A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I agree on principle for sure

but that Reek shyt was downright uncomfortable to read...I kept having to put the book down...like why Martin gotta tell me all that shyt man

just despicable...Ramsay a got damn psycopath :merchant:

shyt was foul. And I know what you mean I had to put down the book like :why::what: and come back to read more later.

The Red Wedding and that next Arya chapter back to back had me depressed until I realized Arya made it.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
shyt was foul. And I know what you mean I had to put down the book like :why::what: and come back to read more later.

The Red Wedding and that next Arya chapter back to back had me depressed until I realized Arya made it.

I had to read Red Wedding twice because I was so confused

Like...WHY??? WHY you rat faced fukks!!

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I agree on principle for sure

but that Reek shyt was downright uncomfortable to read...I kept having to put the book down...like why Martin gotta tell me all that shyt man

just despicable...Ramsay a got damn psycopath :merchant:

Luckily GRRM didn't go into detail to what Ramsay was doing to Jeyne Poole with all the crying the Northern men were hearing. :why: I don't think I would have been able to stomach that shyt.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
I had to read Red Wedding twice because I was so confused

Like...WHY??? WHY you rat faced fukks!!

Red Wedding happened and i no lie threw my book into the doorway and my girlfriend at the time happened to be walking in right then and got smacked in the shoulder with my fury...that book hit her hard as shyt...and it started a random ass argument

so fukk Martin for that death and fukk him again for making me get in an argument I didn't want to get in

but I've said before...if Martin dares to kill Arya or Tyrion...I'm not responsible for my rage.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Red Wedding happened and i no lie threw my book into the doorway and my girlfriend at the time happened to be walking in right then and got smacked in the shoulder with my fury...that book hit her hard as shyt...and it started a random ass argument

so fukk Martin for that death and fukk him again for making me get in an argument I didn't want to get in

but I've said before...if Martin dares to kill Arya or Tyrion...I'm not responsible for my rage.

Yeah this dude definately has balls when it comes to telling a story. He has no qualms over killing off an established/mian character. The RW was definately a huge surprise, I mean you knew that old salty dude was gonna pull something, but that:merchant:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Arya might be safe for the entire series. Somewhere in this thread I think someone reported that GRRM's wife stated that she would never forgive George if he killed of Arya off. :russ:

But I'm still not sure of anybody's fate after reading the Red Wedding.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I want to read the red wedding chapter but that shyt has me :to: before I even open the book
Not my hair.... Ned loves my hair

tumblr_lu6hvzF89i1qcx0cu.gif

I just finished this chapter again.

I know seeing this on tv will have a nikka in full :to: mode

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
fukk a Greyjoy :pacspit:

if Theon woulda stayed loyal to the nikkas that kept him alive, fed him, showed him how to fight and hunt, and dress he'd be back in Winterfell, poppin bottles with Robb, knee deep in whores cuz Robb woulda won that war and none of that fukkery in Harrenhall woulda happened.

No he had to get all but hurt about his bytch ass daddy, Theon shoulda been knew that he woulda had NO shot at the Iron Island as long as Victarion and Asha were still alive. Let alone Euron.

I hate bytchass theon :pacspit:now he don't even have a dikk to fuc bytches:heh::salute:To Ramsay Bolton.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Why y'all gotta bring up the RW again :sadcam:

I think the thing that hit me the hardest was that Arya was so damn close :to:

I mean Robb & Catelyn... They were certified players in the game of thrones, the Freys and Tywin were FOUL for what they pulled off but it's war. Arya was just a kid looking for her family y'all :to:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Why y'all gotta bring up the RW again :sadcam:

I think the thing that hit me the hardest was that Arya was so damn close :to:

I mean Robb & Catelyn... They were certified players in the game of thrones, the Freys and Tywin were FOUL for what they pulled off but it's war. Arya was just a kid looking for her family y'all :to:

give or take 10 more minutes and she woulda died too :to:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
The RW was def the harshest thing I've ever read in a book. I was kinda expectig Rob to die but the way they did em was :huhldup:. You see side characters with 2-3 lines get less brutal deaths than that. But GRM went in that hard on 2 of his main chars. Thats what made the whole thing so shocking :whew:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Just finished a dance with Dragons and Now I am firmly with Stannis and Jon Snow. Stannis because he is trying to unite the north against the south and showing he will not give up. Jon because he is the only smart motherfukker left on the wall. Everyone wants to leave the wildlings out there but he knows that will only give his true enemy more numbers. It is obvious the north is the only one who can fight the Others because the southern fighters can not survive winter. And what do the Night Watch do? Instead of realizing that hey John got a great a idea and lets build up our army to fight they stab him up because they don't like the way he runs thing. I want the others to fukk them up now.

I geuss the next book will have the wildlings side with Jon and take out the rest of the night watch and become the new watch when it is over.