A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MF DRUGS

Rookie
Daps
Big Walder and Little Walder aren't in the show either.

One question, do y'all think that Coldhands, the wight that got Bran and the Reeds to cave, is Benjen? I think so, since it's just assumed that he was killed when he never returned.

I think he is but I want see how it's going to play out with bran going beyond the wall with meera and Jojen being written out. Just hodor and bran beyond the wall?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I think he is but I want see how it's going to play out with bran going beyond the wall with meera and Jojen being written out. Just hodor and bran beyond the wall?

Right, I'm wondering how they're going to split up Bran and Rickon. No way Osha lets those 2 go off by themselves with just Summer for protection.

:ooh:<---this smiley is the shyt lmao, I'm just seeing this

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston

I read that meera and her bro are being introduced next season...How? :yeshrug:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Finished ADWD the other day.

Gawd damn Dany, will you go to westeros already:what:

I better not have to wait 7 years to read another book of her walking the dothraki sea with a different Khal:damn:

Although her last chapter would indicate she's got Drogon under control.

Don't even talk to me about Jon Snow:to:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
What's funny is she was waiting for them to get bigger to re-take the Seven Kingdoms but once they got loose they took over Mereen(or wherever she is) without her direction. Them nikkas just chilling in them pyramids like it's all good.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Any of you ever read the detailed recaps on Westeros.com?

Their GREAT and do all the work for you on exactly what changed, etc. from the books.

I do love reading their recaps after each episode but good God they're such book purists it's disgusting.

Where's the love for Barristan the Bold? Dude's the most badass character in the series, old man just destroying star Pit Fighters in ADWD :smugdraper:

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The deviations from the book don't bother me too much, especially since I read A Clash of Kings like 10 years ago so I have trouble remembering exactly what happened.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
yeah I think some deviations are important...if they tried to fit in EVERYTHING they couldn't do a whole book in one season of television...just too much information

I didn't mind the dragon stealing switch-up...Dany's story is rather drawn out in Clash of Kings, so this was probably just a mechanism to speed it towards its conclusion

and also we should be meeting Ramsay soon I would assume that's coming in the next episode or two right?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
yeah I think some deviations are important...if they tried to fit in EVERYTHING they couldn't do a whole book in one season of television...just too much information

I didn't mind the dragon stealing switch-up...Dany's story is rather drawn out in Clash of Kings, so this was probably just a mechanism to speed it towards its conclusion

and also we should be meeting Ramsay soon I would assume that's coming in the next episode or two right?

Right, Roose offered to have him take Winterfell back after Robb and Catelyn read that letter.

I wanna see how this is going to work. It was Ramsey that Arya was the cupbearer for in the book right? Did the Boltons switch sides before or after the Red Wedding? Of course Roose was already doing his own thing by then anyway.

And :merchant: @MN Fats reading that book 10 years ago. That shyt would kill me man.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Right, Roose offered to have him take Winterfell back after Robb and Catelyn read that letter.

I wanna see how this is going to work. It was Ramsey that Arya was the cupbearer for in the book right? Did the Boltons switch sides before or after the Red Wedding? Of course Roose was already doing his own thing by then anyway.

And :merchant: @MN Fats reading that book 10 years ago. That shyt would kill me man.

Technically he switched sides before, since there's no way the Wedding could have been orchestrated without his own help.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps

nah, arya was a cupbearer for roose at harrenhal not ramsay...he was posing as "reek" with theon @ winterfell

and as far as the boltons switching sides...it was before the red wedding, roose was holding harrenhal for the starks and when he saw robbs war was lost he switched sides. Thats why he released jamie and sent him back to kings landing after the bloody mummers captured him

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Am I the only one that found it funny they made Jaime dyslexic in the show? I don't remember that from the books and it just seems random as hell.

I thought Coldhands was Benjen as well, but the children of the forest say he's been around for a long time and a long time for them would have to be a very long time.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
nah, arya was a cupbearer for roose at harrenhal not ramsay...he was posing as "reek" with theon @ winterfell

and as far as the boltons switching sides...it was before the red wedding, roose was holding harrenhal for the starks and when he saw robbs war was lost he switched sides. Thats why he released jamie and sent him back to kings landing after the bloody mummers captured him

Yeah I meant Roose when talking about Arya.

Thanks for clearing up the rest of that.