoughts as I was reading some of aSoS pages that should be related to tonights episode:

• I'm wondering if Varys had little birds in Storms End and the Tower of Joy. That said, he might be the one who reveals Jon's true parents.:scheme:
  • Its kinda funny how Ros and Armeca in the show are representing all the whores who are of any note in the books.
  • Holy Shyt, Everytime I've read something on Eddard taking the Tower of Joy, I forget that he found Lyanna dieing in a puddle of blood:ohhh:. SHE DIED GIVING BIRTH:whoo:. Holy Shyt, how have I missed this little piece. Nothing now can convince me that Jon is not her son:yes:
  • After reading a little more on Greyjoys Rebellion...those are some stupid fuks:mindblown:. Did they really think they had a chance lol:heh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
After reading a little more on Greyjoys Rebellion...those are some stupid fuks:mindblown:. Did they really think they had a chance lol:heh:

You talking about the first rebellion or the second one? Both are stupid but the second one is just about the dumbest route taken in the entire goddamn series.

:ufdup: @ Balon Greyjoy

Dude wanted to be King of the Iron Lands and the North. :stopitslime: Everybody going to war now and it's time to take dibs on houses, land, and throne. His options are:

a.) :demonic: Betray Robb Stark, negotiate and co-op with Tywin Lannister. Help smash Tywin's enemies and my reward will definitely be King of the Iron Lands and maybe help me get most of the North or all. A Lannister always pays his debts right?

b.) :thinking: Stay loyal to Robb Stark, help him defeat the Lannisters and other enemies. My reward may be King of the Iron Lands, definitely can't claim North here though but helping out will put me in good favor with the Starks.

c.) :pacspit: @ everybody. fukk all them, nikkas, I'm doing shyt my way and taking it the hard way. Fighting wars on all kinds of fronts. Iron price, breh...

Dumbass chose option C. :mindblown: And for all his efforts he gets an off screen death. :smh:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
This is a passage from the Hedge Knight book about ser Duncan the tall and egg. Takes place 90 years before game of thrones and in this particular part he is talking about prince maekar targaryen who is at a tournament.

"He does not look a Targaryen in truth, with that dark hair. Dunk said as much to Egg.
“It’s said he favors his mother,” the boy reminded him. “She was a Dornish princess.”

So yea..

Rhygaras other kid has silver hair and his mother was Doornish. As my man said of Roberts spawn "the seed is strong"

so uh-huh!

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Rhygaras other kid has silver hair and his mother was Doornish. As my man said of Roberts spawn "the seed is strong"

so uh-huh!

Lol yea but in the Hedge Knight, the prince's brother has the silver hair. Most of them have the targ look but not all. Lyanna must've had very strong features too. N also they mention alot how elia Martell was sickly and not a strong woman.

The targ look is strong cause of all the inbreeding but when they branch out it mixes with others.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

so uh-huh!

So is the Stark seed, its said that Arya looks just like Lyanna and Arya is the only Stark that Jon looks like. Where on the other hand Sansa is Tully blood all the way, damn near no north in her....

One thing i find funny is that Madden and Harrington went on record saying they had to emulate Sean Bean's accent to sound more like him...making them seem like his sons even more....

still doesn't explain Littlefinger's whisper flow....

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Question for y'all:

How would YOU like the story to finish? What scenario do you want?

If you feel you might be spoiling something in one of the latter books for someone else, please label the book and use the spoiler tag.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Question for y'all:

If you feel you might be spoiling something in one of the latter books for someone else, please label the book and use the spoiler tag.

I'm still riding with Stannis even though I doubt he gonna get whats rightfully his. Other than him I'd love to see little finger game plan his way to the throne.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I'm still riding with Stannis even though I doubt he gonna get whats rightfully his. Other than him I'd love to see little finger game plan his way to the throne.

Corny as it may sound, I want the Jon Snow R+L theory to be true and for him to be offered the throne. Knowing Martin, Snow will probably vacate the throne to stay in the Watch just like the old Maester Aemon.

We'll see.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

same, i want Stannis to sit the throne in the end. don't see it happening though. this is jon and dany's story in the end. one of them will be on the throne or there won't be one at all imo.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Question for y'all:

Danny comes to Westors in the middle of winter and starts taking shyt over then runs into Jon snow with his armies of Notherens and first men. They band together and start fighting against the real threat which is the others. They win and Jon or Bran becomes King in the North again and mix that with the Nights watch and drop that stupid no fukking rule. Danny realizes that she is better at destroying shyt then ruling leaves Missandei to rule over her kingdom and goes on the conquer/explore Southors.

but i will let martian tell it.