A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Why would they send in Lancel? I thought he was hurt?

Hurt? He's a part of the Warrior's Son now (Knights for the Faith). nikka been fasting and on his born again Christian steeze but I don't think he's hurt anymore. He was part of the squad that had Cersei do that walk of shame. He seemed alright.

Now his zealot ass going to get cleaved in two :pachaha:

If Sandor does show up for the trial as the Faiths champion he's gonna die too. It's in the Tyrell's interest that Cersei wins her trial. If the Faith's champion wins then Tyrell/Lannister taking a major L and for the sake of storytelling I don't think that's gonna happen yet since Doran Martell sent his elite to King's Landing to infiltrate the Council and the Faith. :yeshrug:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Hurt? He's a part of the Warrior's Son now (Knights for the Faith). nikka been fasting and on his born again Christian steeze but I don't think he's hurt anymore. He was part of the squad that had Cersei do that walk of shame. He seemed alright.

If Sandor does show up for the trial as the Faiths champion he's gonna die too. It's in the Tyrell's interest that Cersei wins her trial. If the Faith's champion wins then Tyrell/Lannister taking a major L and for the sake of storytelling I don't think that's gonna happen yet since Doran Martell sent his elite to King's Landing to infiltrate the Council and the Faith. :yeshrug:

If Lancel goes in he is going to die dude was not a good sword fighter. Though i could see him going agaisnt the Tyrell's if Cersei gets in his ear since his father is now dead.

Who did Doran send to infiltrate?

Damn that is why i like George Martian books if you re read you pick up so much shyt. :mindblown:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If Lancel goes in he is going to die dude was not a good sword fighter. Though i could see him going agaisnt the Tyrell's if Cersei gets in his ear since his father is now dead.

Who did Doran send to infiltrate?

Damn that is why i like George Martian books if you re read you pick up so much shyt. :mindblown:

Lancel is a zealot now so Cersei can't manipulate him. As for being a weak fighter, if he does jump in to fight RS I don't think he'll be doing it thinking his hot shyt enough to beat RS. I think he's going to do it for atonement or some type of reason for self-punishment.

Doran sent the Sand Snakes on separate missions. Nymeria Sand is taking the Dorne seat on the Small Council (the one Red Viper had). Tyene Sand is going to the Faith disguised as a Septa to get close the High Septon. Obara is distracting Ser Balon Swann (who was on a mission for Cersei) with the hunt for Dark Star. Sarella Sand is undercover as Alleras (spell that backwards) learning at the Citadel.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

right right...they were gonna marry dude of to some chick in the river lands and dude, gave his life to God(s) :ohhh:

That walk of shame chapter was just brutal, i was reading it thinking..."man if i was a bytch reading this my life would just be fukked up right now.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
  • At the 25% point of A Dance with Dragons.
  • Lol at Reek being tortured and having only 3 fingers...fuk him
  • Finally found out what lead to Jon Snow being...well, Jon Snow
  • Can't wait to see the depiction of Coldhands on the series, but gotta wait years for it smh
  • Everyone seems to be flocking to Daenerys but I'm still not feeling her completely since everyone is depicting her as the savior, I know George Martin and his shocking twists.
  • Not feeling stannis either. As long as Mislandrei(sp?) is there I cant rep him. So basically im still not taking sides on a king/queen. My banners are still unchosen.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
  • Can't wait to see the depiction of Coldhands on the series, but gotta wait years for it smh
  • Everyone seems to be flocking to Daenerys but I'm still not feeling her completely since everyone is depicting her as the savior, I know George Martin and his shocking twists.
  • Not feeling stannis either. As long as Mislandrei(sp?) is there I cant rep him. So basically im still not taking sides on a king/queen. My banners are still unchosen.

you can be a sellsword and rep the house of Bronn. Dude did end up being the lord of Storkworth. :obama:

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
you can be a sellsword and rep the house of Bronn. Dude did end up being the lord of Storkworth. :obama:

• Crazy that you say that. I had a crazy ass SoF&I dream while reading a Feast of Crows. Was in the Throne Room at kings landing with hella people there. I was part of a brotherhood that all dressed like assasins creed cats:scheme:. Jamie Lannister(who had 2 hands) was trying to convince us to join his cause. Tommon sat on the throne and said nothing. Some people were on trial for something(dreams are rarely clear and bounce around). Weird tho, I could sense myself not wanting to fight Jamie one on one:whoa: which is strange cause in my dreams im bold as fukk. Jamie ends up stabbing some random person, then all hell breaks lose and I end up murking 3 gold cloaks then my alarm goes off for work:snoop:
  • Was tripping on that shyt all day that day at work cause I never dreamed of being in a book ive read. Felt like a Warg lol
  • Anybody else have A Song of Fire and Ice dream while reading the books?

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY

You know Ramsay castrated Reek too right?

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....

We riding for House Stark
The true king Jon Stark-Targaryen
The dead king of the north - The Young Wolf
The faceless women - Arya
The future ruler of Winterfell Sansa
The new bloodraven - Bran

Game-Of-Thrones-Direwolves-Sigil-Logo-davesgeekyideas.png

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
So when is The Winds of Winter coming out brehs. Is 2014 a realistic date? :noah:

hell no

you see how long the breaks were between the books he has written. A game of thrones came out in 96 and A dance with Dragons came out in 2011.

We will be lucky if we get the winds of winter by the time the show catches up with A dance with dragons/A feast of crows.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I don't understand why one of Karstarks just don't drop the Kar and become the new Stark of winterfell.

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
You know Ramsay castrated Reek too right?

• yea, smh at me reading that along with a lot of other shyt here before I read it in the books
  • This book is flowing fast since it has all my favorite characters in it to read about. Well, minus Daenarys long ass prolonged story. But I feel this book should be interesting in regards to her since everyone is flocking to her legend. Her stock is high as hell. She should got everyone in Easteros to crush the buildings in westeros. Shyt would be epic and the West wouldnt see it coming with all the shyt they have going on
  • Hollllllddddd up. Ok, so I missed something brehs. Xaro Xhoan Daxos in the series was trapped in the room with one of Danys females. But in A Clash of Kings he wasnt. How did I miss that. I just read that Chapter and it through me off. SMH at me watching season 2 before I read it. So I wonder how they will play that out or they might just skip it.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
  • yea, smh at me reading that along with a lot of other shyt here before I read it in the books
  • This book is flowing fast since it has all my favorite characters in it to read about. Well, minus Daenarys long ass prolonged story. But I feel this book should be interesting in regards to her since everyone is flocking to her legend. Her stock is high as hell. She should got everyone in Easteros to crush the buildings in westeros. Shyt would be epic and the West wouldnt see it coming with all the shyt they have going on
  • Hollllllddddd up. Ok, so I missed something brehs. Xaro Xhoan Daxos in the series was trapped in the room with one of Danys females. But in A Clash of Kings he wasnt. How did I miss that. I just read that Chapter and it through me off. SMH at me watching season 2 before I read it. So I wonder how they will play that out or they might just skip it.

They might bring him back or leave Qurath out of it entirely when they reach A dance with dragons in the show.