A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I'm wondering how is the show going to show Battle of the Blackwater. since so much stuff seems to come down to budget, dont know how there going to film all the ships and wildfire.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
And am i the only one who liked cersei chapters in AFFC. I thought she was almost up there with varis and littlefinger with her scheming but you find out shes out her damn mind

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I really hate how incompetent GRRM made Cersei. I know I'm biased because I'm a woman but godd...Cersei's arch infuriates me.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I really hate how incompetent GRRM made Cersei. I know I'm biased because I'm a woman but godd...Cersei's arch infuriates me.
I don't know if she was necessarily incompetent. Not everyone is told prophecies of how they and their children are going to die. That knowledge kind of influenced her actions (plus the whole getting replaced by a more beautiful queen part). Once Joffrey died her paranoia went through the roof mixed with her grief. That said, I know a lot of women feel GRRM is kind of sexist.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
And am i the only one who liked cersei chapters in AFFC. I thought she was almost up there with varis and littlefinger with her scheming but you find out shes out her damn mind
i really liked her chapters, but I never thought she was that cunning. She always seemed like a one move player with a lot of power, but she was around a bunch of 3 move players (tyrion, Littlefinger, Varys) who were always way ahead of her. More of a raging bull than a scheming fox.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Cersei is cunning but she lets her emotions influence her decisions far too much.

Just like most women:lolbron:

She's made some ridiculously dumb moves, spurning allies and telling the bank of bravos to go away etc.

Can't remember who said it but the line "Tyrion is Tywins son" or something like that, in that he's the one with the true cunning is accurate. And despite Tywin more or less hating Tyrion, even he realised this(making him hand in his absence etc).

Although you can see Jaime coming in to his own in AFFC, getting shyt done all Tywin like.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Cersei is cunning but she lets her emotions influence her decisions far too much.

Just like most women:lolbron:

She's made some ridiculously dumb moves, spurning allies and telling the bank of bravos to go away etc.

Can't remember who said it but the line "Tyrion is Tywins son" or something like that, in that he's the one with the true cunning is accurate. And despite Tywin more or less hating Tyrion, even he realised this(making him hand in his absence etc).

Although you can see Jaime coming in to his own in AFFC, getting shyt done all Tywin like.

jamies a G man, that dude is like tyrion with a sword. My favorite character hands down, i really hope daenarys doesnnt have him killed for being the kingslayer when she gets back to westeros :sadbron:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
jamies a G man, that dude is like tyrion with a sword. My favorite character hands down, i really hope daenarys doesnnt have him killed for being the kingslayer when she gets back to westeros :sadbron:

It might be curtains for Jamie in the next book for all we know.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Brehs I'm up on the TV Show, but i wanna start reading the books. Should i start from the beginning of the first book?

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Could never fukk with audiobooks. Weird narrators and it's hard to pay attention.

Just read, man.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Would audiobooks work? Thats a whole lotta shyt to read :sadbron:

trust me, you'll be sunked into it and youll finish the first 5 books in less than 2 months. Everyone i know that reads it say they cant put it down once they start, its THAT good

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
i'm almost done clash of kings. this is just the appetizer for when i get to a storm of swords :eat:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
i'm almost done clash of kings. this is just the appetizer for when i get to a storm of swords :eat:

By the end of SOS you'll be like

1311535544551.gif