A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Stannis would hang both of you goons for one reason or another.

:aicmon:

Stannis Bratheon is honorable man and if i incurred his wrath it would be because i deserved it. In all his wisdom and mercy he elevated Davos and took his fingers for his crimes. A fair trade for a former criminal.

Exactly I definitely had to do something to deserve it Stannis aint Joffrey and Aerys II just doing wild shyt just cause its Tuesday he is widely recognized by everyone as a just and fair man just dont fukk him over thats all:smugbiden:

:usure: Let's not forget what he did to Cortnay Penrose and what he would have let Melisandre do with Edric Storm.

Well Courtnay Penrose problem was he asked the true king to surrender when Stannis has the best claim of all that shyt was TREASON and if I was there I would have cut his tongue out right then and there for letting such falsehoods fly out of his mouth.

Edric Storm well thank Rhollor for Davos being there cause we would had a Crispy Bararheon b*stard and maybe Stannis has a dragon:ld:

Damn why didnt Davos let Melissadre cook Edric Stannis probably would have won the North with no problem by now:ohhh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Damn why didnt Davos let Melissadre cook Edric Stannis probably would have won the North with no problem by now:ohhh:

:snoop:

Melisandre was going to cook Edric to raise dragons. Which is something Dany already did a book before...

Edric would have gotten burnt for no reason because Mel is a tool.

Also Storm's End belonged to Renly Baratheon, and Cortnay was his castellan. It's not treason because he was loyal to Renly not Stannis.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
:snoop:

Melisandre was going to cook Edric to raise dragons. Which is something Dany already did a book before...

Also Storm's End belonged to Renly Baratheon, and Cortnay was his castellan. It's not treason because he was loyal to Renly not Stannis.

It is treason if you do not recognize your true King. The laws of secession are clear. Stannis supported his family when Robert started open rebellion. Stannis did what was asked of him to maintain the 7 kingdoms. Now that it is his turn to lead his brother stands up in open defiance? Wolves proclaim there own kingdom in the north! Stannis respects the rules of power and will lay his wraith on those who do not. Ask Renly :smugfavre:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm only rooting for Stannis to smash dem Boltons that's as for as my support will go. I don't want that nikka sitting that throne with that R'hllor agenda following him.

Lord of Light? :usure:

When Stannis dies I expect daps and yall to commit that. :smugfavre:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I'm only rooting for Stannis to smash dem Boltons that's as for as my support will go. I don't want that nikka sitting that throne with that R'hllor agenda following him.

Lord of Light? :usure:

Stannis is just and only using the lord of light as a means to an end. The 7 kingdoms belong to Stannis not anyone else.

If stannis dies it will be a sad day for all. :sadbron:

well not for Tommen that creature of incest is as good as dead.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Stannis is just and only using the lord of light as a means to an end. The 7 kingdoms belong to Stannis not anyone else.

If stannis dies it will be a sad day for all. :sadbron:

:whoa:

I thought it was established that might = right? :beli: So the 7 kingdoms belongs to no one. Nothing belongs to Stannis until he takes it.

Looking at him now he's in a poor position to do it as well. His Storm's End base got banked. Winter already came which will make marching hard as fukk. He doesn't have a male heir. That Iron Bank shyt ain't gonna help him. :yeshrug: Sellswords ain't shyt if they aren't the Golden Company who's already riding with Team Aegon VI and Varys with the possibility of Dorne coming through.

Stannis' purpose is to smash Boltons it's the only thing he can do right now and it's the only thing I'm rooting for. I don't see him taking the throne at all or it lasting under him :manny:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

I thought it was established that might = right? :beli: So the 7 kingdoms belongs to no one. Nothing belongs to Stannis until he takes it.

Looking at him now he's in a poor position to do it as well. His Storm's End base got banked. Winter already came which will make marching hard as fukk. He doesn't have a male heir. That Iron Bank shyt ain't gonna help him. :yeshrug: Sellswords ain't shyt if they aren't the Golden Company who's already riding with Team Aegon VI and Varys with the possibility of Dorne coming through.

Stannis' purpose is to smash Boltons it's the only thing he can do right now and it's the only thing I'm rooting for. I don't see him taking the throne at all or it lasting under him :manny:

Stannis does it because it is his duty and no else is worthy

"It is not a question of wanting. The throne is mine, as Robert's heir. That is law." -Stannis

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
[V]Stannis does it because it is his duty and no else is worthy[/B]

"It is not a question of wanting. The throne is mine, as Robert's heir. That is law." -Stannis

That doesn't mean he's going to take it. Like I said there's a lot working against him right now.

Since GRRM said the series will end on a bittersweet note and the fact that the White Walkers have yet to come.

:leostare: Are we even sure there will be an Iron Throne left?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
That doesn't mean he's going to take it. Like I said there's a lot working against him right now.

Since GRRM said the series will end on a bittersweet note and the fact that the White Walkers have yet to come.

:leostare: Are we even sure there will be an Iron Throne left?

You want a serious descussion?

I have not read the latest book yet so i am not sure where the story can go. More then likely though it seems like Danny will take over since she has the advantage with dragons and her army.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You want a serious descussion?

I have not read the latest book yet so i am not sure where the story can go. More then likely though it seems like Danny will take over since she has the advantage with dragons and her army.

:wtf:

My posts were laced with spoilers breh, why didn't you say so?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
:wtf:

My posts were laced with spoilers breh, why didn't you say so?

i read those spoilers for the last book along time ago so i don't mind.
plus with Martian books the real good stuff is in the details and not the overall plot.

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall

I thought he swore fealty to Stannis as soon as Renly died he suggested to Stannis that he should stop his war for the throne and kneel to Tommen.

You think Stannis is going to kneel to Tommen when the throne is his by rights:usure:

It is treason if you do not recognize your true King. The laws of secession are clear. Stannis supported his family when Robert started open rebellion. Stannis did what was asked of him to maintain the 7 kingdoms. Now that it is his turn to lead his brother stands up in open defiance? Wolves proclaim there own kingdom in the north! Stannis respects the rules of power and will lay his wraith on those who do not. Ask Renly :smugfavre:

But they dont hear you though....:snoop:

Lord of Light

:umad:

What team you riding with again?

If stannis dies it will be a sad day for all.

I mean Tommen is and would be the biggest puppet king of all the contenders for the throne he aint built for this he is a nice boy who just wants to play with his cats:smh:

Looking at him now he's in a poor position to do it as well. His Storm's End base got banked. Winter already came which will make marching hard as fukk. He doesn't have a male heir. That Iron Bank shyt ain't gonna help him. Sellswords ain't shyt if they aren't the Golden Company who's already riding with Team Aegon VI and Varys with the possibility of Dorne coming through.

Stannis' purpose is to smash Boltons it's the only thing he can do right now and it's the only thing I'm rooting for. I don't see him taking the throne at all or it lasting under h

Are we even sure there will be an Iron Throne left?

I understand you dont believe in the Lord of Light but understand I think you seriously underestimate what having a big war chest that being the Iron Bank getting down with the team.I dont want to spoil anything so
If you remember Dany conquered Mereen because she got them Unsullied motherfukkers.She then outlawed slavery so nobody else could get them:laugh:As soon as she left they started up again which is one of the main reasons of the war she is in. Stannis being able to get some real sellswords from out there is going to destroy them Boltons and whoever else thats in the way for the Iron Throne.

George Martin posted an excerpt from the Winds of Winter about Stannis on his site but Wikipedia sums it up perfectly

However, an excerpt from the upcoming novel The Winds of Winter shows Stannis alive and aware of House Karstark's intentions to betray him to Roose Bolton; Stannis has the Karstarks arrested and plans to execute them, though whether they are burned or beheaded depends on their willingness to confess. He has accepted a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos and will use the money to hire mercenaries from the Free Cities, who will place Shireen on the throne if Stannis dies. He also plans to execute Theon Greyjoy, another captive of his, to appease his northern allies who want Theon dead for the murders of Bran and Rickon Stark.[S 5] He is portrayed by Stephen Dillane in the HBO adaptation of the novels

Stannis does it because it is his duty and no else is worthy

:myman:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

What team you riding with again?

Team Snow nikka :childplease: He ain't dead!

Seriously though I'm actually not rooting for any team at the moment but I'm rooting for certain individuals like Snow, Jaime, and dem Stark boys you know like good ole' people who ain't down with burning people alive :yeshrug:

I realize all that fighting for the Iron Throne business is backdrop shyt. There's chaos everywhere and still nobody is ready for the White Walkers who can gang bang the realm at any moment. IMO the Iron Throne probably won't even survive the onslaught.

So Stannis Baratheon King of the Andals Lord of the blah blah all you want, y'all ain't converting me. Too many innocents got burned for this R'hllor business just :huhldup:

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Team Snow nikka :childplease: He ain't dead!

Seriously though I'm actually not rooting for any team at the moment but I'm rooting for certain individuals like Snow, Jaime, and dem Stark boys you know like good ole' people who ain't down with burning people alive :yeshrug:

I realize all that fighting for the Iron Throne business is backdrop shyt. There's chaos everywhere and still nobody is ready for the White Walkers who can gang bang the realm at any moment. IMO the Iron Throne probably won't even survive the onslaught.

So Stannis Baratheon King of the Andals Lord of the blah blah all you want, y'all ain't converting me. Too many innocents got burned for this R'hllor business just :huhldup:

First of your man got that work from his own team so fall back with all the "When Stannis dies I expect yall to commit that" your man for all intents and purposes is
Dead:heh:

Secondly you and the rest of you "Team Snow" pretenders should already bend the knee cause if it wasnt for Stannis coming thru when the Night Watch was fighting the Wildlings your man would have been the Lord of Bones new armor:weirdo:

I could understand cats that ride with Dany or the Lannister having beef with Stannis but yall Stark and Snow dudes are hustlin backwards Your OG Ned Stark died trying to do the right thing which was putting Stannis on the throne but yall wanna see the true king fail:dwillhuh:

Ned Stark was the last honorable Stark shoutout to @Neg Starkthough:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: