A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:damn: Naw! Hell naw! John is Ned's son! Martin better keep it that way..

Lot 80's

Last of the 80's.
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Does anyone have a link for A Clash of Kings audiobook? Damn near impossible to find, I'd appreciate it.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Was Jon born out of salt and smoke doe :dwillhuh:
He wasn't. The common theory is he'll be reborn in salt and smoke as Azor Azhai.

-smoke: Jon's wounds smoke as he's beeing stabbed
-salt: Bowen Marsh and the others cry as they're stabbing. Tears are salted water.
-bleeding star: Ser Patrek's bleeding corpse is above. His heraldry is that of multiple five-pointed stars.

Also Jon sees himself fighting the others with a burning sword in his hand in a dream.

The thing is, both Daenerys and Jon(and to a lesser extent Victarion) fit the prophecy. And GRRM confirmed that Azor Azhai and The Prince that was Promised are the same thing. So they both can't be it. That along with the fact that GRRM has a tendency to subvert traditional fantasy tropes(with the prophecised hero being the oldest of them all) makes me think we're all being taken on a big ride with this prophecy business.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
He wasn't. The common theory is he'll be reborn in salt and smoke as Azor Azhai.

-smoke: Jon's wounds smoke as he's beeing stabbed
-salt: Bowen Marsh and the others cry as they're stabbing. Tears are salted water.
-bleeding star: Ser Patrek's bleeding corpse is above. His heraldry is that of multiple five-pointed stars.

Also Jon sees himself fighting the others with a burning sword in his hand in a dream.

The thing is, both Daenerys and Jon(and to a lesser extent Victarion) fit the prophecy. And GRRM confirmed that Azor Azhai and The Prince that was Promised are the same thing. So they both can't be it. That along with the fact that GRRM has a tendency to subvert traditional fantasy tropes(with the prophecised hero being the oldest of them all) makes me think we're all being taken on a big ride with this prophecy business.

:ohhh:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:wow:

This is too much

You know what sealed the deal for me? The fact that 3 members of the kingsguard, including their lord commander, were protecting lyanna stark in the tower of joy instead of rhaegars trueborn children, his wife, his pregnant mom and viserys. Barristan, Lewyn martell and another KG on the field battling Roberts forces and Jamie with the mad king...they abandoned the only children that are next in line to rule just to protect a "hostage"..nah..

Rhaegar knew that his and lyannas kid would be the prince who was promised, he was obsessed with the whole prophecy so of course he would have lyanna and their son (jon) protected..

Also keep in mind how close Jon and arya are and how much they look alike. arya is said to be the splitting image of lyanna..it makes too much sense to me for this theory not to be true

Plus..a song of ice (jon/lyanna) and fire (daenarys/rhaegar)..the bulk of the major characters storylines happen in the same region while Jon and daenarys are completely separated from everyone else..

:ohlawd: it is too much

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
You know what sealed the deal for me? The fact that 3 members of the kingsguard, including their lord commander, were protecting lyanna stark in the tower of joy instead of rhaegars trueborn children, his wife, his pregnant mom and viserys. Barristan, Lewyn martell and another KG on the field battling Roberts forces and Jamie with the mad king...they abandoned the only children that are next in line to rule just to protect a "hostage"..nah..

Rhaegar knew that his and lyannas kid would be the prince who was promised, he was obsessed with the whole prophecy so of course he would have lyanna and their son (jon) protected..

Also keep in mind how close Jon and arya are and how much they look alike. arya is said to be the splitting image of lyanna..it makes too much sense to me for this theory not to be true

Plus..a song of ice (jon/lyanna) and fire (daenarys/rhaegar)..the bulk of the major characters storylines happen in the same region while Jon and daenarys are completely separated from everyone else..

Yeah....I didn't know about the fukking Tower of Joy. That is everything. There's gotta be a chapter coming in the future when they go into Moat Caitlin and find Howland Reed and he tells the whole story :noah:

That's why he is so loyal to the Starks. He probly has Ned's bones too.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

same thing i been saying....i mean not just the lord commander but also ARTHUR FREAKIN DAYNE, Ned said he shoulda killed him, the most skilled man in all of Westeros Jamie Lannister looked up to him, Rhaegar trusted the man with his life....:mindblown: its the equivalent of having Batman protecting your personal crib.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Sometimes I feel like HBO should have grabbed the War of the Usurper storyline and made a TV show out of that instead of starting with AGoT.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Sometimes I feel like HBO should have grabbed the War of the Usurper storyline and made a TV show out of that instead of starting with AGoT.

it would make a great Anime....starting with a few weeks before the Tourney at Harrenhall ending at the defeat of Balon Greyjoy

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
:snoop:

Yall cats just dont listen

I dont know how many fukking times I told you dudes there is only ONE true king of Westeros I dont give a fukk about nothing you guys keep going on and on and on about false pretenders when the rightful heir is right in your face and you refuse to see the Lord's Light.

Stannis Baratheon of House Baratheon,first of his name,brother of dead king Robert Baratheon,King of the Andals and the First Men,Lord of Dragonstone,and Protector of the Realm is the rightful heir and will have his crown in time.

You guys talking bout prophecies and shyt what about all the prophecies Meliisadre had about Stannis that were wrong?Im not saying they always wrong but just look at the big picture not just "prophecies".My faith in Stannis is not just cause of prophecies,but the total picture him being the rightful heir,skills in the battlefield and just being an overall BOSS:king:

Im telling you Stannis will be the king before it is all said and done.The Iron bank of Braavos is about to do business with the Lord of Light and once that happens its a wrap I dont want to see none of yall nyggas claiming Team Stannis once he is on the Iron Throne:birdman:

I will agree with yall on this Tywin Lannister was the greatest battle commander during his time I mean who could get someone to yield their castle by playing a song?

I think of "The Rains of Castamere" as the same music they would play when D-bo would roll up in friday :laugh:

Duhhhh dum dum dum dum dum.........

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I dont know how many fukking times I told you dudes there is only ONE true king of Westeros I dont give a fukk about nothing you guys keep going on and on and on about false pretenders when the rightful heir is right in your face and you refuse to see the Lord's Light.

Stannis Baratheon of House Baratheon,first of his name,brother of dead king Robert Baratheon,King of the Andals and the First Men,Lord of Dragonstone,and Protector of the Realm is the rightful heir and will have his crown in time.

You guys talking bout prophecies and shyt what about all the prophecies Meliisadre had about Stannis that were wrong?Im not saying they always wrong but just look at the big picture not just "prophecies".My faith in Stannis is not just cause of prophecies,but the total picture him being the rightful heir,skills in the battlefield and just being an overall BOSS:king:

Im telling you Stannis will be the king before it is all said and done.The Iron bank of Braavos is about to do business with the Lord of Light and once that happens its a wrap I dont want to see none of yall nyggas claiming Team Stannis once he is on the Iron Throne:birdman:

I will agree with yall on this Tywin Lannister was the greatest battle commander during his time I mean who could get someone to yield their castle by playing a song?

I think of "The Rains of Castamere" as the same music they would play when D-bo would roll up in friday :laugh:

I like Stannis and all, but I don't see how he makes it out of his current situation alive. Martin could make anything happen though. I don't see him taking the throne either way...

As for Jon, he aint dead and is probably Azor Ahai reborn...But not neds kid?
tracey-jordan-nope.gif

He looks like Ned, not a Targaryen.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:shaq2: You keep saying false pretenders and blah blah blah. That nikkas swords is fake he ain't nobody, dude got debunked by an old blind nikka for fukks sake. Only reason why Melisandre saw him in her fires is because he's just a GPS waypoint.

Same with how Moqorro who has been way more adept at prophecies saw Victarion in his own fires and is now using him to get to Dany.

I bet Stannis plotline is to wreck dem Boltons once that's done he's getting clipped.