A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i might be crazy for even thinking this but..

am i the only one that thinks stannis will bow down to the targaryens if he sees their still alive with dragons? he said it himself it was hard for him to turn into a rebel and support his brother, and hes only doing what hes doing because the iron throne goes to him after robert...but if the true heirs come thru with dragons, i think he would lay down his sword and bend the knee...sounds crazy i know cause stannis is a triple OG but idk i just got that crazy feeling

Also i think hes going to be the one to kill ramsay snow...if there was anyone out there that would give ramsay a death he deserved its stannis

I've wondered that myself the problem is that I wonder how Melisandre would react to that? She was trying to get Stannis to raise dragons by burning people with "King's blood".

Dany already has Dragons. Mel just made Stannis look like a jackass. Stannis probably would bend the knee, unless he wants his own self and his army done over well done...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I've wondered that myself the problem is that I wonder how Melisandre would react to that? She was trying to get Stannis to raise dragons by burning people with "King's blood".

Dany already has Dragons. Mel just made Stannis look like a jackass. Stannis probably would bend the knee, unless he wants his own self and his army done over well done...

:rudy: you know good and damn well Stannis aint bout to bend the knee to NOBODY son.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps

i think at the end of the day stannis would throw melisandre in the bushes, especially when he finds out hes not really azor ashair and hes just been looking like a dikkhead the whole time...she might end up gravitating to jon snow :ehh:

:rudy: you know good and damn well Stannis aint bout to bend the knee to NOBODY son.

what other choice does he have tho? he can keep his honor and strict code by bending the knee and going back to the position he was in originally, but when he goes up against daenarys the people of westeros might look at him as the "rebel" and i dont think he wants to be in that position..who knows tho, this 6th book cant get here any faster..i envy the tv show producers cause they know how everything is suppose to go down :damn:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I don't think Stannis believes that Azor Azhai business any way. It's been hinted quite a few times. First there's the scene in Clash where Stannis says he doesn't believe in any gods. Then everytime Mel brings up him being Azor Azhai he gets very uncomfortable.
But all of them seemed surprised to hear Maester Aemon murmur, “It is the war for the dawn you speak of, my lady. But where is the prince that was promised?”
“He stands before you,” Melisandre declared, “though you do not have the eyes to see. Stannis Baratheon is Azor Ahai come again, the warrior of fire. In him the prophecies are fulfilled. The red comet blazed across the sky to herald his coming, and he bears Lightbringer, the red sword of heroes.”
Her words seemed to make the king desperately uncomfortable, Sam saw.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
:shaq2: You keep saying false pretenders and blah blah blah. That nikkas swords is fake he ain't nobody, dude got debunked by an old blind nikka for fukks sake. Only reason why Melisandre saw him in her fires is because he's just a GPS waypoint.

Same with how Moqorro who has been way more adept at prophecies saw Victarion in his own fires and is now using him to get to Dany.

I bet Stannis plotline is to wreck dem Boltons once that's done he's getting clipped.

First off Stannis is the last of the Baratheons(fukk them b*stards out there)so dont think that Mr Martin is in any rush to get rid of him.Stannis represents everything just and right in a time where law and integrity are an afterthought.Like I have said plenty of times before Ned Stark WHO ALL OF YOU LOVE lost his head doing the right thing which was handing the Iron Throne to its rightful heir but since its Stannis motherfukkers want to change the rules thats bullshyt and you will see in the end.:jawalrus:

Melisandre is a dumb bytch who doesn't know how to read the fires. Moqorro is the only one who knows what's up. And he knows Dany is the savior. Though he may be wrong, cus R'Hollor's been sending Melisandre visions of Jon Snow but she's been too dumb to figure out that Jon Snow could be the Prince That Was Promised.

Be careful breh the night is dark and full of terrors trust me you dont want it with her:usure:

Stannis is gonna get the business :what:

The Lord of Light is Jon Snow The b*stard of Winterfell, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Heir to the Seat of Winterfell, and The True King in the North :ufdup:

:snooze:

Come on breh The b*stard of Winterfell had an opportunity to become legit with one move he could have got down with the winning team of Team Stannis become the legit heir of winterfell but he wants to hold on to the nights watch so let him freeze his ass off on the wall.

King of the north?Heir to winterfell?Im taking it back to 3rd grade and hitting you with the five W's:

Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why do you think Jon Snow deserves those titles and with what army is he taking Winterfell?He already got the Poke-mon treamtent:gladbron:

I wonder how dude is going to react when Stannis dies or doesn't even get the Iron Throne at all. I think I'm anticipating his reaction more than the ending to the series :russ:
:ehh:

If its one thing I know is I can recognize greatness quickly in others and reading about Stannis Baratheon gives me the same feeling I have just like when I would see Tim Duncan in his prime and Adrian Peterson now.

Real recognize Real as the kids say and Stannis looks real familiar...

he just might commit that :scusthov:

cuz we all know stannis is just weeding out the sociopaths so them 3 dragons can come thru

Nah you wrong Stannis is going to deal with them Boltons and Freys then make his way to kings landing to avenge his defeat now that Tywin Lannister is dead and Tyrion aint there who is going to be the brains of any military action there Cersei?Kevan Lannis...oops ummmm Varys maybe?

Kings landings is ripe for the taking

i might be crazy for even thinking this but..

am i the only one that thinks stannis will bow down to the targaryens if he sees their still alive with dragons? he said it himself it was hard for him to turn into a rebel and support his brother, and hes only doing what hes doing because the iron throne goes to him after robert...but if the true heirs come thru with dragons, i think he would lay down his sword and bend the knee...sounds crazy i know cause stannis is a triple OG but idk i just got that crazy feeling

Also i think hes going to be the one to kill ramsay snow...if there was anyone out there that would give ramsay a death he deserved its stannis

Yeah I stopped reading after that let me ask you this Im going to assume you have read all the books so far what part of bending the knee and Stannis Baratheon go together?You got it backwards the Danerys and Aegon will bend the knee when they see Stannis with the North and the Iron bank of Braavos behind him you cats are really underestimating how BIG this connection is going to make Stannis.

The Iron Bank has put people in power before and they recognize Stannis claim to the throne and I dont think banks like to make bad investments they see who has the best chance in the race and they know just like I know Stannis Baratheon is the one true king :ahhh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Iron Bank, Iron wank and it doesn't guarantee that Stannis will make it. Everyone has got their trump cards. Once Stannis gets clipped the Iron Bank will find another viable investment.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Iron Bank, Iron wank and it doesn't guarantee that Stannis will make it. Everyone has got their trump cards. Once Stannis gets clipped the Iron Bank will find another viable investment.

:birdman:

I know the books are not coming out anytime soon but I just want to know what happens to Stannis does he die in the next book or is the prophecy fulfilled?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What are the Iron Bank's coins gonna do against dragons, flaming swords, and the Others :heh:

Stannis's cling to his "claim" will be his undoing. Dany, the Nights Watch, The Others, the Lannisters, and majority of Westeros dont give two shyts about his "claim".

His only advantage is that Stannis can actually FIGHT and so can his army. The Lannisters proved they have the largest, most financed, group of pussies this side of the Narrow Sea. No wildfire, Stannis takes Kings Landing. A 17 Year Old out commands and fights Tywin.

the lannisters keep proving that their minds for espionage and money are their advantages, cuz them nikkas CANNOT fight.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Stannis's cling to his "claim" will be his undoing. Dany, the Nights Watch, The Others, the Lannisters, and majority of Westeros dont give two shyts about his "claim".

His only advantage is that Stannis can actually FIGHT and so can his army. The Lannisters proved they have the largest, most financed, group of pussies this side of the Narrow Sea. No wildfire, Stannis takes Kings Landing. A 17 Year Old out commands and fights Tywin.

the lannisters keep proving that their minds for espionage and money are their advantages, cuz them nikkas CANNOT fight.
If Jaime was in top form and his heart was in it sure but yeah for the most part they ain't about that life. That Rains of Castamere shyt don't hold that much weight anymore.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm running out of things to talk about here. So I've been looking for a new book series to hold me down. Ran into The First Law series which I hear is pretty popular amongst ASoIaF fans. Gonna order the first book end of this week. Anyone heard of it and can vouch for it?

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question for those who read all the books so far...

I thought Stannis and his army lost at Winterfell already? And Jon Snow got got?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm running out of things to talk about here. So I've been looking for a new book series to hold me down. Ran into The First Law series which I hear is pretty popular amongst ASoIaF fans. Gonna order the first book end of this week. Anyone heard of it and can vouch for it?

i just went back to finish off the Dune series and hithickers guide to the galaxy series.

:whew: im fed

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Question for those who read all the books so far...

I thought Stannis and his army lost at Winterfell already? And Jon Snow got got?

Weeks after Stannis has departed for Winterfell, Jon receives a letter from Ramsay Bolton entitled 'b*stard,' which claims that Stannis has been defeated and Mance Rayder captured. It demands fealty from Jon to House Bolton if the Night's Watch is to survive.[19] Jon responds to this letter by relinquishing command of an impending ranging and announcing his intention to ride South against the Boltons. He does does not order the Night's Watch to fight with him, but asks both wildlings and black brothers alike to join him of their own volition. Jon's decision (which is in violation of his oaths) causes great discontent within the Watch's upper leadership; in the confusion resulting from Wun Wun's killing of Ser Patrek of King's Mountain, he is stabbed repeatedly by Bowen Marsh and other black brothers, who attack in tears while muttering "for the Watch". Whether or not Jon survives this attack is currently unknown.

Meanwhile Jon Snow learning of Arnolf Karstarks planned treachery from Arnolf's niece Alys sent a message to Stannis trying to warn him.

In the Siege of Winterfell he was allegedly killed along with most of his army as tauntingly reported to Jon Snow via a letter written by Ramsay Bolton.[26] His last known location is in a snowed in village 3 days west of Winterfell.[27][28][29] It was unknown, however, if Stannis is really dead, or if it was just a lie written by Ramsay.

According to the current High Septon (the so-called 'High Sparrow') Lord Stannis has turned from the truth of the Seven to worship a red demon, and his false faith has no place in the Seven Kingdoms.