A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
thats true i forgot about that, however the dragons burned his ass for trying to steal one so that wasnt dany's fault.

if dany and aegon get into beef with each other tho, dany can squash that pretty fast. she has dragons on her side..DRAGONS! lol. i hope not tho i hope aegon and jon snow are the 2 extra heads of the dragons.

the faith is in deep also but doran martell sent one of his nieces in there to infiltrate and get close to the high septon. i think her name is tyena sand and she is a septa. also nymeria sand got sent to kings landing to be on the council in place of doran.

theres alot of loose ends on this story. it really is difficult to imagine how he can tie it all up in 2 books before he passes away. these might be some monstrous, 1400 page books.

Nah, breh. I don't think aegon is gonna make it to the end. I'm not even sure if that's the real aegon, that seems some shyt that varys made up for his own ends and that mummers dragon shyt quaithe was talking about seems to fit him, mummers as in fake dragon. In my opinion, the other two heads are jon and tyrion or jon and bran. I think bran is going to be able to warg one of those dragons.

And cersi fukked up when she allowed the faith to bring back their military order, they about to be a problem.

And I don't think he can wrap it all up in 2 books, seems like 3 books is the mininium to finish this story. I remember when robert jordan died and they were like its going to be 2 more books left, i was like bullshyt and I was right, they ended up with 3 closing books instead of the two. I see the same shyt with ice and fire, 3 or 4 more books.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Nah, breh. I don't think aegon is gonna make it to the end. I'm not even sure if that's the real aegon, that seems some shyt that varys made up for his own ends and that mummers dragon shyt quaithe was talking about seems to fit him, mummers as in fake dragon. In my opinion, the other two heads are jon and tyrion or jon and bran. I think bran is going to be able to warg one of those dragons.

And cersi fukked up when she allowed the faith to bring back their military order, they about to be a problem.

And I don't think he can wrap it all up in 2 books, seems like 3 books is the mininium to finish this story. I remember when robert jordan died and they were like its going to be 2 more books left, i was like bullshyt and I was right, they ended up with 3 closing books instead of the two. I see the same shyt with ice and fire, 3 or 4 more books.

it does look like aegon is the mummer's dragon but damn idk how i feel about tyrion being a secret targ. at first i didnt think it was a bad idea but now idk i feel kinda eh about it. i wish he would release those books already i cant wait to see how it all ends up.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Varys is the biggest question mark IMO. It seem like he ridin for team Targeryan but at the same time he was snitching on Dany to Robert. If the shyt with Aegon is true and he is the real deal then I wonder what was the point of trying to tyrion to link up with Dany.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Yeah I dont think Aegon is a real Targ I believe he is who the chick from Quarth was referencing when she said beware the mummers dragons I think Tyrion is trying to link up with Danerys just so he can get revenge on his sister and claim Casterly Rock finally.Tyrion is his fathers son I can see in the end Tyrion "winning" for lack of a better term cause in this game no one truly wins.....:demonic:

Now with Kevan Lannister getting the "pokemon" treatment Cersei is done her rage is like wildfire burning everything and she about to put work in with Robert Strong. No one respects her since her "Hoe Stroll" and i think her trying to get respect will lead her to making some terrible decision for Tommen he aint the type to stand up for himself like Joffrey as batshyt as he was:laugh:

What we are not doing is talking about the elephant in the room the "gods" of westeros is it me or do you find it strange that the only one who "shows" his power is R'hollor the lord of light? Drowned God,Weirwood trees,The Seven, Whatever no one "blesses" their believers like he does. Visions,Powers all these other "gods" aint putting in work like that.

If you lived in westeros who would you believe in?

My main point being that with the faith "gripping up" again and with Stannis being Azor Ahai reborn:troll: what is going to happen when Stannis and his weird Red God starts making the winter hot for the Faith?

So many questions/potential scenarios have they given a release date for TWOW yet?:noah:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
fukk you nikkas, The Dead Prince is forreal. Aegon VI is gooing to rule in the end
S'cust at yall even thinking Tyrion is a Targ, no way in hell
As I said before, the 3 dragons, 3 heads, 3 Targ kids alive at the time. Dany, Viseareys and Aegon.
It is kinda hard to see this finishing in 2 books but that must mean the last 2 books are 1000+ pages
My dude here sums up my thoughts on Jon and the relation to Lyanna and Rheagor perfectly...
While reading A Song of Ice and Fire, I kept coming back to the question of who is Jon Snow's mother. If you haven't read the first four books (the only ones published at the time I am writing this), then you probably want to stop reading because I'll mention stuff that you probably don't want to know until George R. R. Martin reveals them to you - it's so much better that way.

So, I tinkered with a variety of ideas and then a crazy one came to me - what if Eddard isn't Jon's father? A lot of stuff starts making sense then: The urgency of which Eddard has to tell Jon... something. Why Eddard elevates Jon beyond the treatment of a normal b*stard. Why Eddard, a man of stubbornheaded honor, would come back with a b*stard child after newly being married to Catelyn (who, by all accounts, is beautiful). If Eddard isn't the father, then that doesn't make sense because he claims Jon is his blood in A Game of Thrones. Jon also looks like Eddard (more than his other male children), so Jon must be closely related. The two most closely related people to Eddard are Brandon, Benjen, and Lyanna. Brandon is dead over a year prior to Jon's birth and little is known about Benjen in this time period, but Lyanna is involved in the story around the time of Jon's birth. So, working on the premise that Jon is Lyanna's child, does it fit?

Eddard is haunted by the words "Promise Me, Ned" which Lyanna utters (in Eddard's memory). If Lyanna was Jon's mother, this line begins to take on more weight and explains why it haunts Eddard so. Now, if we try to determine who the father is - the only person who we know for sure that had sex with Lyanna is Rhaegar Targaryen who kidnapped and raped her. (It is unknown if Robert Baratheon, known to sleep around, who was engaged to Lyanna, had the opportunity to father a child through her.) If we accept that Rhaegar may be the father, then the phrase "Promise Me, Ned" is even more haunting. Not just "raise him as your own" but "protect him for he has not only your blood, but the blood of kings". The plea is that much more urgent given Robert's proclivity toward killing (murderering) Targaryens. My guess is extra weight is added to the plea because Lyanna utters it while dying - of giving birth to Jon Snow.

Once I thought about this - it all starts to make sense. Jon's increasingly important role in the tale and even the title of the series - A Song of Ice and Fire. Ice and Fire. Stark and Targaryen. Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen (equals Jon Snow)?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Yeah I dont think Aegon is a real Targ I believe he is who the chick from Quarth was referencing when she said beware the mummers dragons I think Tyrion is trying to link up with Danerys just so he can get revenge on his sister and claim Casterly Rock finally.Tyrion is his fathers son I can see in the end Tyrion "winning" for lack of a better term cause in this game no one truly wins.....:demonic:

Now with Kevan Lannister getting the "pokemon" treatment Cersei is done her rage is like wildfire burning everything and she about to put work in with Robert Strong. No one respects her since her "Hoe Stroll" and i think her trying to get respect will lead her to making some terrible decision for Tommen he aint the type to stand up for himself like Joffrey as batshyt as he was:laugh:

What we are not doing is talking about the elephant in the room the "gods" of westeros is it me or do you find it strange that the only one who "shows" his power is R'hollor the lord of light? Drowned God,Weirwood trees,The Seven, Whatever no one "blesses" their believers like he does. Visions,Powers all these other "gods" aint putting in work like that.

If you lived in westeros who would you believe in?

My main point being that with the faith "gripping up" again and with Stannis being Azor Ahai reborn:troll: what is going to happen when Stannis and his weird Red God starts making the winter hot for the Faith?

So many questions/potential scenarios have they given a release date for TWOW yet?:noah:

Stannis will prob leave the north alone for all there help but once he gets back to kings landing he will have another war on his hands.

Also if Victorian comes back strong dude is going to war with the North.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Maybe but that does not explain the latest Aegon.

Unless he is not really related to Danny.

It's up in the air on whether he's real or not. So far there's more clues to Jon being part Targaryen than Aegon being part Targaryen.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Jon Connington seems pretty convinced.

Yeah I was going to add that Jon being part Targaryen doesn't have to work against Aegon being part Targaryen. In some cases, a kid can have recessive traits when both parents have dominant traits. When more kids come into the picture, some can get the features from either the mother or the father. Rhaenys took after Elia and Aegon prob took after Rhaegar. Most of the times that's not the case but it isn't impossible.

Aegon VI could be the real deal and Jon could still be a b*stard Targaryen.

But let's not forget that there are other folks out there with Valyrian traits. (ex. House Velaryon) and we're talking about Varys the master manipulator of events who could have snatched an Aegon look-a-like from anywhere.