A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah, same here. Thanks breh. I'm gonna buy the first book tomorrow.

I think the series is excellent but it does start off slow and it isn't a page turner.
There is a lot of philosophical, deep thinking conversation and inner monologue.
I enjoy it, since it's actually written intelligently. However if you want something more fast paced I'd say stick with First Law or try the Kingkiller Chronicles by Rothfuss. That one is probably my favorite out of the bunch, as far as pure entertainment value and really not being able to put the book down similar to how I was with ASOIAF.
Bakker's books are more thinking man's stuff so it does get slow at times.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I think the series is excellent but it does start off slow and it isn't a page turner.
There is a lot of philosophical, deep thinking conversation and inner monologue.
I enjoy it, since it's actually written intelligently. However if you want something more fast paced I'd say stick with First Law or try the Kingkiller Chronicles by Rothfuss. That one is probably my favorite out of the bunch, as far as pure entertainment value and really not being able to put the book down similar to how I was with ASOIAF.
Bakker's books are more thinking man's stuff so it does get slow at times.

Yeah, I see Bakker is a philosophy scholar. So he must spit that knowledge in the books.

I've heard of the Kingkiller Chronicles as well but I left it alone for the time being because from what I've heard of it. It's a guy telling a story about his days to a scribe and that it is in first person narration. I read first person books but sometimes I feel like I have to be in the mood to do so.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
just got my book set in the mail today

holy fukk these things have alot of pages. they gunna keep me busy for a while

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Rearrange the letters in Daenerys Targaryen and you'll get A Dysentery Ranger....... :ohhh:

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
I bumped this thread because I want dto copy an old post of mine for another thread and looking through this thread I see I set the bar high for stanning stannis some of my best posts were done in this thread:lawd:

I will continue to let everyone know about the true king and lord of light Stannis Baratheon of House Baratheon Azor Ahai reborn,the king of the andals and the first men and protector of the realm.

Your Welcome

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I bumped this thread because I want dto copy an old post of mine for another thread and looking through this thread I see I set the bar high for stanning stannis some of my best posts were done in this thread:lawd:

I will continue to let everyone know about the true king and lord of light Stannis Baratheon of House Baratheon Azor Ahai reborn,the king of the andals and the first men and protector of the realm.

Your Welcome

:salute:

the only true King with any sense of Justice and Fairness. This mas was endorsed by Ned Stark the last honorable man in the seven kingdoms. I to bend the knee to Stannis Baratheon

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
:salute:

the only true King with any sense of Justice and Fairness. This mas was endorsed by Ned Stark the last honorable man in the seven kingdoms. I to bend the knee to Stannis Baratheon

:wow:

You get it

You sir are a wise man and the lord of light welcomes you with open arms its not hard to see but for some they would rather walk in the dark than embrace the light:ohlawd:

Welcome Brother:cheers:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Stannis would hang both of you goons for one reason or another.

Stannis Bratheon is honorable man and if i incurred his wrath it would be because i deserved it. In all his wisdom and mercy he elevated Davos and took his fingers for his crimes. A fair trade for a former criminal.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Stannis Bratheon is honorable man and if i incurred his wrath it would be because i deserved it. In all his wisdom and mercy he elevated Davos and took his fingers for his crimes. A fair trade for a former criminal.

:usure: Let's not forget what he did to Cortnay Penrose and what he would have let Melisandre do with Edric Storm.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
:usure: Let's not forget what he did to Cortnay Penrose and what he would have let Melisandre do with Edric Storm.

damn i got to read the books again forgot what happened to Cortnay. But Stannis keeps a good man around him to keep him from going to far. And he listens to reason.........sometimes.