A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
:comeon: You do know your homegirl Melisandre is not too far from the site Jon Snow got killed right?

And two people who were supposed to be deader than dead got revived by a Rhllor priest.

:ufdup:

Jon Snow turned down Mellisandres offer for help just like he turned down Stannis offer of Winterfell both proving to be huge mistakes why should she help him now???

King Stannis has said it before and I will post it here so yall dont forget"The Iron Throne Is Mine By Rights. All Who Oppose Are My Foes.":steviej:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Ned was too stupid to even realize what was going on around him. So is Stannis.

The only thing Ned didn't count on was the littlefinger betrayal. Also no one thought Joffery was crazy enough to kill Ned which would have not started a war in the first place.

And Stannis don't know whats going on? Let's ask Renly.

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
nikkas still ridin for Stannis

Ned was riding for Stannis. :smugdraper:

:salute:

right

Stannis was doomed the minute he raised his banners....thats the funny thing about Stannis. This staunch, no nonsense, by the books guy who is convinced of his own fate...and the reader already knows his days are numbered

What the fukk are you talking about days are already numbered? EVERYONES DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!!!:facepalm:

Real recognizes real

Ned and Stannis would rather die than not keep it real.

They dont get that though. I said it before and I will say it again Stannis is the last of a dying breed in westeros:myman:

He's literally got nothing going for him

Melisandre's even about to disown him. His best option would be to die in the cold somewhere cus he has 0 power at this point. Nobody gives a fukk about Stannis anymore :scusthov:.

Yea Stannis will get thrown in the weirwoods the moment Melisandre brings Snow back. All she seems to care about is finding the real Azor Ahai and she'll realize her flames misguided her once that happens.

Sucks for Stannis because he lost 92 ships, had to fall back into a snow storm, and now his bottom bytch is about to leave him for some young buck. Cole world no hearth fire.

Ned was too stupid to even realize what was going on around him. So is Stannis.

Lost 92 ships had to fall back

:stopitslime:

I take it some of you have not read his sample from TWOW yet so Im not going to go that hard so read this then tell me Stannis aint got nothing going for himself

However, an excerpt from the upcoming novel The Winds of Winter shows Stannis alive and aware of House Karstark's intentions to betray him to Roose Bolton; Stannis has the Karstarks arrested and plans to execute them, though whether they are burned or beheaded depends on their willingness to confess. He has accepted a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos and will use the money to hire mercenaries from the Free Cities, who will place Shireen on the throne if Stannis dies. He also plans to execute Theon Greyjoy, another captive of his, to appease his northern allies who want Theon dead for the murders of Bran and Rickon Stark.

"Lost 92 ships had to fall back/Re-upped with the Iron Bank got em all back":skip:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What the fukk are you talking about days are already numbered? EVERYONES DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!!!:facepalm:

You know what it means....dont get me wrong i like Stannis but he's gonna die...too much is against him, he can't go to Kings Landing, the Wildlings have no love for him nor do the Watch, Dany gon come with dem dragons and when Jon is revived as the true lord of light its over for Stannis

even Melisandre is about to throw him in the bushes

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Jon Snow turned down Mellisandres offer for help just like he turned down Stannis offer of Winterfell both proving to be huge mistakes why should she help him now???

But then Melisandre saw Jon Snow when she ask for Azor Ahai while doing her divination shyt....

What was that about? :thinking:

Do I even have to ask? :beli:

All Mel needs is curiosity and she's off to reviving Snow. Then it's Stannis in the bushes.

Of course that's before he deals some kind of justice to the Boltons and some Freys. Then a tragic death is in order.:umad:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
:salute:

They dont get that though. I said it before and I will say it again Stannis is the last of a dying breed in westeros:myman:

:stopitslime:

I take it some of you have not read his sample from TWOW yet so Im not going to go that hard so read this then tell me Stannis aint got nothing going for himself

However, an excerpt from the upcoming novel The Winds of Winter shows Stannis alive and aware of House Karstark's intentions to betray him to Roose Bolton; Stannis has the Karstarks arrested and plans to execute them, though whether they are burned or beheaded depends on their willingness to confess. He has accepted a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos and will use the money to hire mercenaries from the Free Cities, who will place Shireen on the throne if Stannis dies. He also plans to execute Theon Greyjoy, another captive of his, to appease his northern allies who want Theon dead for the murders of Bran and Rickon Stark.

"Lost 92 ships had to fall back/Re-upped with the Iron Bank got em all back":skip:

All that means is he's gonna cop a few sellswords and ships. By the time he re-ups there'll be at least 2 more challengers for the throne.

Stannis is more :flabbynsick: than ever...not to mention Melisandre drained his life force twice to kill Renly and Balon. It's a wrap for Struggle Stannis.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
The only thing Ned didn't count on was the littlefinger betrayal. Also no one thought Joffery was crazy enough to kill Ned which would have not started a war in the first place.

And Stannis don't know whats going on? Let's ask Renly.

:what:

Everybody knew that boy was off. Also the fact that Stannis gave a single fukk about Renly showed that he is stupid. Renly was never a threat to anybody but Stannis decided to focus on him rather than people in actual positions of power.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

Everybody knew that boy was off. Also the fact that Stannis gave a single fukk about Renly showed that he is stupid. Renly was never a threat to anybody but Stannis decided to focus on him rather than people in actual positions of power.

no they didn't everyone was shocked by what he did even Cercsi.

And Renly didn't wasn't a threat? He was coming for the crown and it wasn't his turn. After all Robert and Stannis did for the boy and this is how you treat family. Stannis was taking care of his house first before he went about taming the 7 kingdoms as good ruler would do.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
The Iron Bank isn't shyt compared to Dragons, the Others, and all the gold in Casterly Rock. Those excerpts put him in the same position we already knew he was in after ADWD. Stannis has no power.

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall

Im sorry Im done this dude said that Renly was no threat to anyone when he had the power of the Tyrells and most of the Baratheon Power as well since you all well know they claimed for Renly even though BY RIGHTS their allegiance should have been to Stannis.

I will agree the Lannisters may not have taken Stannis seriously before but believe me THEY WANTED NO PARTS OF RENLY OR HIGHGARDEN

Yall nyggas aint serious just trying to get me hot you get an E for Effort but thats about it with this revisionist shyt:dry:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
no they didn't everyone was shocked by what he did even Cercsi.

And Renly didn't wasn't a threat? He was coming for the crown and it wasn't his turn. After all Robert and Stannis did for the boy and this is how you treat family. Stannis was taking care of his house first before he went about taming the 7 kingdoms as good ruler would do.

Now that I think about it, that execution was probably Littlefinger's work more than anyone else'. Cersei was only shocked because he went against what she told him to do, not because he acted like a crazy little cac. Renly was busy having little parties on the road instead of making any sort of moves to bring himself on top. The only good strategy he employed was aligning himself with the Tyrells but that had more to do with him being a little fakkit than him being a wise strategist. Nobody was sweatin Renly's fruity ass accept for Stannis and that was because Stannis goes by a strict code of conduct even if it's a detriment to his long term plans. In other words, he's stupid.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Im sorry Im done this dude said that Renly was no threat to anyone when he had the power of the Tyrells and most of the Baratheon Power as well since you all well know they claimed for Renly even though BY RIGHTS their allegiance should have been to Stannis.

I will agree the Lannisters may not have taken Stannis seriously before but believe me THEY WANTED NO PARTS OF RENLY OR HIGHGARDEN

Yall nyggas aint serious just trying to get me hot you get an E for Effort but thats about it with this revisionist shyt:dry:

Renly was never serious about being a ruler he was too busy being a pretty boy and trying to get everybody to love him by having feasts and tournaments and other bullshyt. He was never about that life :birdman:, he just wanted to fukk Loras and be liked by everybody. That's why he was marching so slowly, he didn't actually want to get involved in the fight.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Now that I think about it, that execution was probably Littlefinger's work more than anyone else'. Cersei was only shocked because he went against what she told him to do, not because he acted like a crazy little cac. Renly was busy having little parties on the road instead of making any sort of moves to bring himself on top. The only good strategy he employed was aligning himself with the Tyrells but that had more to do with him being a little fakkit than him being a wise strategist. Nobody was sweatin Renly's fruity ass accept for Stannis and that was because Stannis goes by a strict code of conduct even if it's a detriment to his long term plans. In other words, he's stupid.

so you would follow a leader who has no morals and only look out for themselves? Stannis does what is right and you better be ready to pay the price. And he needed Renly's forces. remember he spilt the alliances to there house when Renly made that power move.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
All that means is he's gonna cop a few sellswords and ships. By the time he re-ups there'll be at least 2 more challengers for the throne.

Stannis is more :flabbynsick: than ever...not to mention Melisandre drained his life force twice to kill Renly and Balon. It's a wrap for Struggle Stannis.

And dem sellswords are gonna be wack and canon fodder. :pachaha:

The best sellswords to have on your side are the Golden Company who's already riding with Prince Aegon through a blood binding contract.

And the other set of sellswords who are about their shyt are the Second Sons looking to join up with Dany.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
so you would follow a leader who has no morals and only look out for themselves? Stannis does what is right and you better be ready to pay the price. And he needed Renly's forces. remember he spilt the alliances to there house when Renly made that power move.

This isn't about who I would follow this is about who's actually gonna come out on top. Stannis has a 0% chance of claiming the Iron Throne.